Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Trade #5 Overall Pick To Bills For #21 and #22?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If the deal is Taylor, #21 and #22, what you can do is barter Taylor for additional picks. The Bills aren't planning to keep Taylor anyway so it won't hurt them much to include him in the package. Plus, you could probably package #22 and either Taylor or our second to move back up and snag Josh Allen. Now you have Josh Allen *and* a pick at 21 to get a top lineman. But you'll have to line the ducks up ahead of time.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Why wouldn't we want more competition at the QB position?
    because we've seen tyrod's ceiling, and that's a guy who can't get it done. . . he's already been in a situation where he had a good defense and a strong running game, and he was maxed out as a marginally effective game manager. . . north's correct, if he's available it's because buffalo moved on from him. . . seriously, think about it-- they hadn't been to the playoffs since the halcyon days of joe's youth, this guy comes along and gets them there, and they immediately turn around and get rid of him? it's because he's not good enough, the odds of doing any damage with him in the playoffs are extremely remote. . . besides, we've lost too may pieces from that '15 defense to think we can get back to that level. . . it's time for denver to get a real quarterback who can run a grownup offense. . . i have no interest in messing around with a poor man's jake plummer, who's in his 5th season or whatever, and can't get to his second read. . . hard pass on paying that guy 18 million dollars. . .

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Allen is way down the list of rookie QB's i would like to see on this team. Im really only comfortable with Rosen if we go high, but if we trade back i would like to see Browning or Falk as the choices. Im not sold on Allen at all at this point.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

If we got Cousins, I would be okay trading back to Buffalo’s picks in the 20s (plus a later round pick). We could most likely get one of the top 2 tackles and one of the top 2 guards or a top 2 ILB at those spots. That could make a big difference even if we have to trade up from 20 to the mid teens. Getting a guy like McGlinchey or Brown and a guy like Roquan Smith would be huge!

If a guy like Davenport drops a little we can go get him and still have that other first for a T or G. This is a pretty loaded first round because so many QBs are likely to be overdrafted pushing other players down the board.

We absolutely must get Cousins though. Any other FA QB means we need to draft one at 5. Period. We can no longer afford to settle for scrub backup QBs.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    If we got Cousins, I would be okay trading back to Buffalo’s picks in the 20s (plus a later round pick). We could most likely get one of the top 2 tackles and one of the top 2 guards or a top 2 ILB at those spots. That could make a big difference even if we have to trade up from 20 to the mid teens. Getting a guy like McGlinchey or Brown and a guy like Roquan Smith would be huge!

If a guy like Davenport drops a little we can go get him and still have that other first for a T or G. This is a pretty loaded first round because so many QBs are likely to be overdrafted pushing other players down the board.

We absolutely must get Cousins though. Any other FA QB means we need to draft one at 5. Period. We can no longer afford to settle for scrub backup QBs.
    I know it doesnt mean a whole lot but Cousins teammate Dj Swearinger believes he will be a Bronco. But obviously that is not a guarantee.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Allen is way down the list of rookie QB's i would like to see on this team. Im really only comfortable with Rosen if we go high, but if we trade back i would like to see Browning or Falk as the choices. Im not sold on Allen at all at this point.
    Browning opted to go back. I do love him, though.

As to a straight-up trade for those two picks, as many have said, they'd almost assuredly have to have Cousins before making that trade. I would make that trade immediately and let someone else at the third and fourth quarterbacks (Mayfield, Allen)...do not want.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Just as a point of reference, Buffalo DID make the playoffs this year with Taylor although you'd be forgiven for forgetting it because the offense scored just three points in a loss.

Although it's like playschool, I did try out the trade-down to Buffalo on Fanspeak just now and came away with Josh Allen, Mike McGlinchey then Will Hernandez in the second.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Just looking at the draft value chart, the 5th pick is worth 1700 and the 21/22 picks are worth 1580, so they'd need to kick in a bit more. I'd also ask for a premium since they would be going up to get a QB. I'd want their 2nd round pick this year too.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Tyrod + 21, 22. I would take that in a heartbeat. Could go with two OL there and wait to get a QB in the 2nd, or 1 OL and 1 QB. Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk, take your pick.
    That.

I don’t like it. We should be able to get an impact player at 5, unless we reach for an overrated qb instead of taking bpa

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    apparently not. . . you wanna explain it?
    Taylor is better than what we have now.
    Anyone we draft will be better or bust.
    Taylor provides veteran leadership.
    Obtaining Taylor allows us to draft BPA.
    Obtaining Taylor means we could take an extended look at Lynch and/or Kelly.

Shall I go on? I'm not a big fan of Cousins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Taylor is better than what we have now.
    Anyone we draft will be better or bust.
    Taylor provides veteran leadership.
    Obtaining Taylor allows us to draft BPA.
    Obtaining Taylor means we could take an extended look at Lynch and/or Kelly.

Shall I go on? I'm not a big fan of Cousins.
    yer gonna have to go on quite a bit if you want to convince me, because i don't find any of those reasons compelling at all. . . kyle orton is better than the guys we have now! i want a guy with ability, not veteran leadership-- we can bring the other mccown out of retirement if that's all we want. . . we can take BPA with or without taylor, if that's the route JFE wants to go. . .

as far as an extended look at lynch or kelly, i want that about as much as i want shane falco to be named GM of the team. . .

nah. . . paying tyrod just doesn't make sense. . . get kirk, or draft a promising rookie and play him. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yer gonna have to go on quite a bit if you want to convince me, because i don't find any of those reasons compelling at all. . . kyle orton is better than the guys we have now! i want a guy with ability, not veteran leadership-- we can bring the other mccown out of retirement if that's all we want. . . we can take BPA with or without taylor, if that's the route JFE wants to go. . .

as far as an extended look at lynch or kelly, i want that about as much as i want shane falco to be named GM of the team. . .

nah. . . paying tyrod just doesn't make sense. . . get kirk, or draft a promising rookie and play him. . .
    I'm on the "anyone but Cousins" train.

Clearly, I could be totally wrong, but I don't want the Broncos to pay what it's going to cost to get him. And, that cost is more than $$$

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Just looking at the draft value chart, the 5th pick is worth 1700 and the 21/22 picks are worth 1580, so they'd need to kick in a bit more. I'd also ask for a premium since they would be going up to get a QB. I'd want their 2nd round pick this year too.
    I was going to point this out.

Basically this scenario means Denver has signed Cousins and doesn't need a QB. In any other situation (Foles somehow, Keenum, Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, Bradford) they would draft a QB at #5.

Unless, that is, they don't really like any of the QBs they could get at #5. In that case they might just punt and go with a veteran for a season and strengthen other positions. But, they really need to find a QB this season and not wait.

It's just that there might not be any solution available (Ex: say they only really like Josh Rosen, but he's taken by the Giants).

It's hard to imagine Buffalo giving up 2 #1s and a #2 this season for a QB. But, it's either that or a player in addition. Taylor plus 2 #1s might be about right. If the Broncos wanted him.

I have difficulty believing they do though. I don't think Elway wants to go into the season with Taylor as his franchise QB. Could be wrong though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information