Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    1.) I think the real risk in this deal is the opportunity cost of not selecting a QB of the future because we feel that Keenum can help us compete now. That strikes me as a bigger risk than spending the money and not coming away with a successful season.
    2.) What's missing from Mays' analysis is that our roster is built to compete now. If we would have gone with a rookie - then you run the risk of squandering the windows of high priced/high talent guys like DT, Sanders, Miller/Harris/Wolfe.
    3.) Running back might be our deepest position - I don't think it's a question mark at all with Booker's emergence and us having Anderson under contract + Deangelo Henderson.

But I agree with the overall point that there is some risk that we are overspending relative to the production we can expect.
    I still think they have to take QB at 5.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I guess I finally saw why people were excited about him toward the end of the year. He is more athletic than I realized - maybe "emergence" is giving him too much credit, but I feel like he's poised to take on more of the workload.
    I’m not as concerned about RB because this class is absolutely loaded. We can probably get a guy in the 3rd or 4th round that’s better than anyone we’ve had since Portis.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m not as concerned about RB because this class is absolutely loaded. We can probably get a guy in the 3rd or 4th round that’s better than anyone we’ve had since Portis.
    I still like Henderson. He should have seen the field more last year.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

So per scott Kacsmar...." Its not so much about the volume of pressure put on a Qb but it's how he handles it im big moments...In 2017, Minnesota’s Case Keenum (58.5) and New England’s Tom Brady (54.0) led all quarterbacks in QBR under pressure with marks that rank among the top 10 in all seasons tracked since 2009. Brady’s placement may not come as a big surprise, but Keenum’s breakout season in Minnesota continues to be one of the wildest success stories since Kurt Warner went from bagging groceries to Super Bowl MVP in 1999.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I still think they have to take QB at 5.
    This signing seems like Elway is saying "We can't gamble another 1st round pick on a QB" so soon after the Paxton miss. I don't think you can pay a QB $20 million AND take a 1st rounder that high while hoping to remain competitive.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I guess we have a difference in opinion. As a young player on a bad Houston team, he still threw for 2200 yards, 11 TD to 8 INT at 55% in only 10 starts. Over a 16 game projection, that would have been 3500 yards 18 TD/13 INT. World class? No. "Poor"? Also a NO
    So 2016 Siemian-esque numbers?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:

This signing seems like Elway is saying "We can't gamble another 1st round pick on a QB" so soon after the Paxton miss. I don't think you can pay a QB $20 million AND take a 1st rounder that high while hoping to remain competitive.
    I would agree, so maybe we can hope that a guy Buffalo likes is still there at 5 and they give us their 1st rounders for it. Assuming the Browns or Colts dont allow pull that trigger first. That would allow us to get a guy like Rudolph and still get another impact player in the 1st round...assuming Elway has learned what impact players look like.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's a fair point on the Lynch side. On the other, they've got to find a quarterback to be consistently competitive. Maybe they could take Jackson or Rudolph in round 2 or 3 and hope to hit lightning in a bottle, or maybe draft a high pick next year at the position, too. I just don't see how this takes away the need of trying to find that long term solution, though.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I still like Henderson. He should have seen the field more last year.
    I agree 100%. This draft is stacked at RB, though. There just isn’t much drop off after Barkley.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Spoiler alert...They won't take one because I guarantee you, Elway thinks he's found his guy. This move may be Elway's undoing at this point. He's already had a crap ton of questionable moves, this may be the straw that breaks the Broncos back.
    If he's found his guy why just sign him to to two years?

I see us picking top 10 next year regardless, and im on board with Cousins in having concerns about this coaching staff.

So welcome to this mess Case, its not the vikings from last year, more like the Texans or Fischer rams. Good luck!

Honestly though, it would be nice if he lit it up, but if the short term deal rumors are true, then we are back to square 1 in just a couple years. Just messy...

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So 2016 Siemian-esque numbers?
    Exactly. Can a whole lot more typically be expected from a first year player on a mediocre to bad team?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If he's found his guy why just sign him to to two years?
    I think because "his guy" was always only going to be a bridge. Elway likely thinks that for the cost/production package, he got the bet bridge option available. Even Cousins is only going to sign for 3 years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Yeah... but we need to crush this draft. This is very, very important, and not just from a QB point of view.
    i know. . .

slim, hold me!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I would agree, so maybe we can hope that a guy Buffalo likes is still there at 5 and they give us their 1st rounders for it. Assuming the Browns or Colts dont allow pull that trigger first. That would allow us to get a guy like Rudolph and still get another impact player in the 1st round...assuming Elway has learned what impact players look like.
    So I keep seeing Rudolph’s name kicked around as our fall back QB. I don’t know him and haven’t researched him at all. Is he actually any good? If so, why isn’t he ever discussed in the same conversations with the top 5 guys? Honestly, I don’t know. I hate the thought of spending a second round pick on a JAG QB. We have JAG(s). Keenum, Brozweiler, Siemian, and Lynch are all JAGs.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information