Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

He was a backup in Houston and played like a backup. He exceeded nothing there.

Keenum's expectations are lower because he's a lower tier player. TS exceeded expectations when he was the starter the next year, and when he made the NFL in the first place. Being shitty and being less shitty than people thought isn't an accomplishment.

Him getting his teeth kicked in and needing Diggs + The Dream 2.0 isn't valuable. It just means in his heart he knows he's shit.

Kubiak loves him. We know that this is a death sentence now. He's not a known commodity other than that he's been shit. And his actual merit is so unknown that the team where he was good (once) couldn't wait to replace him.

Our roster talent is dwindling and we either needed a complete retool or a big time QB to make it work. We got neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Or, it’s possible we’ve just watched more than the Vikings’ 2017 season. Bradford was also on fire before he blew out his knee again in that offense. Maybe Keenum (and I hope so) will be good for us. Maybe he’s gonna Matt Flynn/Mike Glennon the shit outta us.
    Bradford really is a good very accurate QB - except that he's a china doll. People underestimate that. There's a reason the Vikings kept trying to get him back on the field. In 2016 he was their starting QB and threw 20 TDs and only 5 Ints, 3877 yards and a completion percentage of 71.6%. He would certainly have been the Vikings long term franchise QB if he could have stayed healthy, which he couldn't.

The Vikings will probably re-sign him if they can't sign Cousins. Then they'd get to see whether either of the two gimps, Bradford or Bridgewater can get on the field.

I think it would be awesome if Keenum lights it up for the Broncos, while Cousins signs with the Jets leaving the Vikings to twist slowly in the wind with Bradford and/or Bridgewater. After losing their arbitration with Bridgewater it would take some doing to get him back to the Vikings. They seem awfully confident they are getting Cousins to let Keenum, Bridewater and Bradford all walk.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-13-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post

Keenum's expectations are lower because he's a lower tier player. TS exceeded expectations when he was the starter the next year, and when he made the NFL in the first place. Being shitty and being less shitty than people thought isn't an accomplishment.

Him getting his teeth kicked in and needing Diggs + The Dream 2.0 isn't valuable. It just means in his heart he knows he's shit.

Kubiak loves him. We know that this is a death sentence now. He's not a known commodity other than that he's been shit. And his actual merit is so unknown that the team where he was good (once) couldn't wait to replace him.

Our roster talent is dwindling and we either needed a complete retool or a big time QB to make it work. We got neither.
    He was an undrafted free agent. He exceeded expectations in Houston merely by making the roster... We all know there is downside here - but there is also a chance that we've got a guy who is perennially undervalued by the league.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

He was a back-up because he was a UDFA and played on a bad Houston team...

Diggs and Thielen did not make him, in fact they were considered mid-level talent until this past year when they had Keenum at QB...

We can still retool around the talent we have, but that is up to Elway and the draft...

Gotta look at the bigger picture more and less through the microscope.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I guess I don't get why the meltdowns without seeing what the BRONCOS do in FA, and the draft.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

-- Now we have the flexibility to do whatever we want at #5. We can also see if Chad Kelly offers anything legitimate.
    That will depend on whether the Broncos draft a QB at #5. If they do, then Kelly is almost certainly gone, since they don't need 3 developmental QBs and they still have Paxton Lynch who Elway refuses to give up on.

Alfred Williams keeps insisting "Paxton Lynch is going to be on this roster. Count on it." I sure hope he's wrong! But, he's probably right.

The fans' view of Kelly and the teams' view of Kelly has never been similar. They just don't value him as much.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    He was a back-up because he was a UDFA and played on a bad Houston team...

Diggs and Thielen did not make him, in fact they were considered mid-level talent until this past year when they had Keenum at QB...

We can still retool around the talent we have, but that is up to Elway and the draft...

Gotta look at the bigger picture more and less through the microscope.
    He was a backup because when he was out on the field he played like a backup. And he was a UDFA because, not by accident, that's where his track record and talent put him.

Diggs has been a good WR before, and the two of those guys were making a lot of tough catches that he threw up for them.

It's hard to retool when you spend the bulk of your money on a bad QB.

I'm looking at the big picture when I'm projecting out not just to this draft/offseason, but to next year as well. He's going to be good enough to get us to seven or eight wins. And that puts us out of contention for a real QB without trading up. Which means, if we take a guy this year, he's going to waste time on the bench as we try our best to contend for the second WC. That is the biggest of big pictures, Coach.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Nobody can be sure that Keenum is the player he appeared last season when he threw for 22 Tds and 7 Ints. But, it's more likely that he is that player than the one who sucked under Jeff Fisher.
    He was a backup because when he was out on the field he played like a backup. And he was a UDFA because, not by accident, that's where his track record and talent put him.
    So, he sucked under Jeff Fisher? So did Nick Foles and Jared Goff for that matter. None of them sucked last year. I don't know why Goff is now a franchise QB teams expected him to be, Foles is SB MVP, but Keenum still sucks because he sucked for the Rams under Fisher?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Diggs has been a good WR before, and the two of those guys were making a lot of tough catches that he threw up for them.

It's hard to retool when you spend the bulk of your money on a bad QB.

I'm looking at the big picture when I'm projecting out not just to this draft/offseason, but to next year as well. He's going to be good enough to get us to seven or eight wins. And that puts us out of contention for a real QB without trading up. Which means, if we take a guy this year, he's going to waste time on the bench as we try our best to contend for the second WC. That is the biggest of big pictures, Coach.
    It's all opinion based on no more than the amount of thought and research that you choose to put into it to feed your argument.

It's all opinion based on no more than the amount of thought and research that you choose to put into it to feed your argument.
    Yeah, tell me about my opinion and my research. I'm sorry I'm using the facts that are out there. I've said nothing factually incorrect, and I've been vocal for quite some time about how I didn't want him, and how I didn't believe in him during the run he had. So, again, I've had a consistent opinion on his career. His HC in Minny, the Minny organization, the Texans organization sans Kubiak (who never gave him the job) and the Rams have all passed on him. Did you hear anyone else heavily interested in him? Exactly whom has been pumping him up other Kubiak and a portion of the media? Or, is it all this film that you watch? Because you watch film on an amatuer level, just like the rest of us do/rely on the analysts, and no I'm not just referring to ESPN.

I don't know when you became such an unpleasant person, because I remember loving posting with you. Good grief.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm reserving judgement of this move until after the draft. I haven't really made up my mind yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm reserving judgement of this move until after the draft. I haven't really made up my mind yet.
    That's fair.

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah, tell me about my opinion and my research. I'm sorry I'm using the facts that are out there. I've said nothing factually incorrect, and I've been vocal for quite some time about how I didn't want him, and how I didn't believe in him during the run he had. So, again, I've had a consistent opinion on his career. His HC in Minny, the Minny organization, the Texans organization sans Kubiak (who never gave him the job) and the Rams have all passed on him. Did you hear anyone else heavily interested in him? Exactly whom has been pumping him up other Kubiak and a portion of the media? Or, is it all this film that you watch? Because you watch film on an amatuer level, just like the rest of us do/rely on the analysts, and no I'm not just referring to ESPN.

I don't know when you became such an unpleasant person, because I remember loving posting with you. Good grief.
    All I'm saying is look at the scenarios on a deeper level. Look at why he wasn't just handed a starting job...look at why he didn't always have success when he had opportunities. The answers are so much deeper than simply not being good enough. But your comments seem to just glance over the basics of each scenario.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'm fine to reserve judgment, but my gut tells me that Keenum had a career year last year and it's likely not to be repeated.

Melting down is a fairly extreme position, but on the other hand, so is acting like we fleeced the vikings.

All I'm saying is look at the scenarios on a deeper level. Look at why he wasn't just handed a starting job...look at why he didn't always have success when he had opportunities. The answers are so much deeper than simply not being good enough. But your comments seem to just glance over the basics of each scenario.
    Scenario one - he looked like a system QB coming out of college. He was a UDFA because physically he wasn't impressive and couldn't overcome the system production knock.

He never got a job in Houston, even when he started a chunk of the season due to injuries, because he didn't play well. Was his situation ideal? No. But a 9 to 6 TD INT ratio isn't good. He was awful in LA, and while he had Fisher, and while that situation was bad, he didn't do anything well.

And then, he got to Minny and was the third guy. And as the third guy he was in a great scenario and did okay. He had an okay season in today's game. Dogfish said it best - you're paying a lot of money for an expensive game manager. And that was his ceiling. I'm skeptical of people who can only do well in good situations. The closest he ever was regarding be good, sans last year, was that half season as the starter in Texas. And I did see him play, throughout his entire career. And he's never looked good. There's a certain point where if you're good enough, you can make something happen.

I am aware of his career and his career trajectory. I think everyone is because he's been a huge story for the past season/offseason.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information