Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Trade #5 Overall Pick To Bills For #21 and #22?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm on the "anyone but Cousins" train.

Clearly, I could be totally wrong, but I don't want the Broncos to pay what it's going to cost to get him. And, that cost is more than $$$
    Yea, you are pretty wrong here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, you are pretty wrong here.
    We'll see.

Cousins or trade everyone 29 or over.

Would these late round picks be equivalent to what the Bears gave up for Trubisky?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Why wouldn't we want more competition at the QB position?
    If you have two QB's, you have no QBs...QB battles are never a positive...Besides. Tyrod Taylor is hot nasty dumpster trash...

Tyrod isn't trash. He's a game manager with athletic ability.

But a QB competition is not the way to go. Had we just gone with Lynch, we would have either had a real QB or a better draft pick. Playing to mediocrity isn't the way to do it. Maybe we could have eeked in a wild card spot with better play, but the team wouldn't be going anywhere - just floundering and dying a slower death.

Cousins or first round QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Taylor is better than what we have now.
    I am not sure that's even true...Taylor is garbage. I doubt he could beat out Trevor and Lynch...

Anyone we draft will be better or bust.
    Given Elway's previous drafts, bust is the far more likely option.
    Taylor provides veteran leadership.
    I guess...

Obtaining Taylor allows us to draft BPA.
    No, because we would still need a QB, obtaining Taylor doesn't provide us any benefits at all in the draft. You don't hand the keys to the franchise to a terrible QB. We already did that twice with TS. Lets not repeat history ok?

Obtaining Taylor means we could take an extended look at Lynch and/or Kelly.
    Well yes, we won't have much choice but to take extended looks at them, Taylor won't be able to beat either of them out.

Shall I go on?
    You might want to, you are yet to make a compelling argument for why Taylor is a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Tyrod isn't trash. He's a game manager with athletic ability.

But a QB competition is not the way to go. Had we just gone with Lynch, we would have either had a real QB or a better draft pick. Playing to mediocrity isn't the way to do it. Maybe we could have eeked in a wild card spot with better play, but the team wouldn't be going anywhere - just floundering and dying a slower death.

Cousins or first round QB.
    He's kinda trash man...I defended trash pretty hardcore last year... he's a mobile Trevor Siemian only he's not as good as Trevor... I will grant you that he doesn't turn the ball over and that's nice, but he also doesn't score points and that isn't very nice. Not to mention the most he's ever had in passing yards is a paltry 35 yards over 3,000.

I don't see the appeal for a guy that isn't even better than the QB we were putting on the field last year. Is it just because he showed up in one game last year and beat our asses? Is that why everyone is so gung ho for him? The dudes terrible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I am not sure that's even true...Taylor is garbage. I doubt he could beat out Trevor and Lynch...

Given Elway's previous drafts, bust is the far more likely option.

I guess...

No, because we would still need a QB, obtaining Taylor doesn't provide us any benefits at all in the draft. You don't hand the keys to the franchise to a terrible QB. We already did that twice with TS. Lets not repeat history ok?

Well yes, we won't have much choice but to take extended looks at them, Taylor won't be able to beat either of them out.

You might want to, you are yet to make a compelling argument for why Taylor is a good option.
    Calling Taylor "garbage" is all I need to know about your take, which is trash in and of itself.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If you have two QB's, you have no QBs...QB battles are never a positive...Besides. Tyrod Taylor is hot nasty dumpster trash...
    This is such a tired cliche. Plenty of super bowl teams have had two good QBs.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Allen is way down the list of rookie QB's i would like to see on this team. Im really only comfortable with Rosen if we go high, but if we trade back i would like to see Browning or Falk as the choices. Im not sold on Allen at all at this point.

I still have this feeling we move up for Rosen. I think Elway is being real coy about it. All we have heard is baker baker baker and cousins cousins cousins. Rosen is better than all of them. And not a peep. My hunch is he likes Rosen a lot and is pulling a shanny. Leak about Nelson at 5, balk at cousins price tag and settle for a Keenum (all so that Rosen falls) just my hunch for now. Rosen is too good to not have heard anything about him.

Tyrod Taylor sucks, btw. Did anyone see how he played in the playoff game. He tebowed wide open guys. Wide open and missed them by a mile.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Tyrod Taylor sucks, btw. Did anyone see how he played in the playoff game. He tebowed wide open guys. Wide open and missed them by a mile.
    Didn't they play Jacksonville? You know, the team with the best defense last year?

Our vaunted defense in 2015 embarrassed a lot of good QB's.

I just don't get the Taylor hate. 62%+ completion rate, 7+ YPA, little turnovers. If our defense is as good as many here think it is, he'd be a nice fit.

Plus, Buffalo runs the ball more than passes. His stats aren't going to jump off the page at you. I'd take him, and take a flyer on Kelly or another QB drafted in later rounds.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Didn't they play Jacksonville? You know, the team with the best defense last year?

Our vaunted defense in 2015 embarrassed a lot of good QB's.

I just don't get the Taylor hate. 62%+ completion rate, 7+ YPA, little turnovers. If our defense is as good as many here think it is, he'd be a nice fit.

Plus, Buffalo runs the ball more than passes. His stats aren't going to jump off the page at you. I'd take him, and take a flyer on Kelly or another QB drafted in later rounds.

Thats great that they had the best defense. They were so good in fact that they scrared Tyrod and made him completely miss and overthrow WIDE open guys. He overthrew them, or bounced the ball to them. It was so so bad. I dont care about the score of that game. I care about hitting guys who were wide open or not. He did not do that.

I do however, like Kelly and I do want us to see what he has. I like him. Quite a bit. I like him more then Sam Darnold for example.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is such a tired cliche. Plenty of super bowl teams have had two good QBs.
    Lets take the most recent team to do so. Was Foles openly competing for the starting job? Nope, Wentz was the starter, Foles was there when needed, but he was never in play to start until injury forced him in.

Having two good QB's is fine, as long as there is a clear cut starter and a backup.

QB competitions, splitting reps. It isn't beneficial and it sets whoever ends up winning the competition back because they did not spend the entire offseason getting all of the starter reps.

Calling Taylor "garbage" is all I need to know about your take, which is trash in and of itself.
    If calling a spade a spade is trash, then you should try being trashy sometime.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

If calling a spade a spade is trash, then you should try being trashy sometime.
    That's racist.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information