Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Trevorrow fired from Star Wars: Episode IX due to disagreements over The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    There is no place for me as a SW fan. I must leave you now, and watch Battlestar Galatica.
    I prefer to stick to better sci fi shows with deep plots and exceptional character development, shows like Buck Rogers.

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I prefer to stick to better sci fi shows with deep plots and exceptional character development, shows like Buck Rogers.
    Why are you soOooooOo stuuuUuuuuUUuUUpid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

so Solo is falling hard at Box office. looks like trashing all those older SW fans didnt work out so well.

Most people i have talked to, said they refuse to see it. As a referendum on the TLJ. They are done with the franchise.

Which is what i thought what would happen, when you spit in your fanbases face, call them sexist, racist, etc. Just because they dont believe what you believe politically.

Disney really screwed up.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 05-29-2018 at 03:12 PM.

You live in a crazy world, man.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It was a poor attempt at recreating the pod racing. I'll agree it was an unnecessary scene. But I could care less about that, I'm more interested in whether Benicio Del Toro's character was a waste of space and an attempt to get in a famous actor solely for the sake of having his name attached, or whether or not he becomes a central figure to the overall story arc in the third movie. His character also could, if they do it right, make for an awesome standalone which I'm sure you'll find a reason to hate.
    That one really pissed me off. I truly got excited when I saw that he was going to be in it as I adore Benicio. Then to get what he was...******* stuttering blah ******* blah! Disappointed.

Solo was friggen awesome! Absolutely loved it. It took all the awesome about Han Solo and made it even more awesome. Seriously old fan bois need to get a grip.

The pansexual thing was like 3 min of the whole 2.25 hour movie. And it wasn't him making goo goo eyes at Han or screwing a droid. FFS people are so damn dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Solo was friggen awesome! Absolutely loved it. It took all the awesome about Han Solo and made it even more awesome. Seriously old fan bois need to get a grip.

The pansexual thing was like 3 min of the whole 2.25 hour movie. And it wasn't him making goo goo eyes at Han or screwing a droid. FFS people are so damn dramatic.
    The inclusion of anything other than straight white men and women sans one or two characters is apparently telling SW fans that they're bigots.

Or something.

It couldn't be that there's been a steady stream of SW movies.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The inclusion of anything other than straight white men and women sans one or two characters is apparently telling SW fans that they're bigots.

Or something.

It couldn't be that there's been a steady stream of SW movies.
    Yes, heaven forbid they have Holdo, a female, put the poor pilot in his place for being over the top and going with first impulse instead of letting her lead which is what she was put in charge of. Yes...that just has to be feminism, that has to be tptb emasculating a man.

On the other hand it's perfectly ok to strut Carrie Fisher around in a metal bikini for hours at a time with her entire side body showing, of which Fischer said was excruciatingly uncomfortable due to the metal. Then put her in the movie on a leash as nothing more than the sexual slave to Jabba and the men in the club watching her.

Yes, heaven forbid. How can you be upset about the first without having been upset about the other.....oh, because she was soooooo hot

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Or it could have been when the head of lucasfilm said she doesnt want me as a fan.

Thanks for sparing me.

I am just a "Fly boy" like poe dameron.

Keep spinning the wheels tho, as half the fanbase rejects the franchise.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

People go to films to have fun and be entertained.

not to be lectured

Man, you are soft. But no, you're not a fly boy because you're not a reckless pilot who doesn't understand logistics, strategy, and act impulsively...mostly because you're not that cool.

The last several films have made buckets of money and sold tons of merchandise.

So yeah, you can pretend that half the fan base is rejecting the movie - I'll take the bet that Disney continues to earn a lot of money. This isn't the Star Wars fan Tea Party movement, SF. But pretending you're being victimized and then romanticizing some phantom menace (Boy, I'm good) at Disney is being combated is probably fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    People go to films to have fun and be entertained.

not to be lectured
    You live in a fake world where inclusion is some kind of rejection of you. Dudes who **** people who aren't just dudes, and a cautious acting military leader who rejects impulsiveness isn't lecturing you.

Grow as a person.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i am just not dumb enough to shell out 30 bucks to take a Social Justice class for 2 hrs.

Sorry

When you see enemies everywhere, it's more than your eyes that are at issue, sir.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

As 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Flops, Are Movies About White Men Box Office Poison?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#4025730f5d49

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information