Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Trade #5 Overall Pick To Bills For #21 and #22?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Ok, if we're getting Baker (which I'm fine with by the way) we aren't trading back to Buffalo, so then we're giving up picks for Tyrod. I don't think he's worth whatever pick he'd likely command when there are other FA options not currently under a contract that would make more viable sense.
    Well, I'm assuming he will be released, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I still can't believe they benched him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Get those picks and then package them to take Mr. UCLA. Cut worthless Trevor and put on the shiny shoes, boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

#5 for #21&22? Sounds like an Elway trade. Never seems to get proper value. As badly as we need bluechip talent, it would be asinine move all the way out of the top 10.

4. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Didn't they play Jacksonville? You know, the team with the best defense last year?

Our vaunted defense in 2015 embarrassed a lot of good QB's.

I just don't get the Taylor hate. 62%+ completion rate, 7+ YPA, little turnovers. If our defense is as good as many here think it is, he'd be a nice fit.

Plus, Buffalo runs the ball more than passes. His stats aren't going to jump off the page at you. I'd take him, and take a flyer on Kelly or another QB drafted in later rounds.
    Um ok, but Denver doesnt run nearly as well as Buffalo so that means that more pressure would be on Taylor to actually make plays which he cant do. Secondly, if Taylor was all that and a bag of chips than why on earth is a team that needs a QB so desperately (outside of Denver) looking to offload him? The problem with wanting to pick up Taylor is that Denver has been down this road the last 2 years with average QB play, they need to step up the game and get a player who can make plays happen and yes, Cousins can do that and he has proven that he can carry a team the last two years. Denver shouldnt be making a lateral move at QB, they need to upgrade especially if they still think they are contenders with the defense.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He is far better than what we currently have. It's really not debatable.
    Yeah let's be real here. Toss out the leadership and in 2015 Manning tossed 9 td and 17 picks. In the same year Taylor tossed 20 and 7. I think those numbers would work with our defense.

And before anyone says im comparing them please just stop. Im saying he doesnt tuen the ball over and we won the superbowl with a qb who was abysmal in the td to int ratio.
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 02-21-2018 at 10:21 AM.

8. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Ftr im a keenum or Cousins guy. Crazy how the late roumd guys from that draft are reframimg the narrative

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    In the same year Taylor tossed 20 and 7. I think those numbers would work with our defense.
    i don't-- not in 2018. . . IMO, that ship sailed when we foolishly let wade walk. . . the '15 defense isn't coming back. . . we need a real QB who can actually make some plays. . .

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

13. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Not only no, but wtf is wrong with King?! Unless the GM blows it, a top five pick is a franchise players; the kind you build a roster around for the next decade. To cite a convenient example: (By far) the best player the Broncos have is a #2 overall pick drafted 7 years ago. Is that worth a couple starting-to-mediocre players from the bottom of the 1st round? HELL, no! Players like that aren't the reason we went from 12-4 SB Champs to 9-7 non-qualifiers to a 5-11 bottom five team just that fast.

Top five picks are precious as much for rarity as potency. That's why the closer a team gets to the #1 overall pick, the better off they are going BPA instead of trying to call their shot in hopes the "best" at a given position that year at least makes the roster. We're 5-11: Name three positions where The X of the Decade wouldn't instantly dramatically improve the team. This isn't a Shane Ray scenario, where even a pretty good player at a particular spot's likely to wait MULTIPLE years behind MULTIPLE probable HoFers before becoming a regular contributor. A bona fide top five talent virtually ANYWHERE would start games NOW, likely winning 2-3 more than last year.

No one drools over the prospect of an extra #20-32 pick, certainly not at the cost of a #5; every single playoff team gets a pick like that, and how much did they help us all those seasons we reached the playoffs only to come up short because we had two few players capable of taking over games and dominating opponents? Did we win SB 50 because former #137 overall pick Malik Jackson fell on a fumble in the end zone, or because former #11 overall pick DeMarcus Ware was just a beat behind him after former #2 overall pick Von Miller forced that fumble in the first place? How many #20-32 picks do you think the Colts would've taken for the #1 overall picks they spent on Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck—and how much good would that have done?

Unless you're the Browns, use your top five overall picks to get the top five overall PLAYERS a team that picks in the top five desperately needs.
    This!

Not only no but hell no. Denver so rarely picks this high. Get a stud player.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    lol! his "highlights" are all 8-yard slants and screen passes. . . now show the jags game. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    lol! his "highlights" are all 8-yard slants and screen passes. . . now show the jags game. . .
    The Jags game was hilarious...Dude was sailing passes left and right. It's easy to not throw interceptions when your passes are miles away from both the receiver AND defenders...

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    And then in two years when "oops...Rudolph wasn't the guy we though he was" we're back to drafting QB's again because Taylor didn't pan out?

If we're going to draft a QB, we're only going to be HOPEFULLY in a top 5 position once for about another 5-10 years, might as well grab a guy that is towards the top of his class rather than a midpack project that may or may not pan out.

That's my opinion anyway.
    I'm right there with you except one problem. I don't see any of the likely FA QBs worth $20 mil/yr or more and I don't see any of the likely QBs in the first round being a "can't miss" guy worthy of the #5 pick. Plus, there are six such iffy first-round QBs so if you see clear separation in that group, stay at #5 and take that QB if he's still on the board. If you don't see much separation, I think it is good to trade down and get the best of who's left while cashing in on some quality depth. Maybe with the combine and the private workouts, one or two QBs will clearly separate themselves. As for now, I'm not there with any of them.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    In the same year Taylor tossed 20 and 7. I think those numbers would work with our defense.
    i don't-- not in 2018. . . IMO, that ship sailed when we foolishly let wade walk. . . the '15 defense isn't coming back. . . we need a real QB who can actually make some plays. . .
    If woods draws back all the ridiculous twraking he did last year and lets guys effing play then it would. You and i agree wholeheartedly on wade. For me it was akin to bringing chauncey back snd then trading him again. Effing hated it. All to save a position coach who just like vj has proved nada

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The only way I want to see us trade back is if we sign Cousins and we trade back and can still get Nelson.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I'm right there with you except one problem. I don't see any of the likely FA QBs worth $20 mil/yr or more and I don't see any of the likely QBs in the first round being a "can't miss" guy worthy of the #5 pick. Plus, there are six such iffy first-round QBs so if you see clear separation in that group, stay at #5 and take that QB if he's still on the board. If you don't see much separation, I think it is good to trade down and get the best of who's left while cashing in on some quality depth. Maybe with the combine and the private workouts, one or two QBs will clearly separate themselves. As for now, I'm not there with any of them.
    Worth it or not, most of the FA QB's are looking at the $20M+ range. That's where the QB market is this year. Supply vs demand. Right now there are a lot of teams in desperate need of a QB.

Personally. I see two guys that I wouldn't say are "can't miss" but are NFL ready enough to be successful in year one. Mayfield and Rosen. To draft either of those guys, we're going to need to be in pick #5. Even that may not get the job done as they could both be gone before our pick.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information