Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If We Sign Cousins....

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default If We Sign Cousins....

If we're the ones that end up signing Cousins, what are some scenarios you want to see at the top of the draft?

If we trade up...who for?

If we stay put.....who for?

If we move down.....how far and who for?

If we move up, the only guy I see worth it is Barkley.....but I don't want to give up the house so that probably does not take place. If we can get him for a second and a third.....ok, I won't throw a fit on that but that would be the extent.

If we stay put, Id say it would have to be for Chubbs or Tremaine. Tremaine to me is the answer to New England. He would cover Gronk no problem. He would make the pass rush tilt to MAX PAY. We are missing Demarcus Ware. Put Tremaine at OLB and not only do you get to rest Von sometimes, you have the ability to pin back the ears with Von, Shane, Walker, Tremaine and Wolfe bearing down on the QB. He can cover, he's huge, he's a stud rusher, he drops the QB, he's fast and he makes plays. He tackles.

If we move down a little it would be for Tremaine, Nelson or Vita Vea.

If we move way down Id like to do it with Buffalo and with reason. Id ask for picks 21, 22 and a second next year. Then I would trade either 21 or 22 for more picks next year. Possibly use picks this year to move back up a little if need.
    We would have two firsts, high second, high third, another third, two high fourths and four other picks.
    We cant put this many players on the field. I think we should begin to stockpile picks like the 76ers and Celtics. No NFL team does this.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

That’s a long way to drop, if that’s the case there’s a QB that Buffalo wants that’s still on the board ... which means the price would start with what Houston/KC gave up last season.

I’d insist on LT Cordy Glenn be included, then do everything I can to move back up for Nelson if he gets out of Top 10.

You’re no longer getting an elite prospect, otherwise, which is what Denver needs. Maybe you could move down a little at a time and still get Nelson at a spot most people are more comfortable taking a G, accumulating picks.

The biggest problem I see with accumulating picks is how good Denver is at wasting 2nd and 3rd round picks.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

By the way, Cleveland is literally doing this ... stockpiling picks.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

If the Broncos sign cousins, then the number 2 priority, which arguably is 1b, is to get a right tackle and quality guard. Cousins didn't fair well under pressure, and the Broncos still have two glaring holes in the line.

So, that probably means using the 5th pick on the guard, and then either getting an RT in FA (probably can't afford the Miami RT and Cousins) or in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The Broncos can be competitive and in the playoff/championship race next year even if they fail to upgrade every single position, EXCEPT for the three glaring holes: QB, LG and RT.

6. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

I can see that. I just feel at 5 we need to take best player available. Perhaps that would be Nelson, but the last couple of 'sure' guard prospects that got taken high were nothing of note. If Nelson can push Suh and the like around like guys in college, by all means come aboard.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We have a RT on the roster, we drafted him last year, what we need is a legit LT.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If we sign cousins you stand pat and sign BPA which could be OL or a guy like Barkley.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If we sign cousins you stand pat and sign BPA which could be OL or a guy like Barkley.
    with the Browns picking 2x before us do you really think he will be there at 5? No way they are that dumb.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    with the Browns picking 2x before us do you really think he will be there at 5? No way they are that dumb.
    0-16, DB, oh and sixteen.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

If we get Cousins, give me the hall of fame guard at 5.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/st...20275328372736
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-05-2018 at 01:17 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    By the way, Cleveland is literally doing this ... stockpiling picks.
    Yeah....but losing doing it. Tanking. Maybe they picked coach for a reason. Maybe theres a reason they dont sign a good QB.....that way they keep getting the number one pick.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

17. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If we get Cousins, give me the hall of fame guard at 5.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/st...20275328372736
    Yep, that's who I think they need to get if they sign Cousins, and then still need an RT. They can't continue to let pass rushers go by the RT like he's a tackling dummy. That's a sure way to break your new $30+ million a year toy.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

It depends on who goes where before we pick. If we get Cousins and Chubb is still there (NYG goes QB and Indy goes Barkley, I say we take Chubb. If Chubb is gone, we may take Nelson but I think a trade back is a better option.

Honestly, in the past decade or so, name a Guard drafted high in the first that made the most impact? Mike Iupati? How much impact did he make really? He was a big name so he was a perennial pro bowler, but how much real impact did he have on winning or losing games? Anybody game planning for him? Anybody building a team to beat him, stop him, or avoid him? Of course not. That’s why I don’t think you can take a Guard at 5. Honestly, if we don’t take him at 5 and Tampa passes on him, he’ll likely fall into the 20’s.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    It depends on who goes where before we pick. If we get Cousins and Chubb is still there (NYG goes QB and Indy goes Barkley, I say we take Chubb. If Chubb is gone, we may take Nelson but I think a trade back is a better option.

Honestly, in the past decade or so, name a Guard drafted high in the first that made the most impact? Mike Iupati? How much impact did he make really? He was a big name so he was a perennial pro bowler, but how much real impact did he have on winning or losing games? Anybody game planning for him? Anybody building a team to beat him, stop him, or avoid him? Of course not. That’s why I don’t think you can take a Guard at 5. Honestly, if we don’t take him at 5 and Tampa passes on him, he’ll likely fall into the 20’s.
    Brandon Sherff and Zack Martin have been pretty damn good.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Brandon Sherff and Zack Martin have been pretty damn good.
    Good enough for the #5 overall pick? If offered would you trade it for either of them? Yeah, me neither. They just don’t impact the game enough. You can scheme your interior Oline to perform with double teams and combo blocks. OTs are left on an island. G/C, not so much.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information