Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden: A has-been

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Hey Mo, did you see Khalil Mack's awesome pressures on the TD pass to Allison?

How about the one to Adams?

How about the one to Cobb?

Or any of the 3 TD passes in the 4th quarter.

How's that stat line look in crunchtime?

el oh el.
    Rodgers did what Rodgers does, lets see just how many QBs match this feat throughout the season. I quick look at the schedule finds that not only is a rematch against Rodgers, but also a game against Brady. Beyond that, do you think Wilson or Stafford (who will have 2 cracks at it) could duplicate this? I don't see anyone who'd have a realistic shoot at 3 4th quarter TDs vs. this D.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    No, you can't look to the end result when judging what an individual player does. If Mitch hits a few open guys and the Packers loss, it doesn't mitigate how great Rodgers was or how great he is. That's the exact opposite of how it works. And as a Raiders fan, and a smart person, you should know that the few pressure Mack got through double teams speaks more to the ineffectiveness of those around him than him.
    Of course I know that, but the end result is all the same. My rant isn't all on Mack. It's on the overall picture.

Mack could've done the same exact thing on the Raiders with the same result. And then what? We talk about how great he was but how the team lost? Been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think the real thing to take away is that if Mack was on a real team, that end result that you value so much would have swung back in his favor. I.E. of course the Bears blew a lead to the Packers. Recent and long term history tells us it was coming.

If only he had been traded to Denver.
    But what happened to this top 10 defense that will get better with him?

It's only one game but according to a LOT of people (including myself) this game was over at halftime.

I'll say it again, I am not happy with the trade. But maybe I will be in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Rodgers did what Rodgers does, lets see just how many QBs match this feat throughout the season. I quick look at the schedule finds that not only is a rematch against Rodgers, but also a game against Brady. Beyond that, do you think Wilson or Stafford (who will have 2 cracks at it) could duplicate this? I don't see anyone who'd have a realistic shoot at 3 4th quarter TDs vs. this D.
    Their last 7 games are brutal. Before tonight's game, I had them going 9-7 and missing the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hey Mo, did you see Khalil Mack's awesome pressures on the TD pass to Allison?

How about the one to Adams?

How about the one to Cobb?

Or any of the 3 TD passes in the 4th quarter.

How's that stat line look in crunchtime?

el oh el.
    Mack was the reason they had the lead. It sucks for the Bears that the best quarterback in football diced them in the fourth.

I’m sure the Raiders have the same type of dynamic player ready to go to fill that void.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Mack was the reason they had the lead. It sucks for the Bears that the best quarterback in football diced them in the fourth.

I’m sure the Raiders have the same type of dynamic player ready to go to fill that void.
    No one said they did. Not even close.

They have a long term plan. What is it? **** if I know. I'm just as lost as anyone but until they pay me $10,000,000 a year, I won't try to dissect it outside the obvious of building through the draft, with his impeccable track record.

Tonight's beat down from the Rams should make things more dicey than it already is.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha.
    Hey Mo,

I got nuthin.

Game went as expected. Come out fired up then watch a real team handle their business.

What disturbed me the most was my text conversations with Goff while he was in the pocket. And these were deep, philosophical debates. While he was in the pocket.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

One wonders... does Mack win that game?

I can't say, but the defense surprised me in the first half. It was a hell of a game.

A key drop each by our teams. If Keith Smith holds on at 3rd and 1, it may have sealed it. Demarius Thomas' drop was almost a game killer.

Looking forward to our rematch AND what this team will look like with that thing called a pass rush.

Good game, all. Oh and Gruden the coach will be fine. The GM... we'll see.

10. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Comparing DT to a FB...yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Comparing DT to a FB...yeah
    lol what?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

lol what?
    Nice game. I enjoyed it
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Our punter is awesome.

He’s also a bit crazy. But he’s awesome.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Our punter is awesome.

He’s also a bit crazy. But he’s awesome.
    That's why I could never understand people hating on him. He's having fun. He eccentricities are a turn off for those that don't get it.

19. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Well, I will say Oakland has a good coaching staff. Gruden has them playing above their talent level.

That's why I could never understand people hating on him. He's having fun. He eccentricities are a turn off for those that don't get it.
    I was happy to have him today. The dude has a boomer.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information