Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If you are trying to find someone to trade, you are going to try and show absolute confidence in his ability to turn it around.

It could be legitimately the way Elway feels, but Paxton Lynch sucks so freaking bad... I mean, everyone other than Jaded has seen enough to recognize you could give him a decade and he wouldn't get it.
    Elway, himself, has said he hasn't see enough of PL yet. I guess I'll take HIS word for it.
    The Broncos knew he was a 2-3 yr project. He's comming into his third.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

2. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

They can’t cut Paxton for cap reasons, so it would be silly for Elway to say they’re moving on from him.

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Elway, himself, has said he hasn't see enough of PL yet. I guess I'll take HIS word for it.
    The Broncos knew he was a 2-3 yr project. He's comming into his third.
    Actually, in effect, he hasn't even approached his third in actual experience.

Now, if he could just stay healthy . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

6. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, and me. We need to understand that Paxton has had all of four (4) games under his belt.
    Nobody yet knows really what we have there. He is supremely gifted physically. But he hasn't
    played enough to find out what he has mentally. IMO
    I always hear how gifted he allegedly is, I've seen nothing other than hearsay to support it. The whole 4 games thing doesn't cut it... His work ethic sucks and there is little to no evidence that he feels like he needs to put any work in.

Dude would rather play his Xbox than study game film. Unless he suddenly matures and starts caring about the chance he's been handed, he will never pan out.

I always hear how gifted he allegedly is, I've seen nothing other than hearsay to support it. The whole 4 games thing doesn't cut it... His work ethic sucks and there is little to no evidence that he feels like he needs to put any work in.

Dude would rather play his Xbox than study game film. Unless he suddenly matures and starts caring about the chance he's been handed, he will never pan out.
    Questions about his work ethic were disputed by the team last year. Hearsay.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

That's the way he came into the league, for sure. But it is my understanding he has matured
    and become much more responsible about his job. In fact, he has been training off-season
    this year with a mentor.

But no one can dispute his physical talent. That's why the Broncos moved up to get him. He
    was the most gifted, in that respect, in his draft class. He is more gifted than any of this
    year's candidates, except possibly Josh Allen. So, again, it's between the ears that they have
    to find out about.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

keep polishing that turd, fellas. . .

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    keep polishing that turd, fellas. . .
    After everything PL has done for you? Smdh
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If you are trying to find someone to trade, you are going to try and show absolute confidence in his ability to turn it around.

It could be legitimately the way Elway feels, but Paxton Lynch sucks so freaking bad... I mean, everyone other than Jaded has seen enough to recognize you could give him a decade and he wouldn't get it.
    “Everyone other than Jaded”, I can live with that, could you?

Ya know what else? TS > CK

I guess I’m just not as susceptible to group think as you, my opinions are hard ... and strong ... and down to get the friction on.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    After everything PL has done for you? Smdh
    i know, right?

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Questions about his work ethic were disputed by the team last year. Hearsay.
    In fairness, the team isn’t going to come out and say “We have a lazy turd at QB”. I do remember when he got healthy last year, VJ talked about how he didn’t know the playbook. So you an read into that whatever you like.

18. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

“Everyone other than Jaded”, I can live with that, could you?

I guess I’m just not as susceptible to group think as you, my opinions are hard ... and strong ... and down to get the friction on.
    Not even group think, just a lack of being an *******. I'm not sold on the guy as a QB, but I'm not going to sit here mocking others and complaining about how terrible he is.

It is what it is man. Life goes on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I'm Pretty sure Elway realizes he made a mistake with Paxton. I think he is going to be given a legit shot at the #2 against Chad Kelly this offseason, but unless Paxton decides to commit to football and stop being a tool bag, he will lose out and be cut or if were lucky traded prior to the season for a 6th rd pick or more likely a 7th rd pick next year or following year. Kelly I believe will be the #2 Behind Keenum. he has a legit 1st rd. NFL skillset and if they have managed to get him focused on football and nip the whole of the field concerns that's a great thing. Plus if he is focused and ready he is already ahead of guys like Allen, Jackson, Rudolph, and in my mind maybe even Darnold. I truly think Elway wants Kelly to be the guy by 2019/2020 and Keenum is just the safety net. I actually credit Elway a bit here. If Case continues to be great like last year, Elway is a genius. If Case isn't and Kelly is the guy Elway thinks he is, then he is a genius again for grabbing him so late. If neither of those two options work out and we don't draft a top tier QB, then rightfully Elway should be held accountable and put on notice for his job. For me I am only interested in Rosen, Mayfield who could start in my mind from day 1. I like Jackson quit a bit to, and I think he is far and away farther ahead then Paxton was and is, but if you pass on Rosen and Mayfield, you might as well keep on passing the other Qb's and fill Cover LB, CB, RT in rds 1-3. I was never a huge Keenum fan but he earned his salary from his play last year. Also I am thankful we have Musgrave, who I believe will be able to be the key to helping Keenum and Kelly continue to develop.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

22. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

A bit off topic but my response to this post on FB is relevant for Denver going forward with whomever they choose to ride with long term.

My response to this,

Its the price of the position unfortunately. Once Big Ben, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees are gone the NFL has to start looking to find the guys who will "supposedly" carry the league into the future. I think Cousins and Stafford have done enough (stat wise) to garner the money. But Jimmy G and Carr have very little on their resume's to warrant the pricetag but its not their fault either. Its just how the market is set and as an organization you are either going to pay the guys the money or let them walk until they find a team that does. Its risky but since there is no clear idea of the players of the future its a gamble that teams have to take to try and secure their franchises. At some point Denver will have to do the same whether its a guy on their current roster or someone they draft.

24. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information