Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Adam Gotsis arrested on 2013 rape charge

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    That and the current climate regarding sexual assualt/rape.
    Yep, it's almost a buzzword these days . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I wonder what the statute of limitation is? They might be getting the charge in before the statute expires hoping to get a plea. Just spit-balling. Outside of that, 5 years before anyone even has a whiff of this seems strange.
    I heard 7 years in Georgia.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

$10 says nothing comes of this and we can all go back to believing conspiracy theories.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Without hard evidence it will be very hard to prove anything. Even if she told her friends that night.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Without hard evidence it will be very hard to prove anything. Even if she told her friends that night.
    She would definitely would have to have done a rape test, thingy, and if that’s the case this would’ve come out 5 years ago.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    She would definitely would have to have done a rape test, thingy, and if that’s the case this would’ve come out 5 years ago.
    I believe in some states they will take a rape kit, but won't try it over to the police unless the victim tells them to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I believe in some states they will take a rape kit, but won't try it over to the police unless the victim tells them to.
    She’s gonna need it to be taken seriously, even then.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Naw, don’t hold back, forum rules only apply to some.
    I'll play your stupid game. Which post in this thread, prior to post #24, violated the forum rules and which rule(s) specifically did it violate?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'll play your stupid game. Which post in this thread, prior to post #24, violated the forum rules and which rule(s) specifically did it violate?
    What? Krugan wanted to put my on blast, I said have at it because rules are more like guidelines. Never said any of this threads posts violate anything but poor taste.

By the way, what rule did I break?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Easy boys. Let's just all agree that TS is a horrible QB and go about our business.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

TS ~ Tyrod Taylor.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

What? Krugan wanted to put my on blast, I said have at it because rules are more like guidelines. Never said any of this threads posts violate anything but poor taste.

By the way, what rule did I break?
    None that I've noticed but you seem to be calling out unfair moderation so I was attempting to call your bluff

Guys, I'm not a mod. And I don't mean to be rude. Nor do I have much room to speak because I've been banned a lot. But to speak generally - this subject matter is distressing enough. Either Gotsis did something horrible, or this woman is lying. If Gotsis is guilty, there's a good chance that he might not be found guilty because women are often scared to come forward about sexual assault, and it's hard to prove rape. The flip side is that there are liars out there. Brian Banks was a promising prospect and a great human being before he pled guilty to rape after getting railroaded. He was exonerated, and his innocence is beyond doubt. With that being said, there's nothing good right now.

So, as someone who gets goofy in threads, and makes off-color jokes in threads a lot, this is one where I don't think that we should. This subject matter impacts us all negatively because we all have known someone (broadly speaking) accused falsely of something, and we've all known an abused person, most likely a woman. So, not as a faux-mod, and not as Von Kinger, but as Mike the guy going to law school to deal with some of this stuff, let's just use this thread as a time to be good to one another.

There are better places to fight over petty stuff. And I say that, again, as someone who is so guilty of that that I can't miss it. I'm trying to be the good hypocrite (the smoker who tells kids not to smoke) and not the kind that's the 'do as I say and not as I do'.

If I am out of line I apologize.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    None that I've noticed but you seem to be calling out unfair moderation so I was attempting to call your bluff
    Calling out moderation in public. Off topic.
    9. Moderators decision's are NOT to be questioned or ignored within the forum or threads where the action took place. If a moderator deletes a post or thread, do not start another one with the same topic, or create a post/thread asking why “xxxx” was deleted.

Do not disregard a moderator's directive within a thread, and do not post mocking or sarcastic responses to a moderator directive.

If you have a question or concern about a specific moderator decision, you can send a PM to another mod or admin (Tned) and discuss it privately.

If you are concerned with how the site is being run or moderated, it is acceptable, and encouraged, to create a thread in the Town Hall forum and discuss the subject in 'general' and whether a change to the rules or the enforcement/interpretation of the rules needs to be considered. However, any Town Hall thread of this type should be an honest discussion about the rules, interpretation and enforcement of the rules. Do not use Town Hall threads as a means to create a backhanded or thinly veiled attack on a moderator action or protest of a moderator action.

10. Stay on topic. While moderators will allow threads to wander a bit in the natural course of the discussion, posts that are clearly off topic or are meant to intentionally derail or spam a thread will be removed.

Following a fellow poster around an hounding or spamming threads that they post in will not be tolerated.

Threads in the Lounge and Chit chat will be given more leeway when it comes to off topic or wandering posts, while there will be little leeway given in the politics, religion, football and Town Hall forums.
    Last edited by GEM; 03-12-2018 at 08:48 PM.

18. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Well . . . now that we have that out of the way . . .

Let's hope Adam Gotsis is not guilty of this, not only for the team, but for him as a person.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information