Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Josh Rosen

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I think with any of these rookies, you can't tell much until about 3 years in. Everybody thought Kaepernick was going to be something after his first year, but people got film on him and he had a coaching change and that was that. Elway and Manning looked like shit their first year, but really started blowing up their second year. Reserve judgement until year three.

My prediction is that Mayfield is a quality starter for years, one of the other 4 drafted in the first round is as well (don't know which one), one of the other 4 has a career shortened by injury, one of the other 4 is a career back-up, and the last of the 4 is a bust.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I think with any of these rookies, you can't tell much until about 3 years in. Everybody thought Kaepernick was going to be something after his first year, but people got film on him and he had a coaching change and that was that. Elway and Manning looked like shit their first year, but really started blowing up their second year. Reserve judgement until year three.

My prediction is that Mayfield is a quality starter for years, one of the other 4 drafted in the first round is as well (don't know which one), one of the other 4 has a career shortened by injury, one of the other 4 is a career back-up, and the last of the 4 is a bust.
    I agree fully with the first paragraph.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I agree fully with the first paragraph.
    Odds are in BDB's favor...

Why do you hate Mayfield so much?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Odds are in BDB's favor...

Why do you hate Mayfield so much?
    I just disagree with people that he’s going to be really good for a really long time. And I wouldn’t have taken him with a top 10 pick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Rosen has zero passion for the game and it shows. So glad we didn't pick him.....
    Fwiw he was shown on camera throwing his helmet after he threw a Pick 6, looked pretty passionate.

If you’re looking for a Tebow-type cheerleader I’ll pass on that, it’s corny bullshit that doesn’t fly in the NFL.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Passion doesn't necessarily reflect a physical reaction. You can just "tell" when someone has it.
    How many Rosen games have you watched?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You know who's passionate? Aaron Rodgers. Physically demonstrative? Not often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I would take him in a New York minute and be happy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Fwiw he was shown on camera throwing his helmet after he threw a Pick 6, looked pretty passionate.

If you’re looking for a Tebow-type cheerleader I’ll pass on that, it’s corny bullshit that doesn’t fly in the NFL.
    No I'm looking for Baker Mayfield passion, which Josh Allen seems to have as well. Rosen and Darnold do not. I wanted nothing to do with Josh Allen, but he has surprised me so far with his commitment to playing hard for a crap team with no surrounding talent, I think he will be solid for buffalo going forward. Rosen has offensive talent and cant get the ball to them, Darnold as well. Both of them I don't think will have long careers as starters in this league. Well maybe Blake Bortles skills but that's about it. Its early so there is a chance a bob Cooter type OC could come in and change their game, but I just don't buy it. Lamar Jackson has also surprised me, but teams are going to figure out his ground game soon and he is going to have develop this off-season as a passer to stick or he is also going to end up like RG3.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 12-19-2018 at 02:43 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    No I'm looking for Baker Mayfield passion, which Josh Allen seems to have as well. Rosen and Darnold do not. I wanted nothing to do with Josh Allen, but he has surprised me so far with his commitment to playing hard for a crap team with no surrounding talent, I think he will be solid for buffalo going forward. Rosen has offensive talent and cant get the ball to them, Darnold as well. Both of them I don't think will have long careers as starters in this league. Well maybe Blake Bortles skills but that's about it. Its early so there is a chance a bob Cooter type OC could come in and change their game, but I just don't buy it. Lamar Jackson has also surprised me, but teams are going to figure out his ground game soon and he is going to have develop this off-season as a passer to stick or he is also going to end up like RG3.
    You’re not paying any attention to Rosen and Darnold, don’t box score scout.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Darnold's out there playing his heart out on a shit team. Man, we are so narrative driven for what we want.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Darnold's out there playing his heart out on a shit team. Man, we are so narrative driven for what we want.
    You can watch one game and see why they drafted Darnold so high.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

You can watch one game and see why they drafted Darnold so high.
    His ability to stand in the pocket, take abuse, and throw a 50 yard bomb on a rope with high accuracy?

Yeah, he's a mighty fine prospect.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I’d love to have Darnold.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

You’re not paying any attention to Rosen and Darnold, don’t box score scout.
    Actually I am. Rosen has poor attitude and a poor ability to read defenses. His skill being touted was accuracy coming out of college, but he always had a knock regarding his attitude. I watched 3 Rosen games and saw the same thing each time. He cant play football very well at all right now, his pocket awareness is shite. This isn't box score reading its simply watching him play. Darnold has had a couple good games, so he has a chance at succeeding, cause he does have a better attitude then rosen, but watching a guy throw a long ball here or there does not a legit Qb make. I said from Day 1 long before the draft that Mayfield would be the best QB, Allen had a top notch skill set but was super raw, and I wouldn't want to select him at 5, and Lamar Jackson was going to surprise people. Before the draft I was against both Darnold and Rosen. I see nothing at all this season to change my mind on that. The fact that Darnold has a NFL skill set and can make some throws does nothing to mean he is the Qb of the future. I will concede for Darnold he has a much better chance than rosen, because of his attitude and work ethic. In fact I'm more willing to admit I was wrong on Allen, as that dude as raw is he is has shown he can play and lead in this league. Rosen and Darnold still have a long way to go and I'm glad we don't have Rosen anywhere near this team.

I will also in closing concede that while I'm not sold on Darnold he has shown flashes, and that's better than anything we currently have in Denver at Qb, which is sad. However as of today ain't a chance in hell I'm trading Chubb for Darnold or Rosen. In fact I like Grier, Lock, Thorson and Haskins in this draft more then Rosen, and they all have their issues as well. Rosen is a tool bag, 2 years from now Arizona will still need a QB, just like we did after the Paxton debacle....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information