Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Compensatory Picks Announced

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Look......finding the few guys in the third round that come in to be impact players isnt easy. Take a look at each player drafted in the third round over the past how ever many years in the entire NFL and you wont find many studs.

Not trying to pass the responsibility on anyone else, I just think that in the third round drafting for need and on potential is an NFL mainstay.

Still....its nice to know we have an extra third and that it can be traded.....something not allowed with comp picks in the past.
    Right, but the Broncos have managed to be below average at it...and my guess is their second-round track record with Elway isn't much better, but I spent enough time on the third round tonight.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Right, but the Broncos have managed to be below average at it...and my guess is their second-round track record with Elway isn't much better, but I spent enough time on the third round tonight.
    i'll spot you brock osweiler, montee ball, cody latimer, ty samfrailo, and rahim the nightmare. . .

wolfe is good, but one out of however many is hardly optimal. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i'll spot you brock osweiler, montee ball, cody latimer, ty samfrailo, and rahim the nightmare. . .

wolfe is good, but one out of however many is hardly optimal. . .
    I meant I'd like to see a full AV comparison, a la, my above chart...but I'm not delving into that again tonight.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

What about that rt Orlando w the goofy eyes. Wasn’t he a 3rd pick?

Still we suck at rd 2 and 3. That’s where he reaches for need instead of bpa. Walker last year was his best 2nd rd aside from Wolfe. Only vj fud that whole thing up. It shouldn’t be too hard to find 2 studs in the top 100 of all the college players.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Still we suck at rd 2 and 3. That’s where he reaches for need instead of bpa. Walker last year was his best 2nd rd aside from Wolfe. Only vj fud that whole thing up. It shouldn’t be too hard to find 2 studs in the top 100 of all the college players.
    Orlando Franklin was a second-rounder. He has a career AV of 40, second in that draft behind Von Miller (80 AV). Those are the two-best players Elway has drafted per career AV, which is a little unfair, because that's cumulative, not a by-year average, and it was Elway's first draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Still we suck at rd 2 and 3. That’s where he reaches for need instead of bpa. Walker last year was his best 2nd rd aside from Wolfe.p Only vj fud that whole thing up. It shouldn’t be too hard to find 2 studs in the top 100 of all the college players.
    Orlando Franklin was a second-rounder. He has a career AV of 40, second in that draft behind Von Miller (80 AV). Those are the two-best players Elway has drafted per career AV, which is a little unfair, because that's cumulative, not a by-year average, and it was Elway's first draft.
    Really we suck at round one as well. Von Miller is a complete outlier because you almost can't miss at the number 2 overall pick especially when Cam Newton had already been drafted. And if you look at the way that that top 10 fell out you could have drafted anybody and said it was a good pic. So essentially he drafted Roby well Shane Ray the jury is still out on and who else? Bolles graded out as the 3rd best of the group last year and that in a horrid tackle class. We miss an awful lot. And that's why I've continued to say that if you know what you are and for some reason your front office can't evaluate the draft very well then do what you do and sign guys because he has done a good job with guys like Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Well, yeah. You won't have a real QB when/if you land a real QB in FA.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Indeed
    Indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Indeed!
    Name:  download (38).jpg
Views: 107
Size:  6.0 KB

11. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information