Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off-season and Free Agency Thread

I'd love to see the Broncos trade CJ for Juwan James. He's better than anything we've had at right tackle in many many years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

My new hope for the draft is to trade with Buffalo and draft Hernandez and Rudolph. Then get Sony Michel in the 2nd. Wouldn't that be a badass draft?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    My new hope for the draft is to trade with Buffalo and draft Hernandez and Rudolph. Then get Sony Michel in the 2nd. Wouldn't that be a badass draft?
    No, because we wouldn't have a real QB on the roster!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    No, because we wouldn't have a real QB on the roster!
    Rudolph is the 3rd best QB in this draft IMHO and the second smallest risk at QB behind Rosen. If signing Keenum makes it so we can get Rudolph and a 10+ year OL starter like Hernandez or Nelson, then I'm stoked.

Check out Rudolph, he's a really good QB.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Rudolph is the 3rd best QB in this draft IMHO and the second smallest risk at QB behind Rosen. If signing Keenum makes it so we can get Rudolph and a 10+ year OL starter like Hernandez or Nelson, then I'm stoked.

Check out Rudolph, he's a really good QB.
    He's the worst QB of all time and will make Akili Smith look like Dan Marino!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He's the worst QB of all time and will make Akili Smith look like Dan Marino!
    Dan Marino was overrated.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Dan Marino was overrated.
    I think he was a top five all time QB.

Adopted Bronco:

I think he was a top five all time QB.
    This statement coming from you makes me reconsider how highly I regarded Dan Marino.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    This statement coming from you makes me reconsider how highly I regarded Dan Marino.
    Stop being antagonistic.

Adopted Bronco:

Stop being antagonistic.
    I'll call it realistic.

You argued that he was bad in the past for reasons that weren't his fault. Well, the one guy who ever got anything out of him isn't coming to Denver. And he's a one year wonder. And his best year is pretty tepid, and his own franchise that he had success with couldn't wait to dump him. You know, the same franchise that built that wonderful team that supported him?

That in and of itself would be strong enough to not be excited about him. You pointed to film. I pointed to film guys who weren't enthused about him. You haven't substantiated any real argument for him other than the fact that you watch film and you 'know more' than us. Great. So, with the respect that I due have for you, I'm going to ask you again to stop being antagonistic, for no other reason than you've no real support for it.

Adopted Bronco:

You argued that he was bad in the past for reasons that weren't his fault. Well, the one guy who ever got anything out of him isn't coming to Denver. And he's a one year wonder. And his best year is pretty tepid, and his own franchise that he had success with couldn't wait to dump him. You know, the same franchise that built that wonderful team that supported him?

That in and of itself would be strong enough to not be excited about him. You pointed to film. I pointed to film guys who weren't enthused about him. You haven't substantiated any real argument for him other than the fact that you watch film and you 'know more' than us. Great. So, with the respect that I due have for you, I'm going to ask you again to stop being antagonistic, for no other reason than you've no real support for it.
    Minnesota didn't tag or quickly re-sign Keenum because they think they can do better with Cousins. Period. So, they are basically risking everything on a QB with the HOPE that he can be ONE game better than Keenum. Is that smart football? But despite the fact that you'll dismiss ANYTHING substantial to the argument simply because you don't like Keenum, I'll throw info at you.

Vikings kept saying Bridgewater was going to be their QB once he was healthy. Even into last season, this was mentioned. But he came back and never started and now they are ready to move on from even him. So, the organization itself cant make up it's mind. Does that sound like an organization that doesn't like Keenum? Or an organization that can't make up it's mind?

Zimmer made comments throughout the season that the cohesion in the locker room was the best he had ever seen. Most recently, he said it would be his preference to bring back the same QB's he had this past season because the players worked their butts off and are the best for the organizational culture.

Multiple Vikings personnel and media have regularly stated that they havent see n a player more popular in the locker room than Keenum was. Players absolutely loved Keenum.

Now all that being said, I'm not there and cant speak first hand, but neither can you. All we can go on is what we read, hear and see. And at the end of the day, the team still did NOT sign him to big money to be the long term answer.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Minnesota didn't tag or quickly re-sign Keenum because they think they can do better with Cousins. Period. So, they are basically risking everything on a QB with the HOPE that he can be ONE game better than Keenum. Is that smart football? But despite the fact that you'll dismiss ANYTHING substantial to the argument simply because you don't like Keenum, I'll throw info at you.

Vikings kept saying Bridgewater was going to be their QB once he was healthy. Even into last season, this was mentioned. But he came back and never started and now they are ready to move on from even him. So, the organization itself cant make up it's mind. Does that sound like an organization that doesn't like Keenum? Or an organization that can't make up it's mind?

Zimmer made comments throughout the season that the cohesion in the locker room was the best he had ever seen. Most recently, he said it would be his preference to bring back the same QB's he had this past season because the players worked their butts off and are the best for the organizational culture.

Multiple Vikings personnel and media have regularly stated that they havent see n a player more popular in the locker room than Keenum was. Players absolutely loved Keenum.

Now all that being said, I'm not there and cant speak first hand, but neither can you. All we can go on is what we read, hear and see. And at the end of the day, the team still did NOT sign him to big money to be the long term answer.
    It's more than being one game better than Keenum. They're going after the superior QB. Keenum wasn't the reason why they went as far as they did. He put up pretty average numbers and the defense did the rest. The only thing that was impressive about him was how well he did with a bad line. But, Cousins has done even better and he's lines have been mixed affairs throughout his career. The point is, they know they got luck as hell this past year when Rodgers went down. They know they have to match firepower QB to QB.

The Vikings thought TB was going to be there guy when he came back healthy. And then Bradford set the mark for completion percentage in a single season and looked pretty damn good as a QB. Then Keenum put out a pretty decent performance, and there are still doubts as to what status TB can ever have again in the game. I wouldn't write them off as saying they can't make up their mind - I'd consider them an organization that, if they were that hesitant, would have just tagged CK if they had faith in him. Instead they know that if they like TB and SB, and they want a shot at KC, they're going to end up with at least one, if not two, of those guys.

Zimmer made a lot of comments about the locker room. He also said that he wasn't sure which guy CK was. That's the problem, Coach, if anyone in that organization truly believed in him, he'd have been a Viking before FA started. As far as loving CK, I'm sure he's a great guy in the locker room. The locker room loved TS. TS is one of the worst QB's in the entire league.

The issue with CK is what you can expect out of him. You can't expect him to take what he did last year and improve upon it so much that we're more than a WC contender. And, if he starts, you can expect that we're either drafting a QB to sit on the bench (wrong) or taking second round guy (even more incorrect) and essentially continuing to delay finding a real solution to the QB position.

I hate the move in the short and long term. That's more than reasonable.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information