Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Trevorrow fired from Star Wars: Episode IX due to disagreements over The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    sounds like they will do anything to turn Star wars into Social Justice Wars.
    That was a complaint about the original movies. I know that it's scary for you when everything is represented by straight white guys, but FFS this is perfect capitalism: people want something more than just straight white people on the screen, and they will pay to see it. You, and everyone else, should probably feel a little dirty about that, but hey, it makes money.

Why do you hate the free market, Shane?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    That just means he would hit anything for some loving, I fully expect that of the character. Men, women, droids, aliens... just like Captain Kirk!
    ]
    I missed the episode where the good captain banged a gaylien.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That was a complaint about the original movies. I know that it's scary for you when everything is represented by straight white guys, but FFS this is perfect capitalism: people want something more than just straight white people on the screen, and they will pay to see it. You, and everyone else, should probably feel a little dirty about that, but hey, it makes money.

Why do you hate the free market, Shane?
    kathleen kennedy and disney are not the free market. They are a SJWS wet dream.

The free market rewards their choices.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I missed the episode where the good captain banged a gaylien.
    You think "Bones" is just a nickname? Seriously though, Star Trek was a pioneer of changing and challenging sexuality taboos. The kiss between Kirk and Uhura was the FIRST interracial kiss on TV and back then people had a problem with that, too. Hell some people still do. Star Trek was all about that kind of thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Vote with your wallet. Don't see the movie and don't even pirate it. If Solo bombs they will adjust the Star Wars flicks moving forward. I'm seeing it because I give all movies a chance, especially Star Wars. I am fully prepared to bitch about it, but only AFTER I see it.

SJW shell out the big bucks and pay to see diversity.

And let’s be honest, straight white people...space....straight white people...space...why are there so many straight white people in space? It’s just not logical. But people want to see themselves on the screen and SF shows us that it cuts both ways.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

or you know, you could just hire the best actors and actresses instead of using diversity quotas so you can sell more ads in China.

You mean you don’t want a company to look out for it’s bottem line? Welcome to the business world - where everything is a commodity. It just so happens that all-white everything and all-straight everyone isn’t where the moneys at. Don’t worry though - it’ll barely be on screen and all those SJWs that you hate will be upset.

The irony is that a lot of these shows and movies and comics were progressive in nature. But because you look at the world through your lens you didn’t notice it. You lost this war on all fronts. The progressive invasion of your media was never an invasion, and you just cannot stand it. Muahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    You think "Bones" is just a nickname? Seriously though, Star Trek was a pioneer of changing and challenging sexuality taboos. The kiss between Kirk and Uhura was the FIRST interracial kiss on TV and back then people had a problem with that, too. Hell some people still do. Star Trek was all about that kind of thing.
    Uhura is a female. Race is not equal to sexuality. There is no valid comparison of the civil rights era to the gay rights era, not in content, scale, violence, murder or science. Any comparison is an outright slap in the face to people of color.

It’s not a suffering Olympics and you can find plenty of oppression regarding the LGBTQ community.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Can we please get this thread back to the topic of how embarrassingly bad The Last Jedi was? It had nothing to do with the social justice wars or whatever the ****, it was just simply a shit movie with god awful putrid scenes that made me feel bad to watch. The Leia Poppins scene was the most cringe-worthy thing I had seen in a movie since Luke milked a sea creature, and shamefully both of those scenes happened in the same ridiculous movie. It was really bad.

The Last Jedi was the embodiment of all the fears I had when Disney bought the franchise. It was shockingly bad.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

The SJW complaint is not an insignificant one. I think it deserves a vigorous debate!

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It’s not a suffering Olympics and you can find plenty of oppression regarding the LGBTQ community.
    Please honestly tell me you don’t think that the Black struggle is even in the same universe as the LGBT struggle. Even a casual glance at the last 100 years of history would provide staggering evidence that there can be no intellectually honest comparison.

Again, it’s not weighing one plight against the other. And the conversation is actually validating the diversity inclusions in the content.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information