Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Rudolph has a similar throwing motion as Elway.

Keep in mind, I don't watch college football outside of Colorado - just watching his highlights.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So I keep seeing Rudolph’s name kicked around as our fall back QB. I don’t know him and haven’t researched him at all. Is he actually any good? If so, why isn’t he ever discussed in the same conversations with the top 5 guys? Honestly, I don’t know. I hate the thought of spending a second round pick on a JAG QB. We have JAG(s). Keenum, Brozweiler, Siemian, and Lynch are all JAGs.
    In all honesty, I can't explain why he isn't listed among the top names more regularly, so I'll have to leave that to scouts that know more than me. But based on what I see, he's got some very bona fide skills, great leader, smart player, etc. I think the biggest knocks on him would probably be overall mobility, but then he did score like 6 rushing TD's this season. And he probably needs a little work on his intermediate accuracy.

I don't know. I've seen a ton of OSU games and I really liked him...even more than Mayfield.

I think Henderson may turn out to be special, if he ever gets on the field.

I think Booker will be just a guy but I think Henderson has that "it" factor.

4. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    In all honesty, I can't explain why he isn't listed among the top names more regularly, so I'll have to leave that to scouts that know more than me. But based on what I see, he's got some very bona fide skills, great leader, smart player, etc. I think the biggest knocks on him would probably be overall mobility, but then he did score like 6 rushing TD's this season. And he probably needs a little work on his intermediate accuracy.

I don't know. I've seen a ton of OSU games and I really liked him...even more than Mayfield.
    The knock is always that he's a system QB, like a Baylor thrower against similar Big 12 "secondaries," and that his spread offense is too spread-y. Can he read defenses? Can he take snaps from under center? How are his progressions when his guys aren't running free all the time like mustangs on the open range?

I dunno, man. But I've liked his game and his growth. He's sneaky when he needs to be, gutsy when he has to be, his arm seems to be "enough" especially on some nice deep throws in his arsenal while also being nowhere near a cannon, but what's in between his ears is most important to me.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

6. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think because "his guy" was always only going to be a bridge. Elway likely thinks that for the cost/production package, he got the bet bridge option available. Even Cousins is only going to sign for 3 years.
    I was under the impression from Freyaka that he was looking at more like face of the franchise (i.e. 4 to 5 years down the road.) When the news broke my first thought was this is short term solution while developing a quarterback. It also gives Denver the flexibility. The can stay at five and take a quarterback but they can also take Nelson and then quarterback later, maybe Rudolph. The can also move down and like it's mentioned make a deal with the Bills .

After a night to think about it compared to the other available options, plus the amount of potential crow in this thread (hi king), I'm on board. I still don't love it, but on a 2 year deal it's a solid plan. Now fill some FA holes and crush the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    After a night to think about it compared to the other available options, plus the amount of potential crow in this thread (hi king), I'm on board. I still don't love it, but on a 2 year deal it's a solid plan. Now fill some FA holes and crush the draft.
    Pray we take a QB in the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Pray we take a QB in the first round.
    Unless it's somewhere other than 5, I hope we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

12. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

I wish i could see a 2 year deal as a solid plan.

Of course the draft is yet to happen....

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    The knock is always that he's a system QB, like a Baylor thrower against similar Big 12 "secondaries," and that his spread offense is too spread-y. Can he read defenses? Can he take snaps from under center? How are his progressions when his guys aren't running free all the time like mustangs on the open range?

I dunno, man. But I've liked his game and his growth. He's sneaky when he needs to be, gutsy when he has to be, his arm seems to be "enough" especially on some nice deep throws in his arsenal while also being nowhere near a cannon, but what's in between his ears is most important to me.
    He is certainly the most accurate deep passer in this group. I suppose I can certianly see the concern of being a "system QB", but he did take more snaps under center this season than in the past. I'll be intrigued to hear about his pro day

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He is certainly the most accurate deep passer in this group. I suppose I can certianly see the concern of being a "system QB", but he did take more snaps under center this season than in the past. I'll be intrigued to hear about his pro day
    It's been awhile but earlier on people were touting Luke Falk there should be similar for him as well. Mike Leach's quarterback always put up huge numbers but much that has to do with the system.

Unless it's somewhere other than 5, I hope we don't.
    OoooOOoOh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It's been awhile but earlier on people were touting Luke Falk there should be similar for him as well. Mike Leach's quarterback always put up huge numbers but much that has to do with the system.
    I think Falk is very similar to Rosen when it comes to release and technical ability...but also as it pertains to getting beat up and injured and not having the greatest pocket presence. Obviously there are things that make Rosen a much better prospect, so I see Falk as not much more than a career back-up. Think Siemian. LOL

18. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I still like Henderson. He should have seen the field more last year.
    I still don't like Henderson, but he should have seen the field more last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I am not suprised since he is $10 mill a year cheaper then cousins and Elway has been linked to him in past. I sure as hell hope 2017 was his coming out season. But with a 2 yr contract I expect a QB at 5 now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information