Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off-season and Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    You never called out a buddy for acting a fool to save him from embarrassment?
    That's not how this is coming off to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Is it because Keenum is a Texas boy?
    Not sure exactly what you mean by this

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    That's not how this is coming off to me.
    I told you that you were coming off as a bitch with what reads as whining about a temporary solution that probably needed to happen. Just relax...

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Not sure exactly what you mean by this
    You seem to like Keenum more than anyone else I have encountered online, I wondered if it was because he's from Abilene and played at Houston, so you were familiar with him and rooted for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You seem to like Keenum more than anyone else I have encountered online, I wondered if it was because he's from Abilene and played at Houston, so you were familiar with him and rooted for him.
    I mean...I paid attention to his college career because it was in the headlines and his coach at UH ended up being the coach at A&M, but that has nothing to do with me being fine with him as a stop gap. To be clear, I'm not advocating him as the stud QB for the next 5-7 years. Maybe he truly turned a corner and was able to show what he can be and he does end up being a long term answer. Who knows. But for the meantime the move makes the most sense.

I told you that you were coming off as a bitch with what reads as whining about a temporary solution that probably needed to happen. Just relax...
    After consultation (with myself) I'm going to kindly tell you to get shingles, which is another way of me saying that I still like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

This is a shame. Would have liked James for the right draft price.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/973597707938947072

Mike Klis

Verified account

@MikeKlis
    Following Following @MikeKlis
    More
    Broncos called Dolphins to inquire about RT Ju'Wuan James but were told Miami is keeping him, per source. #9sports
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

9. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    This is a shame. Would have liked James for the right draft price.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/973597707938947072

Mike Klis

Verified account

@MikeKlis
    Following Following @MikeKlis
    More
    Broncos called Dolphins to inquire about RT Ju'Wuan James but were told Miami is keeping him, per source. #9sports
    Agreed...but his price tag for this year was crazy and still might be high after they re-sign him. I think we could get Chris Hubbard much cheaper and get similar results to what James could bring.

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I mean...I paid attention to his college career because it was in the headlines and his coach at UH ended up being the coach at A&M, but that has nothing to do with me being fine with him as a stop gap. To be clear, I'm not advocating him as the stud QB for the next 5-7 years. Maybe he truly turned a corner and was able to show what he can be and he does end up being a long term answer. Who knows. But for the meantime the move makes the most sense.
    What you said about Zimmer liking the offensive team chemistry rings true. Keenum puts his head down. He took Diggs and Thielen to the next level--they were headed there, and he did his part. There are positives.

I get that it's the move that makes the most sense if you are trying to field the most competitive team in 2018, which I want the Broncos to do.

Signing Keenum has the added bonus of being a solid litmus test of VJ's ability to deliver results, so we can truly see what he's about with no caveats.

Alright, well, what's done is done. I personally like the guy, so that's something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

This is where I'm at. A QB with enough experience to lead Denver back to the playoffs with the right offensive upgrades, who leaves enough FA money to help with some of those upgrades and keeps the ball out of the hands of the unprepared young QBs Denver has. Maybe he'll be more, and will turn into a serious top-10 QB, but right now Denver can't tell what they even have on offense with the QBs setting the thing on fire and rolling it into a gasoline lake every game.

It provides a couple of years of stability at the position while they work out the kinks everywhere else and see what Kelly/whoever has in backup reps. It provides Denver with some of the things they wanted without brutalizing their cap or demolishing their hard-won draft war chest. I'm surprised so many people hate it so much, honestly. It's not perfect, but neither was any solution out of the gate.
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Agreed...but his price tag for this year was crazy and still might be high after they re-sign him. I think we could get Chris Hubbard much cheaper and get similar results to what James could bring.
    Yeah, that's why I wasn't willing to pay much in draft compensation to Miami to clear that bill, but I hear ya. Hubbard would also be a nice addition. The Broncos can look around now - hopefully they do better than they have with their last few sets of line additions. Add a RT, draft an OG, and let's get going.
    -- James Dean

Adopted Bronco:

This is where I'm at. A QB with enough experience to lead Denver back to the playoffs with the right offensive upgrades, who leaves enough FA money to help with some of those upgrades and keeps the ball out of the hands of the unprepared young QBs Denver has. Maybe he'll be more, and will turn into a serious top-10 QB, but right now Denver can't tell what they even have on offense with the QBs setting the thing on fire and rolling it into a gasoline lake every game.

It provides a couple of years of stability at the position while they work out the kinks everywhere else and see what Kelly/whoever has in backup reps. It provides Denver with some of the things they wanted without brutalizing their cap or demolishing their hard-won draft war chest. I'm surprised so many people hate it so much, honestly. It's not perfect, but neither was any solution out of the gate.
    Couldn't have said it better. We needed a short term answer to remain competitive and Keenum was the best short term answer at the best price. My money says Elway STILL drafts a QB next month.

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Couldn't have said it better. We needed a short term answer to remain competitive and Keenum was the best short term answer at the best price. My money says Elway STILL drafts a QB next month.
    I think you should draft a QB pretty much every year until you have a star. They don't have to be first-rounders - Kelly and Siemian are 7th, and that's fine. But you might as well make sure you have an extra pick laying around to use on a QB on day 2 or 3. Might get lucky. I don't think John drafts a QB with #5, but I think he'll grab one too. Most of the 2nd and 3rd day QBs have spread offense issues and under-center work to do, which is why they're day 2 and 3 guys. Take a swing.

I very much want to see what Kelly looks like, but competition is never bad. We'll see if they keep Siemian as the decent backup QB he should be in case of injury, or if they're willing to bet on a guy without NFL game experience to do it, but either way John should still be looking for his QBOTF.
    -- James Dean

Adopted Bronco:

I think you should draft a QB pretty much every year until you have a star. They don't have to be first-rounders - Kelly and Siemian are 7th, and that's fine. But you might as well make sure you have an extra pick laying around to use on a QB on day 2 or 3. Might get lucky. I don't think John drafts a QB with #5, but I think he'll grab one too. Most of the 2nd and 3rd day QBs have spread offense issues and under-center work to do, which is why they're day 2 and 3 guys. Take a swing.

I very much want to see what Kelly looks like, but competition is never bad. We'll see if they keep Siemian as the decent backup QB he should be in case of injury, or if they're willing to bet on a guy without NFL game experience to do it, but either way John should still be looking for his QBOTF.
    I'd love to see a Falk, Lauletta, White, Woodside brought in to compete. Pipe dream, but I'd also be ecstatic to see Lamar Jackson available at 40.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information