Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Trevorrow fired from Star Wars: Episode IX due to disagreements over The Last Jedi

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im not even a big SW geek but as Shakey kind of stated i like what i like. The first 3 SW movies were fun to me, movies 4-6 were ok and not as bad to me as other people think but 7 and 8 so far are terrible to me for a multitude of reasons that really have nothing to do with the other films. While im sure for a portion of fans there is that sense of elitism but i know that isnt where i am coming from because when it comes to movies i am pretty open minded and have seen quite a few stinkers as well as some hidden Gems. There are some people on this board who think that a lot of the Marvel movies are garbage which of course i think is ridiculous, but its simply a matter of taste.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

North, you are most definitely not in the 'class' or 'group' of people that I am referencing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im not even a big SW geek but as Shakey kind of stated i like what i like. The first 3 SW movies were fun to me, movies 4-6 were ok and not as bad to me as other people think but 7 and 8 so far are terrible to me for a multitude of reasons that really have nothing to do with the other films. While im sure for a portion of fans there is that sense of elitism but i know that isnt where i am coming from because when it comes to movies i am pretty open minded and have seen quite a few stinkers as well as some hidden Gems. There are some people on this board who think that a lot of the Marvel movies are garbage which of course i think is ridiculous, but its simply a matter of taste.
    Marvel is really strange to me. There are some movies I don’t care for from them but taken as a whole what they are doing is incredible.

6. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Long story short,
    I'm not sure you know the meaning of this...

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm not sure you know the meaning of this...

Hey! Lots of people go on for a few paragraphs after saying that!

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

My bucket list now includes watching the original three SW films with Mastershake!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

It's a wonderful film.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...nts-last-jedi/

“There were two key things Trevorrow wanted to be changed – and they were not minor”, claims the rumour. “These two things have been known for a while around Disney. Firstly, he wanted Luke to still be alive in 9. He strongly disagreed with killing Luke off in 8 when he had just been re-introduced. Luke and Leia were to be a pivotal part of his script, with Leia’s Force affinity revealed in a much more brother/sister way that was apparently going to be ‘beautiful and tragic’. Mark Hamill loved it. ‘We were on the same page,’ as he’s said about Trevorrow’s storyline. However, Kennedy and Johnson wanted Luke dead – period. Second, he wanted Snoke to live, as his back story was to be more discussed. Fisher dying scuttled his original plan for the Leia Force affinity reveal, of course. But he still needed Luke alive for the story he wanted to tell to end the trilogy – more of a Luke handing off the baton to Rey and a Luke ‘walking off into the sunset’ idea, in the last film – rather than Luke dying in 8. They refused. He argued. They fired him.”

Hard to argue against Colin Trevorrow on this one. Killing Luke off was about the dumbest thing they could of done. I feel like the majority of fans would of loved to see how much of a badass that he had become. Instead we got hot garbage.

Sorry to be a debbie downer but I wasn't happy with the movie. Still got love for Star War and I'm thrilled that Disney is cranking them out each year but ....damn...I hope 9 is going to be way better than the first 2.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Hard to argue against Colin Trevorrow on this one. Killing Luke off was about the dumbest thing they could of done. I feel like the majority of fans would of loved to see how much of a badass that he had become. Instead we got hot garbage.

Sorry to be a debbie downer but I wasn't happy with the movie. Still got love for Star War and I'm thrilled that Disney is cranking them out each year but ....damn...I hope 9 is going to be way better than the first 2.
    They're trying to tell a New Star Wars movie. For new characters for a new generation of fans. You watched a man fallen apart reassemble himself for a final run and regain hope. He had a great arch.

SWtLJ is the best SW movie by far.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

trying and failing

Yeah sorry King...we have to disagree on this one. It was a failed attempt from Disney. Luke shouldn't of even been in the movies then. He is one of the most powerful Jedis ever and they made him look weak and pathetic.

Don't get me started on that Asian chick....her character was so lame.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Yeah sorry King...we have to disagree on this one. It was a failed attempt from Disney. Luke shouldn't of even been in the movies then. He is one of the most powerful Jedis ever and they made him look weak and pathetic.

Don't get me started on that Asian chick....her character was so lame.
    He was a broken down old man who failed at the next chapter in his life. That's an interesting story to me. If he wasn't in the movies, then people bitch. If he's super prominent in the movies and goes ham, then people bitch. When Mo said "different, not better," he was onto something. And weak and pathetic Jedi isn't anything new, either. Vader was on life support and got handled by his newbie son and an ancient as Sith. And Kenobi got killed by Vader.

The Jedi are powerful and very flawed. They're interesting because of that - not because they're the universal equivalent of Superman.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Jedi was terrible, so much so i couldnt even get all the way through the movie. That says something to me and it doesnt even matter that Luke died. Lol

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Disney has wrecked Star Wars just as i knew they would and destroyed something that was beloved to me. Im so done.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information