Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Would You Trade #5 Overall Pick To Bills For #21 and #22?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Do the answers change now that Buffalo has pick 12?

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I think it does, especially if we are not interested in any of the top 3 QBs.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

3. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    2016-2017

Tyrod Taylor
    5,822 yards, 6.8 average yards per completion, 31 TD, 10 INT

Trevor Siemian
    5,686 yards, 6.75 average yards per completion, 30 TDs, 24 INT

Kirk Cousins
    9,010 7.85 average yards per completion, 52 TD, 25 INT

One of those three is in a different league than the other two (hint, it isn't TS or Tryhard Taylor)

Tyrod does a great job of protecting the ball, I'll give him that, but aside from not throwing nearly as many INTs, he's basically Trevor Siemian. Add to that, once Taylor's WR's went to another team they suddenly were way better with a QB who could actually feed them the ball.
    Is that really a fair comparison? In 2016, Cousins was already in his 5th year. Siemian was
    in his first, on the field. You really cannot fairly compare a rookie with a 5th year vet.
    Moreover, Cousins was in his 4th year before he stopped complementing every touchdown
    with an interception.

Don't get me wrong. Siemian left much to be desired (although he was in his first two years
    behind a very bad line). It's just that I don't think you're comparing apples.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The Bills signed A.J. McCarron which leaves them in the same situation as the Broncos. They have Mr. Right Now but they don't know if they have their QBOTF and could use a high first-rounder to trade up and get a QB if they are sold on one. Would they deal #12 and #21? When I have tried it in Fanspeak, it's always refused. I had no trouble getting it to accept #5 for #21 and #22. Don't know if the trade chart is still relevant either.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    The Bills signed A.J. McCarron which leaves them in the same situation as the Broncos. They have Mr. Right Now but they don't know if they have their QBOTF and could use a high first-rounder to trade up and get a QB if they are sold on one. Would they deal #12 and #21? When I have tried it in Fanspeak, it's always refused. I had no trouble getting it to accept #5 for #21 and #22. Don't know if the trade chart is still relevant either.
    Probably because the value, per the chart, is off by like 280 points. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fanspeak is built around the chart for trades.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Not really. AJ couldn't beat out Andy Dalton. Keenum took his team to the NFC championship and has gotten better every year. Not to mention the fact that Keenum has 38 NFL starts. McCarron has 3. The Bills have an unknown. The Broncos have a guy who has had a full season of success as a starter. The worst case scenario with Keenum is that he was a one year wonder and still an improvement over what the Broncos had the last 2 seasons. The Bills have no idea if they've gotten better or worse at the QB position. If Vegas were to lay odds, I'd say they would favor worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Yes, if the Broncos are willing to either go with Keenum for a season and see how it pans out, while drafting the best player available, and continue to develop Lynch and Kelly.

Yes, if they are willing to trade back in the first round and get a QB later in round 1 or 2.

No, if they love one of the top 4 QBs they can only get at #10 or higher.

BTW: Cecil Lammey is convinced the Browns love Baker Mayfield and may try and draft him #4 over all, allowing them to take Saquon Barkley or Chubb #1 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Yes, if the Broncos are willing to either go with Keenum for a season and see how it pans out, while drafting the best player available, and continue to develop Lynch and Kelly.

Yes, if they are willing to trade back in the first round and get a QB later in round 1 or 2.

No, if they love one of the top 4 QBs they can only get at #10 or higher.

BTW: Cecil Lammey is convinced the Browns love Baker Mayfield and may try and draft him #4 over all, allowing them to take Saquon Barkley or Chubb #1 overall.
    Cecil Lammey is also a known colossal idiot that makes wild guesses that are almost always wrong. I say that not as someone who wants Baker (I do) but as someone who cannot stand Lammey.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information