Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Leary needs to be back at left guard

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default Ron Leary needs to be back at left guard

I will agree with you on all of that. I'll also say that this draft is a polar opposite when it comes to offensive line Talent. You've got a generational talent in Nelson at guard and a ton of first-round gradable Talent at the tackle position. Plus the next two players at guard have the potential to be pro bowlers. this is the one thing that would make it appealing to me to trade back with Buffalo and potentially pick up one of the top two or three tackles and a Hernandez or Isaiah Wynn

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Nelson and Hernandez play LG, let’s hope they have two rookie starters on the OL and you land someone like Crosby to play RT ... do you want two rookies on the right side? Both of them playing a new position? Or would you rather split them up for their rookie season? Do you want another rookie starting at LT?

Crosby, McGlinchey and Brown should be RT’s.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Nelson and Hernandez play LG, let’s hope they have two rookie starters on the OL and you land someone like Crosby to play RT ... do you want two rookies on the right side? Both of them playing a new position? Or would you rather split them up for their rookie season? Do you want another rookie starting at LT?

i get your point there

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I still don’t think we’re in dire straights for a Guard. McGovern played well at RG in Leary’s absence last year. Garcia is trash but moving Leary back to LG and McGovern to RG while drafting or looking to FA to fix RT should fix a lot of interior problems. Elway has already said we’re keeping Watson (God help us) and maybe he could be a Guard prospect if we get a RT and move McGovern to C if Paradis leaves.

Nelson is a beast, but not at 5, that’s just too much for a Guard, even a perennial all pro. They just don’t make enough impact on a regular basis to go that high.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

5. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I still don’t think we’re in dire straights for a Guard. McGovern played well at RG in Leary’s absence last year. Garcia is trash but moving Leary back to LG and McGovern to RG while drafting or looking to FA to fix RT should fix a lot of interior problems. Elway has already said we’re keeping Watson (God help us) and maybe he could be a Guard prospect if we get a RT and move McGovern to C if Paradis leaves.

Nelson is a beast, but not at 5, that’s just too much for a Guard, even a perennial all pro. They just don’t make enough impact on a regular basis to go that high.
    I would love to have Nelson, to the point where I have to be careful not to drool on my keyboard.
    But when I look at all the quality available, I kind of back off him a little. For instance, Hernandez
    will be available a little later, maybe in the 2nd round, and he is a stud. Back to the 1st round,
    can you imagine Von, Ray, and Chubb all rushing the passer at the same time? Or what if
    Saquon is still available? I feel like a starving kid in an ice cream shop.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I will agree with you on all of that. I'll also say that this draft is a polar opposite when it comes to offensive line Talent. You've got a generational talent in Nelson at guard and a ton of first-round gradable Talent at the tackle position. Plus the next two players at guard have the potential to be pro bowlers. this is the one thing that would make it appealing to me to trade back with Buffalo and potentially pick up one of the top two or three tackles and a Hernandez or Isaiah Wynn
    Well, if the reports are true that Cousins has narrowed down his options to the Jets and Vikings, that's not going to happen. The Broncos need a QB and unless they can sign Cousins or unless Elway is convinced that Case Keenum is the long term answer, they are drafting a QB at #5.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I would love to have Nelson, to the point where I have to be careful not to drool on my keyboard.
    But when I look at all the quality available, I kind of back off him a little. For instance, Hernandez
    will be available a little later, maybe in the 2nd round, and he is a stud. Back to the 1st round,
    can you imagine Von, Ray, and Chubb all rushing the passer at the same time? Or what if
    Saquon is still available? I feel like a starving kid in an ice cream shop.
    Hernandez has short arms, Top, it’s science.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Hernandez has short arms, Top, it’s science.
    Bad for tackle, good for guard and center . . .

Bad for tackle, good for guard and center . . .
    It's actually found to be statistically meaningless for tackles, which is good news, although not pertinent here!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It's actually found to be statistically meaningless for tackles, which is good news, although not pertinent here!
    Okay, good for center (that's a fact), meaningless for tackles and guards.

Okay, good for center (that's a fact), meaningless for tackles and guards.
    No one tells Topper anything about arms without going through me!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

#BlogThangs
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

If the Broncos draft Nelson, he's not treated as a rookie. The guy is hall of fame material from jump street. You either put him at left guard or left tackle and consider that position locked up for the next decade or so.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If the Broncos draft Nelson, he's not treated as a rookie. The guy is hall of fame material from jump street. You either put him at left guard or left tackle and consider that position locked up for the next decade or so.
    Calm down Ziggy. Calling him a HOFer before he’s even drafted is a little much. Lots of things can happen. Andrew Luck isn’t a HOFer and may never be. He projects as a top guard prospect. That’s it. I know you like the dude but relax.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

They said the same thing about Cooper...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information