Poll: Which TE should we sign?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Tight End do we want in Free Agency?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    I would be surprised to see John pay for a TE - it's not really his style. Still think we're using the draft - AGAIN - while hoping to get a useful weapon, and taking the Penn ST TE Gesicki as the new Orange Julius. Dark horse on Goedert, but I would be very surprised if the Broncos don't come out of this draft with the "Big WR" type of TE, and they got a good look at Gesicki at the Senior Bowl.

Gesicki and Butt together could be nice security for any QB in the passing game. Wouldn't mind trading for a tackle, drafting a guard, and adding a TE as inline talent. Butt is the blocker who can catch in that scenario while either Gesicki or Goedert are the bigger mismatches against LBs and safeties, but it would provide options. Options are nice - if the QB has time to get around to examining them.
    The question ain't "Which TE should we draft?"

I suspect we will draft one as well - but I believe Renck has some inside track when he says we are prioritizing TE and nickel back (in addition to QB) in free agency... It also fits with Elway's philosophy of filling any huge holes in free agency so that you aren't forced into a draft pick.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Yeah... but John hasn't always filled those holes WELL. So if you're asking me which way-past-his-prime FA I think he's gonna pluck off the scrap heap so he doesn't have to draft someone good, I guess I'll go with 38 year old Ben Watson.

But he still better draft a good one.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

I like Graham in the sense that his blocking did get better, he shouldn't cost a ton, and he's a big target that can still jump. He's never getting 12 TDs in a season again. He's never going to be a guy that puts up WR numbers again, either. But, we suck at drafting TEs, and it would make sense to just sign a guy who shows that he can still play at a level higher than 'meh' at that position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I doubt they go TE in the draft except for 4th round or later.

They drafted Butt for that role and knew he would probably red shirt the first year.

Could be they get a good vet to pair with him until he proves to be the man but I don't see them spending a high pick on one.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    I would be surprised to see John pay for a TE - it's not really his style. Still think we're using the draft - AGAIN - while hoping to get a useful weapon, and taking the Penn ST TE Gesicki as the new Orange Julius. Dark horse on Goedert, but I would be very surprised if the Broncos don't come out of this draft with the "Big WR" type of TE, and they got a good look at Gesicki at the Senior Bowl.

Gesicki and Butt together could be nice security for any QB in the passing game. Wouldn't mind trading for a tackle, drafting a guard, and adding a TE as inline talent. Butt is the blocker who can catch in that scenario while either Gesicki or Goedert are the bigger mismatches against LBs and safeties, but it would provide options. Options are nice - if the QB has time to get around to examining them.
    Maybe the vet on the cheap as well as drafting a project like Ian Thomas is the answer. Personally, I think that kid can be a stud.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, uh, we're not doing the puns anymore.
    This post makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    This post makes me sad.
    Buff doesn't have pun jurisdiction!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I doubt they go TE in the draft except for 4th round or later.

They drafted Butt for that role and knew he would probably red shirt the first year.

Could be they get a good vet to pair with him until he proves to be the man but I don't see them spending a high pick on one.
    The Bucs just signed Cam Brate to a 6 year $40 million extension the year after taking a 1st rd TE.

It would be great to finally have some depth and talent at the position.

Oh I wouldn't be surprised to see them pay up for a good FA TE, I just don't expect a high draft pick for 1 until they know what Butt is considering he was supposedly a 1st round talent.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Eric Ebron is now available. He might be worth a look see on a team friendly contract. He has the talent, and definitely needed a change of scenery.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

The Bucs just signed Cam Brate to a 6 year $40 million extension the year after taking a 1st rd TE.

It would be great to finally have some depth and talent at the position.
    i would be happy just to have one good one, let alone depth and talent. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Who is the best blocker?

We had Green. I think they're looking for a receiver . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Orange Julious!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
    Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Orange Julious!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
    Mo
    I hate blocking tight ends.

Hate.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I hate blocking tight ends.

Hate.
    They're worthless.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information