Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    In his presser, Elway said that we still have Paxton, and we still don't know what he can do.

FWIW
    We know pretty damn well what he can do and it isn't pretty...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I finally caught up with the press conference and stuff after a busy week, and I really like his attitude. I mean look! Dude wore an Elway jersey as a kid:

And he looks lovingly at his Broncos jersey even today:

Its a team friendly contract and gives us options in the draft now. I'm willing to give him a good shot. Plus my friend who is a Vikes fan was gutted with the Cousins move and that they lost Keenum. I will revel in his misery if everything works out.
    Most of us just wants to find someone in our lives who looks at us the way Case Keenum looks at that jersey.

The guy is one of us, a Broncos fan who got the job of his dreams as our starter. I can't help but at least hope for him to succeed. I don't think he stands a chance to be our long term QB, but still, I'd love to see him do well (if nothing else because that directly correlates to the team doing well)

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Most of us just wants to find someone in our lives who looks at us the way Case Keenum looks at that jersey.
    That's how my son looks Christmas morning when he unwraps a sweater that's way too big.

Minus the facial hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

We know pretty damn well what he can do and it isn't pretty...
    Well, brace yourself. Here is Elway's most recent statement on Paxton:

“Paxton is still young,” Elway said on whether a quarterback will be considered with the fifth overall pick. “We still have high hopes for Paxton. He’s a young guy that is talented. He’s been here for two years and had a tough year last year with the injuries and everything, but we still have high hopes for Paxton to come in here and compete and continue to grow as a quarterback. That is the expectation for Paxton."
    Came from here: https://tinyurl.com/y7d8xk25
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

If Elway had admitted to himself Paxton was a bust and a complete scrub, what would he say then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    If Elway had admitted to himself Paxton was a bust and a complete scrub, what would he say then?
    One thing I get out of that is the possibility that the Broncos are going elsewhere with their
    draft choices, other than quarterback. It's hard to decipher what they have in mind up in
    the FO, but that did occur to me.

Well at the same time, it's not like he's going to say "he's crap, but we can't cut him because it would be a huge cap hit so we're just going to pay him to sit around and do absolutely nothing."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

All aboard the Paxton Train, there’s just me so take your time.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    All aboard the Paxton Train, there’s just me so take your time.
    So let me get this straight. You'd rather blindly hope for Paxton to pan out (despite repeated failures) than hope for the guy that just took his team to the NFC championship to grow and possibly (though unlikely) improve on his results last year...

I mean, at least one of the two has shown something that at least creates a little hope for the future. The other has been a massive disappointment since day one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Well at the same time, it's not like he's going to say "he's crap, but we can't cut him because it would be a huge cap hit so we're just going to pay him to sit around and do absolutely nothing."
    That's true. However, what Elway said wasn't in answer to a question about Paxton.
    He brought it up by himself, out of the blue. So there's that.

That's true. However, what Elway said wasn't in answer to a question about Paxton.
    He brought it up by himself, out of the blue. So there's that.
    Could be hyping him up as trade bait, though, if we were getting anything for him, it would have happened already.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So let me get this straight. You'd rather blindly hope for Paxton to pan out (despite repeated failures) than hope for the guy that just took his team to the NFC championship to grow and possibly (though unlikely) improve on his results last year...

I mean, at least one of the two has shown something that at least creates a little hope for the future. The other has been a massive disappointment since day one.
    Yeah, believe it or not I have more hope for the 1st round talent with 4 starts than I do for a scrub with 7 years of Rudy Ruettiger.

And ya know what? I could use CK example against you as all the reason I need .
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Could be hyping him up as trade bait, though, if we were getting anything for him, it would have happened already.
    Well, that's just it. They did indicate their intentions of keeping PL around, but you never know . . .

Well, that's just it. They did indicate their intentions of keeping PL around, but you never know . . .
    If you are trying to find someone to trade, you are going to try and show absolute confidence in his ability to turn it around.

It could be legitimately the way Elway feels, but Paxton Lynch sucks so freaking bad... I mean, everyone other than Jaded has seen enough to recognize you could give him a decade and he wouldn't get it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

If you are trying to find someone to trade, you are going to try and show absolute confidence in his ability to turn it around.

It could be legitimately the way Elway feels, but Paxton Lynch sucks so freaking bad... I mean, everyone other than Jaded has seen enough to recognize you could give him a decade and he wouldn't get it.
    Well, and me. We need to understand that Paxton has had all of four (4) games under his belt.
    Nobody yet knows really what we have there. He is supremely gifted physically. But he hasn't
    played enough to find out what he has mentally. IMO

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information