Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    He is. What's so funny about that?
    It is funny because it is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

2. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I doubt that just because Kubiak and Elway means that whatever he (Kubiak) suggests that Elway will agree without thinking it through.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It is funny because it is true.
    Actually, that is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This is what happened, I'm almost sure of it. And it's why I don't like the deal. I don't think they spent a lot of time considering any quarterback other than Keenum, because he's one of Kubiak's guys. That type of signing can get you in trouble.
    So can overpaying for a QB where the team that let him go offered him only $16 a year, while he was on $20 million franchise tag. That offered him less per year and less guaranteed than Brock Osweiller got that same year.

Who's former GM said a few months ago that he wasn't the best FA available this year.

Those that brought him into the league and were the closest to him, do not seem to consider him a franchise QB nor worth the money he just received.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    How so? Isn't any player signed a "guy" of the coaches?
    Because that’s how you get Josh McDaniels syndrome. Remember the guy who used to coach the Patriots so he made a bunch of stupid decisions and trades to get “his guys” because they were ex-Pats? Then, as usual for comfort hires, they sucked hard and made our roster worse.

It’s kinda like changing jobs and then hiring all your old buddies to work there, not because they’re the best candidate, but because you’re comfortable with them. Familiarity can be a bad thing, too. It contributes to bias and overlooking faults for the ease of comfort. It causes stagnation, lack of competition, or worse, regression. That’s why Keenum, admittedly by Joseph and Elway, kinda stinks like a Kubiak “good ol boy” hire. Doesn’t mean Keenum will be bad. It just means we know Keenum so why look elsewhere?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Because that’s how you get Josh McDaniels syndrome. Remember the guy who used to coach the Patriots so he made a bunch of stupid decisions and trades to get “his guys” because they were ex-Pats? Then, as usual for comfort hires, they sucked hard and made our roster worse.

It’s kinda like changing jobs and then hiring all your old buddies to work there, not because they’re the best candidate, but because you’re comfortable with them. Familiarity can be a bad thing, too. It contributes to bias and overlooking faults for the ease of comfort. It causes stagnation, lack of competition, or worse, regression. That’s why Keenum, admittedly by Joseph and Elway, kinda stinks like a Kubiak “good ol boy” hire. Doesn’t mean Keenum will be bad. It just means we know Keenum so why look elsewhere?
    our front office is very inbred, for sure. . . that doesn't mean their approach can't work, but it hasn't lately. . . the good ol' boy pipeline was great when it delivered wade-- but it also brought us VJ. . .

9. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I do my best.

It's my new goal to troll king as much as possible. I don't know why, exactly.
    trolling king doesn't really require any justification. . . it's one of those activities that is just inherently right. . . it's a way of life. . .

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    trolling king doesn't really require any justification. . . it's one of those activities that is just inherently right. . . it's a way of life. . .
    Stop quoting Joe - it makes having him on ignore less wonderful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Stop quoting Joe - it makes having him on ignore less wonderful!
    nobody puts joe in the corner!

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    nobody puts joe in the corner!
    Not the corner. On ignore. God blessed man! Pay attention!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    The Redskins think Alex Smith is superior to KC.
    Had you been paying attention the past few years you would have known that KC routinely got the runaround from one of the worst organizations in the game. The prevailing opinion is that Washington painted itself into a corner and that this was the 'Skins attempt to salvage a bad situation. But yes, we can pretend that the 'Skins think he's better, and that CK's game manager season with a strong cast was actually better in reality that CK's season with almost nothing around him. The same board that largely laughed at the guy after the playoff loss is now talking themselves into how this signing makes sense and is good.

I love you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    So can overpaying for a QB where the team that let him go offered him only $16 a year, while he was on $20 million franchise tag. That offered him less per year and less guaranteed than Brock Osweiller got that same year.

Who's former GM said a few months ago that he wasn't the best FA available this year.

Those that brought him into the league and were the closest to him, do not seem to consider him a franchise QB nor worth the money he just received.
    Exactly - the 'Skins notoriously lowballed him again and again. KC, who outperformed Brock by a large margin, was offered peanuts while putting up high caliber seasons. Why this is an argument for why he's bad when said organization, the 'Skins, are amongst the worst in the league, baffles me. The inverse is true - one of the better organizations in the league kicked CK to the curb as fast as possible to shell out big bucks for KC. One bad organization lowballs a guy that a good organization pays, and that good organization then boots the one year wonder game manager to the curb to get the first guy.

If the Steelers were the ones booting KC, I'd be concerned - the fact that it's Washington does the reverse of that- but that's not the case.

Exactly - the 'Skins notoriously lowballed him again and again. KC, who outperformed Brock by a large margin, was offered peanuts while putting up high caliber seasons. Why this is an argument for why he's bad when said organization, the 'Skins, are amongst the worst in the league, baffles me. The inverse is true - one of the better organizations in the league kicked CK to the curb as fast as possible to shell out big bucks for KC. One bad organization lowballs a guy that a good organization pays, and that good organization then boots the one year wonder game manager to the curb to get the first guy.

If the Steelers were the ones booting KC, I'd be concerned - the fact that it's Washington does the reverse of that- but that's not the case.
    Well, since the Broncos didn't even offer KC an offer should tell you about how the Broncos felt about him. They got CK for 10 mill less a season than KC.
    Worth checking it out to me. He did play well for the Rams the year before also. So I dont know about the one year wonder thing. If not for Goff he could still be there.
    It takes a QB more than one season to come into his own.
    Not offering KC a contract and signing CK with two young guys tells me we will NOT be drafting a QB at #5.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Well, since the Broncos didn't even offer KC an offer should tell you about how the Broncos felt about him. They got CK for 10 mill less a season than KC.
    Worth checking it out to me. He did play well for the Rams the year before also. So I dont know about the one year wonder thing. If not for Goff he could still be there.
    It takes a QB more than one season to come into his own.
    Not offering KC a contract and signing CK with two young guys tells me we will NOT be drafting a QB at #5.
    At issue is how we should have felt about him. I know how they feel about him. They got a one year wonder whose one year is that of a game manager for ten million less. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...K/KeenCa00.htm

I don't agree with you that he played well for the Rams. Other than last year, I don't think he ever really played all that well. I think the fact that the Rams went out and got Goff is pretty telling, too.

Not offering KC a contract isn't necessarily a mistake. But not doing that, signing a game manager while the defense declines and the offense isn't substantially improved is, in my opinion. I want us to draft a QB at five. If not I pray we take one of the athletic freaks who play a money position.

Adopted Bronco:

If not I pray we take one of the athletic freaks who play a money position.
    like guard. . .

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information