Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Welp, there you have it.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- For the second time in the last seven years the Denver Broncos have roared into free agency to fix a quarterback problem.

In 2012 it was Peyton Manning and this year it's Case Keenum.

Sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter the Broncos will reel in the 30-year-old Keenum to be their quarterback of the present and the future when free agency officially opens Wednesday.

Keenum is expected to become the first of the high-profile quarterbacks in the open market to agree to a deal.

The Broncos also considered Kirk Cousins and had some discussions about Teddy Bridgewater, who was a teammate of Keenum's this past season with the Minnesota Vikings.

Keenum helped power the Vikings to the NFC Championship Game last season as Minnesota went 11-3 in his regular-season starts in place of an injured Sam Bradford.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...denver-broncos

Last edited by Buff; 03-13-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well then. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise, considering who has been asked to consult.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I hope to hell that he is the 2017 Keenum.

5. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Immediate reaction -

He's Kubiak's guy. Obviously they think he can be an effective enough starter to pay him ~$20 million/year. At that price - you're expecting him to lead you to the playoffs not be a bridge starter. We'll have to see the terms of the deal, but I'm pretty sure this means we don't take a QB in the 1st round.

7. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

They’re drafting Baker Mayfield. Book it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I guess at this point PL or Kelly will be the backup and possibly the future.

I'd be inclined to trade with Buffalo at this point. Need to get more talent depth.

14. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

If truly short term then MO probably right.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Denver trying to pull a Rich Gannon out of the hat with Case Keenum. It lets them go away from 1st rd QBs (gotta disagree with you Mo, don't see Mayfield now) and sets them up to be trade partners with the Bills in the right scenario for extra first round picks.

We'll see what the guarantees and annual rate is for Keenum but at 2/3 the price of Cousins (at most, I would think) we'll hopefully have funds left over for other needs too. Now fix the OL - properly this time. I know Case likes to make shit up, but we shouldn't make it mandatory on every play.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

17. The Following 7 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Duh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Denver trying to pull a Rich Gannon out of the hat with Case Keenum. It lets them go away from 1st rd QBs (gotta disagree with you Mo, don't see Mayfield now) and sets them up to be trade partners with the Bills in the right scenario for extra first round picks.

We'll see what the guarantees and annual rate is for Keenum but at 2/3 the price of Cousins (at most, I would think) we'll hopefully have funds left over for other needs too. Now fix the OL - properly this time. I know Case likes to make shit up, but we shouldn't make it mandatory on every play.
    If the deal is short term, they are putting a stop gap in place, even if it's $18-22 million. If that's not the case, and it's a four-five year deal at $20 per, ~$40-45 million guaranteed then they will be doing the Rich Gannon/Trent Green thing.

If it's the former, even with the money, they're going QB in the draft, IMO. And its going to be Baker Mayfield just to ******* torture me. If it's the latter, they're going after a 3rd-4th rounder type. They're going quarterback in this draft somewhere, regardless.

Stick a ******* corkscrew in my ******* eye. Sounds much more enjoyable than watching this putz for a year.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If the deal is short term, they are putting a stop gap in place, even if it's $18-22 million. If that's not the case, and it's a four-five year deal at $20 per, ~$40-45 million guaranteed then they will be doing the Rich Gannon/Trent Green thing.

If it's the former, even with the money, they're going QB in the draft, IMO. And its going to be Baker Mayfield just to ******* torture me. If it's the latter, they're going after a 3rd-4th rounder type. They're going quarterback in this draft somewhere, regardless.
    Yeah, I expect a QB too (and why not, they've got plenty of picks and John needs all the extra draws at the deck he can get for that position apparently). Just not at #5. I expect Denver would like to trade out of the pick now, and with 4 QBs along with Barkley, Fitzpatrick and Bradley Chubb, there's got to be some action available. Keenum gives you some certainty at the position which Denver needs - can't keep giving the job to rookies.

It's gonna be a fun draft. We'll see how early John can drive me to drink.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

We won’t see much of Keenum.

It’s a qb at 5 or we make the buff trade and go for a Lamar and see what Kelly has this year. Maybe a like or Rudolph. We won’t see Keenum
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information