Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I have said that he may not be the answer. He still has a lot to prove.

Anyway, he was the best FA QB for the money to take a chance on. He's a Bronco. The others are not.
    I don't know that I've seen a single person say "He's our long term solution" but Jaded likes to put words in peoples mouths. Supposedly according to Jaded, I said that Trevor was the second coming of Brady... Never said anything of the sort, but Jaded clings hard to it.

I doubt Case is here past his 2 year contract, I hope he does well enough that we have to consider extending him, but I do not expect that to happen, the team will need to groom another QB over the next two years.

I think people are warming up to Case (I am) and like him as a person, he's a likable guy, he's a Broncos fan like we are, so it's natural to hope that he succeeds, but hoping he does well (which means the team by extension is likely doing well) is a farcry from saying that he's our franchise QB.

If someone on here said it, I must have missed it, but I highly doubt that anyone did.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    This is basically where I am at. I do not see a big difference between him and Cousins other than contract demands. Cousins had some serious red flags as well, like a 4-19 record against winning teams. I cant for the life of me figure out why people are complaining about CK's contract. His deal is extremely team friendly considering how starting caliber QB contracts have been dealt out the last few years. Hell, CK is making less than Osweiler got paid 3 years ago.

We have a capable starter now who will at the very worst be a step above what we had last year and at his best we could have a hidden gem with a chip on his shoulder.

Our biggest problem now is we have to get rid of that giant moron "leader of men" who will anchor this franchise in shitsville for as long as he is allowed to be the Head Coach.
    I was complaining about the contract before the details came out. It's a lot better than I expected it to be when the original reports were $18M per year. The cap hit is reasonable at it is fairly team friendly.

With Radio as our coach, it may not matter who our QB is, we may be doomed by bad coaching regardless of QB play.

Adopted Bronco:

Talib is gone for multiple reasons. We can't realistically pay big money to 3 corners and expect to be able to fix much else. That being said, Talib is 32 and history dictates that CB's tend to drop off significantly at that age. Just 3 years ago, I remember reading an article that there were NO corners on any roster over the age of 31 at the time. And if we're able to take fanboi glasses off for a minute, we can see that Talib was clearly the weakest of our corners last year and showed plenty of signs of slowing down. So in the end it only made sense to release him. he wasn't going to agree to a pay cut and he's too old to restructure.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Bingo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't know that I've seen a single person say "He's our long term solution" but Jaded likes to put words in peoples mouths. Supposedly according to Jaded, I said that Trevor was the second coming of Brady... Never said anything of the sort, but Jaded clings hard to it.

I doubt Case is here past his 2 year contract, I hope he does well enough that we have to consider extending him, but I do not expect that to happen, the team will need to groom another QB over the next two years.

I think people are warming up to Case (I am) and like him as a person, he's a likable guy, he's a Broncos fan like we are, so it's natural to hope that he succeeds, but hoping he does well (which means the team by extension is likely doing well) is a farcry from saying that he's our franchise QB.

If someone on here said it, I must have missed it, but I highly doubt that anyone did.
    Well, I never said it. But I don't mind saying it's possible. (It's also possible he could even bust.
    "Possible" is a handy word in that way.) Case said he would be better this year. Good as he was
    last year, wouldn't that be a dream? Of course, "want to" is not necessarily reality. But the type
    of white-hot desire he has can go a long way toward achieving a state of excellence. So can
    true love for one's team. That's something Case has -- the Broncos are his boyhood team.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

8. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Stop quoting Joe - it makes having him on ignore less wonderful!
    How dare you.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    How dare you.
    Quoted for visibility.

12. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, I never said it. But I don't mind saying it's possible. (It's also possible he could even bust.
    "Possible" is a handy word in that way.) Case said he would be better this year. Good as he was
    last year, wouldn't that be a dream? Of course, "want to" is not necessarily reality. But the type
    of white-hot desire he has can go a long way toward achieving a state of excellence. So can
    true love for one's team. That's something Case has -- the Broncos are his boyhood team.
    Also, if we were going to sign someone for two years for 30 mill I wouldn't blink an eye if it were Brees or such but not Cousins at this point.

We really don't want to throw PL, Kelly or a rookie out there this year so 18 mill for Keenum makes to much sense.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Also, if we were going to sign someone for two years for 30 mill I wouldn't blink an eye if it were Brees or such but not Cousins at this point.

We really don't want to throw PL, Kelly or a rookie out there this year so 18 mill for Keenum makes to much sense.
    I actually think I'd have been against giving Brees $30 mil because he's so far up there in years, there is no way he's got more than 1 MAYBE 2 years left in him.

16. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

I actually think I'd have been against giving Brees $30 mil because he's so far up there in years, there is no way he's got more than 1 MAYBE 2 years left in him.
    That's what I said buddy. Two years.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

In the playoff game against Minny, Brees underthrew one of his two INTs by six yards. That
    wouldn't have happened with a younger Brees. He's apparently lost so much arm strength
    that I fear you're right about him.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

That's what I said buddy. Two years.
    I just don't think it's worth paying a guy that could fall apart at any minute that kind of money

Essentially, the Keenum signing is a one year tryout to see if he can be the franchise QB of the future. If he plays like he did in MN and throws 22 TDs and 7 picks and over 3,000 yards or something, then the Broncos tear up the last year of his contract and give him a 4 year deal. If not, then they can walk after 2 seasons and draft their QB of the future and they won't have spent much money.

The recent confirmation that Elway never made an offer to Cousins because they didn't think he was worth the extra $10m a year he would cost over Keenum, and within hours of the start of the FA period, had a deal in place for Keenum proves that they take Keenum seriously. They want him to succeed.

Lots of fans apparently don't like Keenum and don't want him as the Broncos QB and love some other guy - Cousins or some draft pick. But, Elway obviously does not agree with this sentiment that "of course Keenum isn't a long-term prospect."

"Of course" that is just total B.S. He is being given the chance to do that. Elway just announced that Keenum is our starter for 2018. That means he either doesn't draft a QB at #5 or else drafts one and sits him on the bench while Keenum starts.

Since the latter would create more controversy the most probable course is that the Broncos either don't draft a QB at all, or take one in the 2nd or later rounds, or at most trade back, and get a QB late in the first round.

With the Jets move up to #3 the odds the Broncos take a QB in the top 5 are greatly diminished.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Top said it.

And I never said you thought TS was the second coming of Brady, I said you John Kerry on the drop of a hat, TS included.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Until Broncos sign Brees, then you’ll change your opinion on this too.

Btw, this is a stupid take, Brees is the QB you dream that CK is. MAYBE 1 year of Brees is far better than anything Denver has atm.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

23. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information