Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Compensatory Picks Announced

Default Compensatory Picks Announced

Broncos get a third round pick...... still looking for the final list.

The Cardinals (97th overall), Texans (98th), Broncos (99th), and Bengals (100th) picked up third round picks, after offseasons when they were picked apart.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nsatory-picks/

edit: Looks like that's our only compensatory pick this year. At least we got a third.

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...67505293762560

Denver had better take advantage of having 6 of the first 105 picks. John can't keep blowing the early round talent and trying to make it up late. This has the chance to be a huge restock in a decent draft, and if Denver doesn't come out of this with a 2006-type draft it will be a disappointment.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

4. The Following 11 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Apparently she had the post-3rd-round picks slightly wrong. Here's the updated list (but my point still stands: too many useful picks to blow it this year):

"Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Those picks can be traded now, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Those picks can be traded now, right?
    yes. . . and G is most certainly right-- we can't afford to blow it again, it will set the franchise back in a major way. . . this roster is still in a state of post super bowl affliction. . . aging, with a bloated salary cap, and a serious dearth of inexpensive young talent. . . we're already paying for the sins of previous poor drafts. . . we can and likely will trim some cap space this off-season, but most potential cuts will also leave holes that need filled-- most of which don't have especially promising replacements on hand. . . we can only fill so many holes in FA with competent talent. . . especially if we have to throw huge money at cousins to fill the QB spot. . .

i'd still rather give him 28 million a year than pay 18 a year for aj mccarron and his 4 starts-- or sam bradford, and the 4 more starts he probably has left. . . even if we get the QB figured out, though, we're still gonna have to draft better around the guy. . . the development part of the equation certainly needs to improve as well. . . it still pisses me off that they let that scrub mckenzie fumble the season away, but deangelo henderson had to rot on the bench the entire year, and demarcus walker had his rookie season wasted with a dumb position switch. . .

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Man, I am so not optimistic about the ability of this franchise to identify proper talent, keep and develop that talent, and put a solid performance in on Sundays. Nor can they staff worth a damn.

Still hopeful, but damn, the more I reflect on the post '15 turn and the way the '18 roster will look, the less it seems this org can get the job done.

But hell, it's a fresh start and the GM deserves the benefit of the doubt. Hope they crush the offseason, they need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i want to trust #7. . . can't lie, though-- i'm a little shaken by how badly he seems to have missed on vance. . . we'll see. . . i was happy with the way we drafted last year-- and then none of them contributed anything (positive) except bolles. . . would really help if they could get something out of the rest of that class this year. . .

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I’ll be gad damned!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

We are good at finding corners. At least that's something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i want to trust #7. . . can't lie, though-- i'm a little shaken by how badly he seems to have missed on vance. . . we'll see. . . i was happy with the way we drafted last year-- and then none of them contributed anything (positive) except bolles. . . would really help if they could get something out of the rest of that class this year. . .
    Drafting talent is only part of it. When your coaches don't put the right players on the field in the right positions, it doesn't matter how well you draft. Walker got hosed, DeAngelo got hosed, and the one player that shouldn't have been on the field possibly cost us two or three games. Playing McKenzie as long as they did was the worst coaching call in the NFL last season outside of the Bills starting Peterson over Taylor debacle. How much better would this offensive line have been if Max Garcia sat the bench while McGovern manned the left guard spot? How much better would this offensive line have been if they stopped playing Menelik Watson when he became a revolving door? About the only move they made correctly was jettisoning Ward for Simmons, and I think that was Elway's call more than anyones.

We won't know how much talent this team really has until the coaching staff is made right.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Drafting talent is only part of it. When your coaches don't put the right players on the field in the right positions, it doesn't matter how well you draft. Walker got hosed, DeAngelo got hosed, and the one player that shouldn't have been on the field possibly cost us two or three games. Playing McKenzie as long as they did was the worst coaching call in the NFL last season outside of the Bills starting Peterson over Taylor debacle. How much better would this offensive line have been if Max Garcia sat the bench while McGovern manned the left guard spot? How much better would this offensive line have been if they stopped playing Menelik Watson when he became a revolving door? About the only move they made correctly was jettisoning Ward for Simmons, and I think that was Elway's call more than anyones.

We won't know how much talent this team really has until the coaching staff is made right.
    So true. Even if DeAngelo didnt know the playbook or couldnt pass protect, his ability was obvious. Belichick would have had 9 plays the kid was profound at going into the first week, and had him on the field for those 9 plays.

God given ability sitting on the sidelines does you NO GOOD.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

With all of the needs > LB, OL, CB, WR if we can manage to nab Cousins I want us to move that 5th pick and pick up some more picks.

I think.

Might also be nice to use that pick on a bonafide OL stud.

Torn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    With all of the needs > LB, OL, CB, WR if we can manage to nab Cousins I want us to move that 5th pick and pick up some more picks.

I think.

Might also be nice to use that pick on a bonafide OL stud.

Torn.
    I think if Buffalo will give us their two firsts to move up into our spot, I'd take it (they need to throw a second or third and a pick next year in for good measure)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Aside from Justin Simmons, has #7 made any decent 3rd round picks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

22. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Aside from Justin Simmons, has #7 made any decent 3rd round picks?
    Sort of, Webster.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information