Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This backs up my theory that Denver had interest in Cousins early but after the price tag went up they went on to pursue Keenum which also goes against the theory that Keenum was their first choice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-kirk-cousins

That's not to say Elway didn't share Miller's interest in Cousins. Once he realized the price tag would skyrocket out of a comfortable range, though, Elway didn't want to get left holding the bag in a relatively deep quarterback market. As NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport pointed out, the Broncos decided to pivot toward a full pursuit of former Vikings QB Case Keenum when they realized on the Monday night before free agency they wouldn't get Cousins.
    When Elway stood before the NFL world last Friday and declared we got our guy, he had plausible deniability in his corner.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    This backs up my theory that Denver had interest in Cousins early but after the price tag went up they went on to pursue Keenum which also goes against the theory that Keenum was their first choice.

North, no one really believes that we weren't interested, and the consensus opinion across the league, analysts, fans, literally almost everyone, is that KC is superior to CK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    North, no one really believes that we weren't interested, and the consensus opinion across the league, analysts, fans, literally almost everyone, is that KC is superior to CK.
    Funny their initials are the same, but reversed. Perhaps a pretell to the future? KC will suck and CK will rule?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The Redskins think Alex Smith is superior to KC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Funny their initials are the same, but reversed.
    This is the type of analysis you can only find at broncos forums dot com folks!

9. The Following 9 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    This is the type of analysis you can only find at broncos forums dot com folks!
    I do my best.

It's my new goal to troll king as much as possible. I don't know why, exactly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

This is true. I have seen it from several pundits that the Broncos sniffed and kicked the tires
    with Cousins, but quickly shifted to Keenum and was after Keenum from the start. This likely
    is partly, or largely, because of Kubiak's affinity for Keenum. He and VJ really like Keenum,
    and Elway seemed genuinely enthused in his presser. I don't think they're a bit sorry they
    didn't really consider Cousins.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    This is true. I have seen it from several pundits that the Broncos sniffed and kicked the tires
    with Cousins, but quickly shifted to Keenum and was after Keenum from the start. This likely
    is partly, or largely, because of Kubiak's affinity for Keenum. He and VJ really like Keenum,
    and Elway seemed genuinely enthused in his presser. I don't think they're a bit sorry they
    didn't really consider Cousins.
    This is what happened, I'm almost sure of it. And it's why I don't like the deal. I don't think they spent a lot of time considering any quarterback other than Keenum, because he's one of Kubiak's guys. That type of signing can get you in trouble.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Keenum was the first choice. Elway just didn't mention he was the first choice of anyone in the non 30m market.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This is what happened, I'm almost sure of it. And it's why I don't like the deal. I don't think they spent a lot of time considering any quarterback other than Keenum, because he's one of Kubiak's guys. That type of signing can get you in trouble.
    How so? Isn't any player signed a "guy" of the coaches?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Not really. Elway said they researched all the available QBs deeply before they settled on Keenum.
    There is a lot to research on Keenum, through which I have combed. Even though I initially had
    negative reactions over his signing, I since have sifted through everything I could find on him,
    from college to the Texans to the Rams to the Vikings. I can now see why they like him.

I might add that, while any FO is going to put a positive face on any signing, to be sure, they
    seemed absolutely giddy over this one. One would think they just introduced their first-round
    draft choice.
    Last edited by topscribe; 03-20-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Let's be frank here.

While I am scared shitless of the signing because I do not have any idea which version of Keenum will show up this season, of all the QB FA's this year Keenum had the best season. That really isn't a debate.

Cousins was the guy who was the most consistent and best of them over the last several years which is why I wanted him, but 2017...Keenum was the best.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    The Redskins think Alex Smith is superior to KC.
    He is. What's so funny about that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Not really. Elway said they researched all the available QBs deeply before they settled on Keenum.
    There is a lot to research on Keenum, through which I have combed. Even though I initially had
    negative reactions over his signing, I since have sifted through everything I could find on him,
    from the Texans to the Rams to the Vikings. I can now see why they like him.

I might add that, while any FO is going to put a positive face on any signing, to be sure, they
    seemed absolutely giddy over this one. One would think they just introduced their first-round
    draft choice.
    Ok.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    How so? Isn't any player signed a "guy" of the coaches?
    Just going with people who were familiar to him is what got Shanahan into trouble as a GM. Skimping on the scouting, because someone in the room knows this guy and signed this guy at a former job. Maybe it didn't happen, maybe it's all above board and this is a brilliant signing, but it just doesn't feel like it to me

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information