Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    It's the doom and gloom I had an issue with. I'm surprised no one can see that.

But I don't automatically have as high opinion of Cousins as some. Yes, he is a very good QB.
    But some think he's "elite." I haven't seen that. I haven't seen where he can raise the level of
    others and put a team on his back and win it. I just think we're as well off with one as we are
    the other. People think he's going to transform the Vikings. I think they'll have what they had
    last year. They almost went to the Super Bowl. So do they think they will this year? Well, the
    Eagles and Saints are still in that Conference. And Rodgers will be healthy again. So we'll see.
    I'm tired of the doom and gloom as well...

Is he the next Elway or Manning? No, but he's all we've got and likely all we're going to get since I don't see us drafting a QB at this point. He had a solid year last year, you'd think we could at the very least wait until training camp before we start proclaiming to all that he sucks and all he'll ever do is suck.

Nothing we say is going to change a damn thing. Just sit back for a few months and see what happens, enough with the endless woe is us negativity around here. Cheer the hell up you guys!

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

When did the Elway say Keenum is the face of the franchise for the next five or six years?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Can you imagine how many heads will explode once the draft is done?

It won't even matter who the Broncos pick. Someone (or several people) will have major problems with who we pick.
    Go wash your mouth out with soap. You're beginning to sound like me.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Can you imagine how many heads will explode once the draft is done?

It won't even matter who the Broncos pick. Someone (or several people) will have major problems with who we pick.
    I'm actually thinking since the Jets moved up to 3, another team is going to leapfrog into 4 and we don't draft a QB. I suspect we'll land Chubb or Barkley and anyone who complains about either of those picks needs to get their heads checked lol, because either one of those players would have a MASSIVE positive impact on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    When did the Elway say Keenum is the face of the franchise for the next five or six years?
    He didn't, but people (understandably so) would rather see someone be the face of the franchise for the next five or six years. Sadly, it doesn't happen overnight and people love to freak out over everything.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I don't remember that. He signed Keenum for two years. To me that's saying, "You tore it
    up last year. I want to see whether you're going to keep it up before we count on you
    long term."

Or not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm actually thinking since the Jets moved up to 3, another team is going to leapfrog into 4 and we don't draft a QB. I suspect we'll land Chubb or Barkley and anyone who complains about either of those picks needs to get their heads checked lol, because either one of those players would have a MASSIVE positive impact on this team.
    I was not impressed with Chubb. I would love to see Nelson or Barkley. But I think the
    Browns may jump on Barkley with the #1 overall since they have the #4 and can still
    get one of the QBs.

I was not impressed with Chubb. I would love to see Nelson or Barkley. But I think the
    Browns may jump on Barkley with the #1 overall since they have the #4 and can still
    get one of the QBs.
    Yea, but they can get a QB and then get 1-2 more first round draft picks by moving back 2-3 picks. That also makes sense. The first 5 picks are going to be crazy this year. I don't think the trading around is done, who knows, we may not pick until later in the first.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't remember that. He signed Keenum for two years. To me that's saying, "You tore it
    up last year. I want to see whether you're going to keep it up before we count on you
    long term."

Or not.
    I don't see it quite that way. It looks to me that he was brought in to be the transition to the next franchise quarterback.

11. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I don't see it quite that way. It looks to me that he was brought in to be the transition to the next franchise quarterback.
    Well, that's the other side of it, and it very well could be. We'll get a chance to see that on draft day.

Just a thought -- they may still want to develop Paxton, too. Or maybe not. *shrugs*

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Yea, but they can get a QB and then get 1-2 more first round draft picks by moving back 2-3 picks. That also makes sense. The first 5 picks are going to be crazy this year. I don't think the trading around is done, who knows, we may not pick until later in the first.
    It's going to look like a Walmart Grand Opening . . .

Well, that's the other side of it, and it very well could be. We'll get a chance to see that on draft day.

Just a thought -- they may still want to develop Paxton, too. Or maybe not. *shrugs*
    I hope not, if they don't realize he's trash by now, I question their evaluation skills more than I already previously did.

It's going to look like a Walmart Grand Opening . . .
    But with more teeth.

I was at Walmart the other day and a lady had March Madness teeth. She was down to the Final Four.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I hope not, if they don't realize he's trash by now, I question their evaluation skills more than I already previously did.
    In his presser, Elway said that we still have Paxton, and we still don't know what he can do.

FWIW

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I finally caught up with the press conference and stuff after a busy week, and I really like his attitude. I mean look! Dude wore an Elway jersey as a kid:

And he looks lovingly at his Broncos jersey even today:

Its a team friendly contract and gives us options in the draft now. I'm willing to give him a good shot. Plus my friend who is a Vikes fan was gutted with the Cousins move and that they lost Keenum. I will revel in his misery if everything works out.

18. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information