Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Swag working for his shot

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Im partially with you Nomad.

I like Chad Swaggy better than Darnold in this draft and much better than allen.

Rosen to me is the best QB I have seen come out in a long time! I really like him. And Mayfield I am not high on, but I have this feeling about him. I have not looked enough into him and dont remember enough about chad to say which way for sure, but for now I think I would take mayfield over Chad. That said, I would take chad 3rd.

For me without much research:

1. Rosen (by a mile)
    2. Mayfield
    3. Chad Swaggy
    4. Darnold
    5. Lamar jax attack
    6. Allen
    7. Marshall
    8. Who cares
    I never cared for the guy, and I'm going to bat for him. Talent wise....he was a damn good QB at Ole Miss.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Rick is right. If Elway refuses to just get rid of Paxton Lynch like every fan wants, and then drafts a QB at #5 they will sign a FA veteran like Tyrod Taylor or AJ McCarron, or Sam Bradford to start until the rookie is ready.

That makes 3 QBs on the roster already. In this scenario either Chad Kelly is on the practice squad or he's gone next season.

A lot of fans that love Chad Kelly will be mad, but Elway doesn't care. Chad Kelly is not going to be the starting QB next season no matter what he does in shorts during the off-season.

Any fan who thinks otherwise is just setting themselves up for disappointment and many angry tweets and posts like "WTF??? WHY??? Chad Kelly is great! Why did they cut him??? Elway should be FIRED! "

You might as well get ready for it right now.
    If elway signs mccaron or ******* bradford. guy is in a drunken stupor and needs to go to AA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Chad Kelly might be most talented QB on #Broncos roster right now. 2017 7th-rounder took injury redshirt as a rookie. Recall @MattWaldman loved him coming out.
    Most talented QB on the roster...lol.

Thats like being the skinniest guy at the cheesecake factory.
    Last edited by slim; 02-23-2018 at 03:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It's my understanding, as long as VJ is at the helm, the BRONCOS will crash & burn regardless who they draft....mineaswell get a future all-pro now.
    i don't think you're wrong. . . however, we're drafting these guys for a minimum of 4-5 years, and i think there's virtually no chance that VJ will be here past this season. . . i don't mind drafting nelson at all, i'm on board with that-- but if they do, they damn well better have a solid plan in place to also acquire a quality QB prospect. . . like trading back into the first for mayfield, or believing they can get rudolph at the top of the second, or whatever. . . next year's QB prospects won't be any more flawless than this year's group-- once there's tape on guys, every single one of them has their warts. . . and there's no guarantee we'll be picking this high again, and it's unlikely that there will be a deeper pool of QBs. . . as far as i'm concerned, we really need to grab one of the top 4-5 guys, at worst, if we don't get kirk. . .

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    For me without much research:

1. Rosen (by a mile)
    2. Mayfield
    3. Chad Swaggy
    4. Darnold
    5. Lamar jax attack
    6. Allen
    7. Marshall
    8. Who cares
    who is marshall?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    who is marshall?
    We are Marshall!

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    If elway signs mccaron or ******* bradford. guy is in a drunken stupor and needs to go to AA.
    Well, who the hell would you want to get to start until the rookie is ready? Because if they draft Allen, all the scouts are saying he's "very raw" but with elite arm talent, despite serious accuracy issues. Meaning, he ain't ready! Starting him game 1 would be throwing raw meet to the Lions. He's going to take some time to adjust to the NFL.

Rosen is supposed to be the most "NFL ready" because of the pro-style system he was in, and Darnold is "very young" and inexperienced. Mayfield is a different cat, because of his unique skills. You would have to commit to running an offense that caters to his run-pass option talents if you drafted him.

Maybe Mayfield might be ready. Possibly Rosen might be able to start. I'm no expert on College Football so I have no opinion.

THose opinions are the opinions of scouts on 104.3 the Fan. I have no idea if they are right so don't bother trying to make those MY views.

But, logically, the Broncos would have to get a veteran QB to come in and start. Tyrod Taylor, Sam Bradford and AJ McCarron are the obvious possibilities.

Case Keenum definitely would go to a team that wanted him as a long term starter. That team could be the Broncos, since he's supposedly the #2 veteran prospect if the Broncos don't sign Kirk Cousins. That would not be my idea! I don't want him!

So, since they don't want to spend $20m on a QB and then draft one at #5 they need a starter who might get a lot less - like no more than $16m at most. With a buy-out after a season.

This might be like in 2016 when they tried to pick up Mark Sanchez after Brock left town. They get a "Middle-ish of June Guy" as Mark Schlereth calls him.

A guy who might be available in June because he didn't get signed in the first FA period.

McCarron is reportedly trying to find a team that will make him the long term starter, but good luck with that!

Taylor probably too. Some team might let him come in and compete to be the starter, but not Denver I don't think. They would draft a QB if they had any of these guys.

But, at least they would not have to start that inexperienced QB day 1, regardless of whether he was ready.
    Last edited by Cugel; 02-23-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Chad Kelly might be most talented QB on #Broncos roster right now. 2017 7th-rounder took injury redshirt as a rookie. Recall @MattWaldman loved him coming out.

Chad Kelly is the best pure pigskin thrower in Denver since Elway. Period. https://t.co/mzBOOqDeQB
    — Marc Moser (@RadioMoser)

@RadioMoser

The Broncos haven’t had a QB this capable of throwing the pig since Elway....and I’m not kidding. When he gets his shot, it’s on....completely on
    No. That would be Jay Cutler. Which tells you everything you need to know about how a QB with awesome arm talent will automatically become a top 5 NFL QB - Just like Jay Cutler!

Just what we need. No, I don't think he's Mr. "I Don't Care II", but arm talent doesn't tell you whether the guy is going to be worth squat.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    We are Marshall!
    who are you??

He's a crappy version of Lynch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by von kinger View Post
    he's a crappier version of lynch.
    fify.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

14. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

I meant Rudolph
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He's a crappy version of Lynch.
    That's just ridiculous. Look at his wins in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    That's just ridiculous. Look at his wins in 2015.
    He's a less talented guy with air between the ears. And yes, I know that Kelly has talent. Lynch has an ungodly amount of talent.

If CK actually does something to warrant the hype, so be it. But FFS Mallet had more issues around draft time and he could still be taken earlier than seven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Lynch has an ungodly amount of talent.
    From where exactly are you acquiring your information that informs this opinion?

I get we can like players, or have a gut feeling about them (i have liked a few terrible ones - Kellen Moore, Trevor Siemien, Cody Latimer, hell even Tim Tebow) but to claim Lynch has ungodly talent just confuses me.

Unless of course his ungodly amount of talent is not at football and you are talking about his ability to look like a pirate or some other activity that i have no awareness of.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information