Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: QB McCarron Wins Grievance - To Become Unrestricted Free Agent

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default QB McCarron Wins Grievance - To Become Unrestricted Free Agent

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...ed-free-agent/

Add A.J. McCarron to the list of free agent QB options when the new NFL year begins next month. McCarron won his grievance and his release from the Bengals. Plusses: He won't cost like Cousins and he has playoff experience. Seems very poised under pressure. Former national champion at Alabama. Minuses: Has never won an NFL starting job. Lacks a true fastball.

Projection: Modest upgrade over Siemian and possible starting material while shaking out other QB options (Lynch, Kelly, 2018 draftee). Won't lose many games but may not win many for you either. Can certainly be "game manager".
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, McCarron i dont think is a huge upgrade over what we have but after Jimmy G's contract i think Cousins and Foles will be to pricey in the end. If we do go with McCarron i think Denver still takes a QB high as i dont think they want to throw all their eggs into that particular basket.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

**** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I was high on him for the first few years coming out of college - but he could not beat out the red rifle, who is an above average qb - not a clutch or game changing qb, so i would rather role with siemien again as i see them very much the same type of player

If he would sign for a prove it deal, then maybe, we could still draft a qb early evaluate Kelly and cut ties if needs be after a year - but i bet he still gets about 18 a year, i would rather go big or go home and land cousins

The problems are

1) EVERYONE can bid on a FA and
    2) He's a QB; one widely viewed as a potential long term starter.

So even though he's a 4th-year 2-1 backup who couldn't beat out an erratic Andy Dalton, his asking price is likely to be north of $15M/yr, and just as likely to be paid. After all, that's $1M/yr less than a guy like OZ got two years ago, and NFL QB prices haven't exactly deflated. Do you want to roll those gold plated dice? Because the raw statistical history says you're a couple orders of magnitude more likely to pay through the nose for an Oz, Cassel or Flynn than for a Favre.

If the answer's still "yes, even a SLIM chance of a franchise QB, even at $15-20M/yr to find out, is worth it for a position so indispensably valuable" fine, but be prepared for a bidding war with the entire NFL over a player of largely unknown value. Remember: This is literally the sole reason the draft was created.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no. **** no.
    OK, mayyybe...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Katherine-Webb-FB17.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	11792

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    so i would rather role with siemien again as i see them very much the same type of player
    Shut the **** up!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

If McCarron is what were going to go with over Cousins then I'd rather us just draft a rookie and save the money.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Shut the **** up!!!
    I like the way Val thinks

If we play TS another year I'm going to spend Sundays very drunk and very sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

OK, mayyybe...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Katherine-Webb-FB17.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	11792

Whether or not McCarron is on the Broncos has no bearing on whether you can google his wife.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Whether or not McCarron is on the Broncos has no bearing on whether you can google his wife.

Google or oogle?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Google or oogle?
    Yes.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    The problems are

1) EVERYONE can bid on a FA and
    2) He's a QB; one widely viewed as a potential long term starter.

So even though he's a 4th-year 2-1 backup who couldn't beat out an erratic Andy Dalton, his asking price is likely to be north of $15M/yr, and just as likely to be paid. After all, that's $1M/yr less than a guy like OZ got two years ago, and NFL QB prices haven't exactly deflated. Do you want to roll those gold plated dice? Because the raw statistical history says you're a couple orders of magnitude more likely to pay through the nose for an Oz, Cassel or Flynn than for a Favre.

If the answer's still "yes, even a SLIM chance of a franchise QB, even at $15-20M/yr to find out, is worth it for a position so indispensably valuable" fine, but be prepared for a bidding war with the entire NFL over a player of largely unknown value. Remember: This is literally the sole reason the draft was created.
    Did an NFL free agent hurt you in some way?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Did an NFL free agent hurt you in some way?
    Not yet....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information