Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Swag working for his shot

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Matt Waldmen has been going full retard lately, he’s a great analyst but he’s starting to think he’s smarter than NFL Coaches. He’s Cecil Lammey but with legitimately original opinions.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 02-25-2018 at 02:52 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Broncos should sign both McCarron AND ******* Bradford.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    As Troy Renk put it: "There were reasons why Kelly was Mr. Irrelevant, and it wasn't just off-field issues. Teams draft guys with character issues all the time if they think they have real talent. Some team would have drafted him in the middle rounds if they thought that."

NOBODY in the NFL agrees with you that Kelly was ever a potential 1st round pick.

I haven't heard that from any NFL expert, although some fans blithely believe it.
    This is wrong, if you follow the draft/recruiting you’d know that.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    From where exactly are you acquiring your information that informs this opinion?

I get we can like players, or have a gut feeling about them (i have liked a few terrible ones - Kellen Moore, Trevor Siemien, Cody Latimer, hell even Tim Tebow) but to claim Lynch has ungodly talent just confuses me.

Unless of course his ungodly amount of talent is not at football and you are talking about his ability to look like a pirate or some other activity that i have no awareness of.
    Talent in football is what you are capable of doing. Lynch has all the physical tools to a very high degree. Height, weight, throwing ability, mobility, etc. His physical talent is absurdly high.

It just so happens that he's stupid. He's the reverse of TS - TS is smart (don't confuse that with his panicking and cowardice on the field) but has almost no talent for the game at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

De jer swaggy is the only qb I know to threaten to get an AK and murder everyone at the club. That is a pretty severe statement
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Talent in football is what you are capable of doing. Lynch has all the physical tools to a very high degree. Height, weight, throwing ability, mobility, etc. His physical talent is absurdly high.

It just so happens that he's stupid. He's the reverse of TS - TS is smart (don't confuse that with his panicking and cowardice on the field) but has almost no talent for the game at all.
    so talent is potential based on physical attributes?

If I don't phrase this properly you can skewer me. And I'm too tired for a battle -this does not mean I accuse you of wanting a battle- with someone of your skill.

I yield.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

yes. . . talent is the raw physical attributes. . . skill is acquired ability. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Well I don't understand talent to mean that.

But now I know your nomenclature, it makes a little more sense.

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

that's typically how i see them used in regards to sports, particularly. . .

raw talent vs. polished skill, or proven ability. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

We use "talent" as a predictive term, a gauge on potential. Baseball scouts use Future Value in a similar manner to how the word "talent" is here.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

PFM had a lot of mental talent and then he used that talent and developed his mental skills.

PFM had a good amount of physical talent and he used that talent and developed his physical skills.

The physical and the mental interact - a player can rely on upon one more than the other, and the great ones usually hit point where they're using both at a high end. Rodgers comes to mind.

One can even have good intellect but be football dumb RG3 or TS, have great football smarts but be stupid, Ray Lewis, or be stupid in both intellect and football, like Favre.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    PFM had a lot of mental talent and then he used that talent and developed his mental skills.

PFM had a good amount of physical talent and he used that talent and developed his physical skills.

The physical and the mental interact - a player can rely on upon one more than the other, and the great ones usually hit point where they're using both at a high end. Rodgers comes to mind.

One can even have good intellect but be football dumb RG3 or TS, have great football smarts but be stupid, Ray Lewis, or be stupid in both intellect and football, like Favre.
    most of it is just about processing speed. . . you don't need a guy who can sit down and solve physics problems, you just need a guy who can diagnose a cover-2 from a cover-3 in under 1.7 seconds, or whatever. . .

Even veterans get tricked...except PFM and Brady. Man, QB's were kinda dumb for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Rick is right. If Elway refuses to just get rid of Paxton Lynch like every fan wants, and then drafts a QB at #5 they will sign a FA veteran like Tyrod Taylor or AJ McCarron, or Sam Bradford to start until the rookie is ready.

That makes 3 QBs on the roster already. In this scenario either Chad Kelly is on the practice squad or he's gone next season.

A lot of fans that love Chad Kelly will be mad, but Elway doesn't care. Chad Kelly is not going to be the starting QB next season no matter what he does in shorts during the off-season.

Any fan who thinks otherwise is just setting themselves up for disappointment and many angry tweets and posts like "WTF??? WHY??? Chad Kelly is great! Why did they cut him??? Elway should be FIRED! "

You might as well get ready for it right now.
    In that scenario, if Kelly outplayed Lynch or the Vet (assuming a more moderately priced vet than McCarron), then he would cut Lynch or the Vet.

There is no upside in losing Lynch now. Nobody is going to trade for him with his contract, and cutting him will hurt too much cap wise (two million more to cut vs. keep). So, if the time comes in TC that it's clear that Lynch is the 4th best QB, then they probably cut him and if necessary, spread the hit over two years.

There is simply no upside in doing it now, because it hurts the cap, and there is still the slight chance that Lynch will turn into something, even if only a viable backup.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information