Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If We Sign Cousins....

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Good enough for the #5 overall pick? If offered would you trade it for either of them? Yeah, me neither. They just don’t impact the game enough. You can scheme your interior Oline to perform with double teams and combo blocks. OTs are left on an island. G/C, not so much.
    Well...Scherff was a #5 overall pick. When you have a RT playing LT and a tackling dummy playing RT, your QB has to be able to step up into the pocket. Something our QB's havent been able to do the last few years. Imagine having an All-Pro at an interior position to help with that and then maybe improving your OT situation through FA. Trust me...that has a significant impact on the game.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Well...Scherff was a #5 overall pick. When you have a RT playing LT and a tackling dummy playing RT, your QB has to be able to step up into the pocket. Something our QB's havent been able to do the last few years. Imagine having an All-Pro at an interior position to help with that and then maybe improving your OT situation through FA. Trust me...that has a significant impact on the game.
    I don't think it is significant when your QB can't get it done. The great Oakland line meant little when Carr went out. And the Cowboys line being great doesn't help much when Dak struggles, or has to win a game on his back. The Titans have a wonderful line, and it doesn't mean much with Mariota because, let's face it, he's not panned out as much of a passer. But, we've seen good and great QB's make an offensive line look much better than it its. That's the real appeal of signing a good veteran QB on this team, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

This + better running game and ability to pick up a 3rd and 1 running behind that bulldozer.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    This + better running game and ability to pick up a 3rd and 1 running behind that bulldozer.
    And with this defense we can be...the Ravens from the last three years.

Taking an all-world guard would be awesome if the defense was on the rise and not on the decline.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I believe you, but let’s not deal in extremes, either. Max Garcia should not be a starting Guard in this league. If we had even a competent one on the other side of Leary (who should be the LG anyway) we’d be fine there. Replacing Max Garcia shouldn’t require spending the #5 overall pick. Plenty of interior Oline men we could get later in the draft would be a vast improvement (or McGovern without spending a draft pick) over Garcia.

We need a Tackle much more than a Guard. There isn’t a Tackle at #5, so get another impact player (fix our pass rush -give Von Some help) or trade back.

This is all moot if we don’t get Cousins of course.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

1. draft that monster quentin nelson
    2. ???
    3. profit!!

Adopted Bronco:

you guys actually wanna be able to run the football, or are we cool just talking about it?

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you guys actually wanna be able to run the football, or are we cool just talking about it?
    Nothing on offense matters without a QB. You start there, then you worry about the rest of the offense. Between the Raiders, Cowboys, and Titans, how many awesome OL are there and how many playoff games are they racking up?

With all due respect to this prospect that everyone's jizzing themselves over, a few years ago they were saying the exact same thing about how Cooper was the best guard prospect ever. I have no issue with taking a guard at five. But taking a guard at five over a legitimate first round QB, assuming we DO NOT have Cousins is not just stupid, it's unconscionable.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Nothing on offense matters without a QB. You start there, then you worry about the rest of the offense. Between the Raiders, Cowboys, and Titans, how many awesome OL are there and how many playoff games are they racking up?

With all due respect to this prospect that everyone's jizzing themselves over, a few years ago they were saying the exact same thing about how Cooper was the best guard prospect ever. I have no issue with taking a guard at five. But taking a guard at five over a legitimate first round QB, assuming we DO NOT have Cousins is not just stupid, it's unconscionable.
    I think the whole point is assuming we have Cousins, what do we do with #5.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I think the whole point is assuming we have Cousins, what do we do with #5.
    kinger don't read so good, apparently. . .

kinger don't read so good, apparently. . .
    Kinger reads ever so good. Kinger was making an overarching point. Kinger sad with you.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Kinger reads ever so good. Kinger was making an overarching point. Kinger sad with you.
    don't you disrespect warhorse's thread!

don't you disrespect warhorse's thread!
    If we sign Cousins we can take someone at five who isn't a QB, and that person can be a guard. If it's a guard, the board will celebrate with joy about said guard.

Signing Cousins in that regard would be dope.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Just heard on local radio that the bidding for cousins is now down to the Vikings and jets apparently the Broncos and Cardinals are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Just heard on local radio that the bidding for cousins is now down to the Vikings and jets apparently the Broncos and Cardinals are out.
    Woof.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information