Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Trade #5 Overall Pick To Bills For #21 and #22?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Didn't they play Jacksonville? You know, the team with the best defense last year?

Our vaunted defense in 2015 embarrassed a lot of good QB's.

I just don't get the Taylor hate. 62%+ completion rate, 7+ YPA, little turnovers. If our defense is as good as many here think it is, he'd be a nice fit.

Plus, Buffalo runs the ball more than passes. His stats aren't going to jump off the page at you. I'd take him, and take a flyer on Kelly or another QB drafted in later rounds.
    He is far better than what we currently have. It's really not debatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I would truly rather get AJM than risk such big money in Cousins. AJM is an untested commodity as well and will come far cheaper.

IF they go FA, go a low priced, lower risk addition like AJM, then use a pick on another QB and an OT.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Lets take the most recent team to do so. Was Foles openly competing for the starting job? Nope, Wentz was the starter, Foles was there when needed, but he was never in play to start until injury forced him in.

Having two good QB's is fine, as long as there is a clear cut starter and a backup.

QB competitions, splitting reps. It isn't beneficial and it sets whoever ends up winning the competition back because they did not spend the entire offseason getting all of the starter reps.
    They didn't win it all that year, but the 2012 49ers are a good example. They had a pretty big midseason QB controversy.

2016-2017

Tyrod Taylor
    5,822 yards, 6.8 average yards per completion, 31 TD, 10 INT

Trevor Siemian
    5,686 yards, 6.75 average yards per completion, 30 TDs, 24 INT

Kirk Cousins
    9,010 7.85 average yards per completion, 52 TD, 25 INT

One of those three is in a different league than the other two (hint, it isn't TS or Tryhard Taylor)

Tyrod does a great job of protecting the ball, I'll give him that, but aside from not throwing nearly as many INTs, he's basically Trevor Siemian. Add to that, once Taylor's WR's went to another team they suddenly were way better with a QB who could actually feed them the ball.

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think my favorite idea for the off-season QB approach right now is to bringin Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield. I think they can run a similar offense and Mayfield could learn from TT for a while before taking over the reins.

Not sure why anyone would think Taylor is anything like Siemien. Taylor is kinda underrated IMHO.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

2016-2017

Tyrod Taylor
    5,822 yards, 6.8 average yards per completion, 31 TD, 10 INT

Trevor Siemian
    5,686 yards, 6.75 average yards per completion, 30 TDs, 24 INT

Kirk Cousins
    9,010 7.85 average yards per completion, 52 TD, 25 INT

One of those three is in a different league than the other two (hint, it isn't TS or Tryhard Taylor)

Tyrod does a great job of protecting the ball, I'll give him that, but aside from not throwing nearly as many INTs, he's basically Trevor Siemian. Add to that, once Taylor's WR's went to another team they suddenly were way better with a QB who could actually feed them the ball.
    KC also had a significantly higher number of attempts. A QB runs what the coach calls.

Fail. Again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think my favorite idea for the off-season QB approach right now is to bringin Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield. I think they can run a similar offense and Mayfield could learn from TT for a while before taking over the reins.

Not sure why anyone would think Taylor is anything like Siemien. Taylor is kinda underrated IMHO.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You probably should just go on and get used to the idea....it's probably gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

13. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You probably should just go on and get used to the idea....it's probably gonna happen.
    Lots of loud noises.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    They didn't win it all that year, but the 2012 49ers are a good example. They had a pretty big midseason QB controversy.
    I'll grant you that one example, however, that wasn't a controversy. They didn't go into camp competing. Alex Smith was their QB, injury forced that controversy. AND they made the wrong choice. The Niners would still be a competitive team had they not idiotically jettisoned Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    KC also had a significantly higher number of attempts. A QB runs what the coach calls.

Fail. Again.
    Coach could call more attempts if he could trust his crappy QB to actually do something with those attempts.

You take away Shady, Taylor is nothing. Shady was their offense, Taylor was only there to compliment Shady. Not turning over the ball helped him to be moderately effective at doing that.

We don't have a RB of that caliber on our team to make Taylor look better than he actually is.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm not gonna be upset if we sign Cousins, in fact I'd be really excited about it. I just think if I could write the ideal scenario it would be to find a franchise QB in the draft for the obvious longevity and cap reasons. It'd be amazing to have another career long 15+ year HOF FQB and that doesn't happen unless we draft him.

I personally think the 2 guys most likely to fit that category in this draft are Rosen or Mayfield. So I'd be pretty stoked with either of those 2 fellas.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Coach could call more attempts if he could trust his crappy QB to actually do something with those attempts.

You take away Shady, Taylor is nothing. Shady was their offense, Taylor was only there to compliment Shady. Not turning over the ball helped him to be moderately effective at doing that.

We don't have a RB of that caliber on our team to make Taylor look better than he actually is.
    Wait. What?

So, they had a good RB who they wanted to touch the ball often. More often than any pass play called. But that's Taylor's fault? And, how exactly does a RB make a QB look better?

Dude. Get some sleep.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I just found out that Keenum, Bradford and Bridgewater are all free agents. Absolutely, no way should Denver be giving up picks for Taylor. Any one of those three would be better than Taylor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm not gonna be upset if we sign Cousins, in fact I'd be really excited about it. I just think if I could write the ideal scenario it would be to find a franchise QB in the draft for the obvious longevity and cap reasons. It'd be amazing to have another career long 15+ year HOF FQB and that doesn't happen unless we draft him.

I personally think the 2 guys most likely to fit that category in this draft are Rosen or Mayfield. So I'd be pretty stoked with either of those 2 fellas.
    I'd be fine if we land Cousins. I just don't think he's worth the money.

I support anyone that wears the Orange and Blue. If he comes here, I'll be his biggest fan. Just not a fan now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information