Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Swag working for his shot

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Is he in the best shape of his life?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Has he started working on his bat swing yet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

@redwardsradio

“If GM John Elway believes in his potential, the team possibly won’t feel compelled to splurge financially on a veteran”

@BKDenverSports

If Chad Kelly becomes the Broncos Franchise QB, they’d have so much flexibility cap wise to upgrade the OL and to do some big things in the draf

@BrownsScout

Long time followers of mine know my feelings on Chad Kelly . If I'm John Dorsey @browns - I'm at the very least calling Denver. A big time talent.

@evansilva

Chad Kelly might be most talented QB on #Broncos roster right now. 2017 7th-rounder took injury redshirt as a rookie. Recall @MattWaldman loved him coming out.

Chad Kelly is the best pure pigskin thrower in Denver since Elway. Period. https://t.co/mzBOOqDeQB
    — Marc Moser (@RadioMoser)

@RadioMoser

The Broncos haven’t had a QB this capable of throwing the pig since Elway....and I’m not kidding. When he gets his shot, it’s on....completely on

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    @redwardsradio

“If GM John Elway believes in his potential, the team possibly won’t feel compelled to splurge financially on a veteran”

@BKDenverSports

If Chad Kelly becomes the Broncos Franchise QB, they’d have so much flexibility cap wise to upgrade the OL and to do some big things in the draf

@BrownsScout

Long time followers of mine know my feelings on Chad Kelly . If I'm John Dorsey @browns - I'm at the very least calling Denver. A big time talent.

@evansilva

Chad Kelly might be most talented QB on #Broncos roster right now. 2017 7th-rounder took injury redshirt as a rookie. Recall @MattWaldman loved him coming out.

Chad Kelly is the best pure pigskin thrower in Denver since Elway. Period. https://t.co/mzBOOqDeQB
    — Marc Moser (@RadioMoser)

@RadioMoser

The Broncos haven’t had a QB this capable of throwing the pig since Elway....and I’m not kidding. When he gets his shot, it’s on....completely on
    Any of those guys ever built a roster that won a SB? Ever QB coaches, etc?

Just curious, not sure who they are, so why do their opinions hold more weight than yours or mine?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Any of those guys ever built a roster that won a SB? Ever QB coaches, etc?

Just curious, not sure who they are, so why do their opinions hold more weight than yours or mine?
    Well, they do have a twitter account and post confidently as if they know what they’re talking about... on the internet... so they must be correct and extremely trustworthy.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

God speed Chad. God speed.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Minus the attitude and injury, Kelly would have been a top ten QB in this draft (if he were in this class). I'd take my chance on him, draft Nelson @#5, and draft a QB in later rounds. I'm not impressed with any of these 2018 QBs over Nelson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Minus the attitude and injury, Kelly would have been a top ten QB in this draft (if he were in this class). I'd take my chance on him, draft Nelson @#5, and draft a QB in later rounds. I'm not impressed with any of these 2018 QBs over Nelson.
    just remember this post if we're 2-9 in november, and you're pissed because everyone is rooting for us to lose. . .

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    just remember this post if we're 2-9 in november, and you're pissed because everyone is rooting for us to lose. . .
    It's my understanding, as long as VJ is at the helm, the BRONCOS will crash & burn regardless who they draft....mineaswell get a future all-pro now.

Next year....MO will be #suckforbrowning2019

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Kelly's only shot is probably if the team passes on taking a QB at 5.
    Rick is right. If Elway refuses to just get rid of Paxton Lynch like every fan wants, and then drafts a QB at #5 they will sign a FA veteran like Tyrod Taylor or AJ McCarron, or Sam Bradford to start until the rookie is ready.

That makes 3 QBs on the roster already. In this scenario either Chad Kelly is on the practice squad or he's gone next season.

A lot of fans that love Chad Kelly will be mad, but Elway doesn't care. Chad Kelly is not going to be the starting QB next season no matter what he does in shorts during the off-season.

Any fan who thinks otherwise is just setting themselves up for disappointment and many angry tweets and posts like "WTF??? WHY??? Chad Kelly is great! Why did they cut him??? Elway should be FIRED! "

You might as well get ready for it right now.

On the other hand, if they sign Cousins, then they could keep both Paxton and Kelly as backups because they will not want to pay very much for a QB. They might even go with 2 QBs and one is Kelly because he's really cheap and they are paying Cousins so much that they don't want to pay even the $2m they will pay Paxton.

As Troy Renk put it: "There were reasons why Kelly was Mr. Irrelevant, and it wasn't just off-field issues. Teams draft guys with character issues all the time if they think they have real talent. Some team would have drafted him in the middle rounds if they thought that."

NOBODY in the NFL agrees with you that Kelly was ever a potential 1st round pick.

I haven't heard that from any NFL expert, although some fans blithely believe it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    As Troy Renk put it: "There were reasons why Kelly was Mr. Irrelevant, and it wasn't just off-field issues. Teams draft guys with character issues all the time if they think they have real talent. Some team would have drafted him in the middle rounds if they thought that."

NOBODY in the NFL agrees with you that Kelly was ever a potential 1st round pick.

I haven't heard that from any NFL expert, although some fans blithely believe it.
    After his 2015 season, especially after the Bama game, there was talk of him having first round talent. After all his off the field bs, and injury, (you're correct), no one wanted him. Compare that season to what we see in this draft, it's very comparable. It didn't happened that way, so my hypothetical is obsolete.

It's my understanding, as long as VJ is at the helm, the BRONCOS will crash & burn regardless who they draft....mineaswell get a future all-pro now.

Next year....MO will be #suckforbrowning2019

Mo is always trying to suck some guy
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Im partially with you Nomad.

I like Chad Swaggy better than Darnold in this draft and much better than allen.

Rosen to me is the best QB I have seen come out in a long time! I really like him. And Mayfield I am not high on, but I have this feeling about him. I have not looked enough into him and dont remember enough about chad to say which way for sure, but for now I think I would take mayfield over Chad. That said, I would take chad 3rd.

For me without much research:

1. Rosen (by a mile)
    2. Mayfield
    3. Chad Swaggy
    4. Darnold
    5. Lamar jax attack
    6. Allen
    7. Marshall
    8. Who cares
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

20. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information