Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 8 (Colts week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 8 (Colts week)

Here's some bottom of the roster news:

Also, TV maps - a surprisingly large part of the country is getting this game. Don't forget, this game was flexed to the early window.

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=8

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Most likely not gonna watch this one. Can't handle the agony!
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The whole world is now on the Colts bandwagon -- and not a person in the world expects Denver to win...

I wouldn't be all that shocked to see Denver win given that the NFL never makes sense. And I also wouldn't be surprised to see another lackluster boring game where we lose like 20-12 and the offense can't get out of its own way.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The whole world is now on the Colts bandwagon -- and not a person in the world expects Denver to win...

I wouldn't be all that shocked to see Denver win given that the NFL never makes sense. And I also wouldn't be surprised to see another lackluster boring game where we lose like 20-12 and the offense can't get out of its own way.
    The NFL looks weird through the eyes of Vegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 1h
    Fangio on the Sanders trade: “It was a good opportunity for both teams.”

Fangio, on whether DaeSean Hamilton is ready to step into a bigger role: “We’ll see ... I’d just like to see a little more oomph in his play.”

Fangio: No players on IR will practice this week. “We’re just looking to get more information.” Tim Patrick will practice next week and “he’ll probably be one of the designated guys (to return).”

Mike Klis @MikeKlis 1h
    Ja’Wuan James practicing, plan on playing all three OTs. Bolles, Wilkinson too. #9sports

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 1h
    #Broncos Fangio said Callahan making progress with foot injury but admitted that it’s possible he won’t play this season #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 1h
    Broncos CB Bryce Callahan underwent stem cell treatment on his foot last month, with the hope it would promote healing. The original projection was at least 4-6 weeks, if the foot healed & he didn’t need another surgery. Fangio said it’s “possible” he won’t play this season.

This is the four-week mark since the treatment, but Fangio said the expectation is closer to 6 weeks. Fangio said Callahan is progressing but not enough, and when/if his foot has healed enough, he will need time to get back into football shape.

Signs so far point to a missed season for Callahan as he continues to heal. “It’s possible,” Fangio said. “It’s not the hope, but it’s possible.”

Joe Flacco on the criticism from Troy Aikman and others that he lacked fire in the loss to the Chiefs: “At the end of the day, I am who I am. ... If I’m being somebody that I’m not, nobody in that huddle is going to respect me.”

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

Joe Flacco on the criticism from Troy Aikman and others that he lacked fire in the loss to the Chiefs: “At the end of the day, I am who I am. ... If I’m being somebody that I’m not, nobody in that huddle is going to respect me.”
    I have no idea what this even means. If Flacco is doing anything other than putting up above average numbers vs. the Colts I want him riding pine...

P.S. I don't think anyone is respecting you Joe.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Here's some bottom of the roster news:

Also, TV maps - a surprisingly large part of the country is getting this game. Don't forget, this game was flexed to the early window.

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=8
    How bad do you have to be to be an OL and get cut from this team, poor guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I have no idea what this even means. If Flacco is doing anything other than putting up above average numbers vs. the Colts I want him riding pine...

P.S. I don't think anyone is respecting you Joe.
    I will kind of half defend him -- here is my rough translation: "As long as I'm taking 9 sacks in a game and throwing generally uncatchable balls all night - who cares how emotional I am? It won't change anything if I come in the huddle and start yelling at everyone when my play is so poor."

So on some level, he's kind of right?

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This is all the same ho-hum shit he did in Baltimore that pissed off the fan base and got him benched. So, yeah, maybe someone should have thought of that beforehand, John?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I guess this fills our open roster spot

#Championship

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This is all the same ho-hum shit he did in Baltimore that pissed off the fan base and got him benched. So, yeah, maybe someone should have thought of that beforehand, John?
    Exactly, he wasn't going to magically change just being in Denver he is this kind of QB, that's why Baltimore knew his ceiling and moved to a athletic Qb that couldn't throw, because at least it wasn't the same shit. I said all summer the fan base there disliked him a lot.....all my previous friends from when i was stationed in that area laughed when we traded for him, and its been non stop shit talking to me about our shitty QB all year, amplified even more by him basically quitting since the Thursday game....

There was many reasons I hated Flacco, thankfully more and more people are finally coming around.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Can he play QB or T?
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

You need me on that wall!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

22. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Fangio: Ja’Wuan James looked “OK” practice yesterday. He’ll do more today.

Fangio: The rotation with James/Bolles/Wilkinson is “TBD” — “I think he’s medically cleared to play, I don’t know that he’s football cleared to play” based on the lack of activity on the field over the last six weeks.

Fangio: “In his case, since it was a knee [injury], he couldn’t do anything for four or five weeks ... a big guy, they get out of shape pretty quickly.”

Fangio on new DL Jonathan Harris: “Our personnel department had seen him during the preseason ... they kind of liked him as a prospect for the future going forward.”

Fangio on whether he’s frustrated, even though he doesn’t show it demonstratively on the sideline: “Yeah, I don’t think you have to do those things to prove that you’re frustrated. Some of the most calm coaches on the sideline have been pretty successful.” Cites Belichick, etc.

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 1h
    #Broncos Fangio credits #Colts

GM Chris Ballard for way Indy has played without Andrew Luck. Said, every team has to build through the draft and supplement through free agency. #Denver7

Zac Stevens @ZacStevensDNVR 41m
    Von Miller with a telling quote when asked about Emmanuel Sanders: “We’re going through a tough patch here. We just want to get it right. We want people that want to get it right with us. We want people that want to be Broncos…We want people that want to get it right with us.”

Kyle Newman @KyleNewmanDP 37m
    Von Miller on his sack shortage so far in 2019: "As tough as it is to see 2.5 sacks for my fans, only imagine how I feel about that, coming into a season with the highest expectations you could probably think of." #Broncos

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information