Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Teddy is not a Bronco.
    He has proven nothg but some potential. We don't know if his injury is career ending or not. He's a feel good story. That's it at this point.
    Kennum IS a Bronco. Is he the answer? Not sure yet.

He's been growing. Played decent in Houston. Played well with the Rams and if Goff wouldn't have been the # 1 overall he'd probably still be there.
    He took the Vikes deep into the playoffs and finally lost to the Super Bowl Champions.

We got him at good price. If he plays well we resign him for longer and more money. If not, he's gone after two years.
    In the mean time, Elway has said he hasn't seen enough of Lynch and seems high on Kelly.
    Could you please indicate how he played well with the Rams? Because, in six games, four TDs, one INT, isn't good. Especially when he follows that up with 9 TDs and 11 INTS. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...K/KeenCa00.htm

Goff being traded up for and drafted wasn't magic, Turf. They did it because they didn't see a QBoTF on their team. He might still be there as a backup, because that's what his career has suggested.

We got him at a high price - he is the most highly paid backup/weak startering QB in the league. The way Elway has managed his QB's after Manning does make me think he's high on something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Application is wrong, again. On one hand, one of the worst franchises kept lowballing KC and let him go. One of the best franchises signed KC ASAP while letting the guy we signed walk. So, unfortunately, I've had to make that point many times, and for some reason, it's not sticking. I'm not sure, I've laid out it out pretty plainly. The fact that a bad franchise let KC walk and a good franchise not only signed KC but let our guy walk instantly (i.e. not believing in him) is pretty god damned telling.

It's not that complicated, man. I'm here for you.
    At this point the Vikes are better than us even without Cousins. They are hoping Cousins takes them to the Bowl. They paid for it.
    We need more help than the Vikes. Getting Keenum for 10-12 million less a year allows us to add needed talent else ware while still getting a decent growing QB.
    Our defense isn't going to be what it used to be. We are not just a great QB away anymore to be competitive.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

I know our defense isn't going to be what it used to be - and adding a game manager who has only shown he can win with a great defense is pretty questionable, Turfington Toad.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Getting Keenum for 10-12 million less a year allows us to add needed talent else ware while still getting a decent growing QB.
    in fairness, the only other moves we have made to this point are bringing back todd davis and billy turner, and signing tramaine brock for a year. . . i'm sure we'll also bring in some bottom of the barrel vets at OT and TE before FA is done, but i really don't see where we have added any talent elsewhere. . . maybe they're still looking at some trades, but most if not all of the impact free agents have already been signed. . . not that i, personally, expected us to do much in FA, and i'm fine with it. . . i think it's kinda disingenuous to say that saving on keenum's deal allowed us to stock up on talent elsewhere, though, as we haven't actually done so. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 03-20-2018 at 08:37 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    in fairness, the only other moves we have made to this point are bringing back todd davis and billy turner, and signing tramaine brock for a year. . . i'm sure we'll also bring in some bottom of the barrel vets at OT and TE before FA is done, but i really don't see where we have added any talent elsewhere. . . maybe they're still looking at some trades, but most if not all of the impact free agents have already been signed. . . not that i, personally expected us to do much in FA, and i'm fine with it. . . i think it's kinda disingenuous to say that saving on keenum's deal allowed us to stock up on talent elsewhere, though, as we haven't actually done so. . .
    I think Elway expected to land 2-3 other dudes by now... Whether it was Cravens, James, Breaux, If nothing else, we can roll that money over to 2019, so I like that he's not spending just for the sake of it. But it is a little bit surprising that we haven't spent more of our $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think Elway expected to land 2-3 other dudes by now... Whether it was Cravens, James, Breaux, If nothing else, we can roll that money over to 2019, so I like that he's not spending just for the sake of it. But it is a little bit surprising that we haven't spent more of our $$.
    I think he might be slow playing it (saving $$) to see if VJ is or isn't a complete pile of dog shit, and if Keenum can be a mid tier starter. He knows we gotta nail the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Now you know how I feel about people that think Keenum is a franchise QB.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    He is likely no worse than Keenum but much cheaper. If we are resigning ourselves to a bridge QB until we get a real QB, we could have at least gotten a cheaper one that is no worse than Keenum and that has a higher ceiling.
    Your opinion of Bridgewater is much higher than mine. Apparently he still walks with a hitch in his giddyup. I wouldn't spend a cent on him unless I could run him through an extensive workout first. If he's completely healthy, I'd rather have his contract than than Keenum's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Could you please indicate how he played well with the Rams? Because, in six games, four TDs, one INT, isn't good. Especially when he follows that up with 9 TDs and 11 INTS. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...K/KeenCa00.htm

Goff being traded up for and drafted wasn't magic, Turf. They did it because they didn't see a QBoTF on their team. He might still be there as a backup, because that's what his career has suggested.

We got him at a high price - he is the most highly paid backup/weak startering QB in the league. The way Elway has managed his QB's after Manning does make me think he's high on something.
    He’s high on Kubi-Snacks.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Wow. Bridgewater isn't even going to start for the Jets. He has proven NOTHING.
    What the **** has Keenum proven?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

What the **** has Keenum proven?
    Took the Vikes deep into the playoffs and lost to the Super Bowl Champions.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

16. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Took the Vikes deep into the playoffs and lost to the Super Bowl Champions.
    While being mediocre, quite an accomplishment.

#TebowBeatSteelers

At this point I’m fairly sure some of you haven’t actually watched Keenum over the years.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You don’t know how mediocre CK has been because you do want to, Elway said so and that’s enough for me.

#LearnedHelplessness.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

While being mediocre, quite an accomplishment.

#TebowBeatSteelers

At this point I’m fairly sure some of you haven’t actually watched Keenum over the years.
    Oh I have. Have you?
    I live right in the middle of Vikings country. I watch every game and every replay cuz it's what's on.

Most fans loved him. Didn't want to see him go.
    I agree that Cousins is probably better but not 10-12 million a year better.
    Bill Williamson:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Oh I have. Have you?
    I live right in the middle of Vikings country. I watch every game and every replay cuz it's what's on.

Most fans loved him. Didn't want to see him go.
    I agree that Cousins is probably better but not 10-12 million a year better.
    That’s not at all what Minnesota radio/tv people are saying to us here in Denver, said the overwhelming mood was “Meh, thanks for the memories”. Mark Moser was in Minnesota the day the deal went down and said the same thing. Nobody cares.

And yes, I’ve watched CK, he’s a 6-0 Brian Griese. Edit, to be fair GamePass doesn’t have preseason games so maybe I missed all CK’s brilliantness.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information