Poll: Josh McDaniels Worst Moment

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll - A Golden Shower of Memories of the Josh McDaniels Era!

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Default Poll - A Golden Shower of Memories of the Josh McDaniels Era!

Hey gang! there's lots to choose from, but because Softskull may have wanted to focus on McDaniel's mad draft skillz I thought a poll encompassing his entire career might be fun and help draw us all together!

Please pick your favorite memory!
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

When he beat the Patriots.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

By far, this.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

One of my favorites was when he'd smack his lips like a valley girl, but the very ultimate was when he got fired.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

This has the makings of a 5-Star thread.

When you look at that list of offenses, the Alphonso Smith deal doesn't jump out at you... But it got my vote and here's why: under no circumstances is it ever a good idea to trade a 1st round draft pick straight up for a 2nd round draft pick. If you are going to do it - you better be sure that you end up with a productive player for years to come. Instead, we ended up with 5'9" Alphonso Smith, who after doing absolutely nothing productive for a couple years, was later traded for 7th rounder Dan Grankowski (that's the shitty Gronkowski btw).

As if that wasn't enough - Seattle took our future first rounder and drafted Earl Thomas.

Just an objectively awful move.

Ah, memories.
    Last edited by Buff; 04-07-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He traded a 1st round pick in a loaded draft for a 2nd round pick in a shitty draft.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Best thread I've seen in a long time!

Great job Dread!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

11. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Oh and I picked 59-14.

Everything you need to know about Josh McDaniels is rolled into one big ball of shit for that game.

I was so tempted last night to do the annual bump for the FIRE MCDANIELS thread.....but this works!

13. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Oh and I picked 59-14.

Everything you need to know about Josh McDaniels is rolled into one big ball of shit for that game.

I was so tempted last night to do the annual bump for the FIRE MCDANIELS thread.....but this works!
    Had the pleasure of enduring that game with a good friend who's a raiders fan...zero shit was talked because he literally felt bad for me. That is the worst memory but the trades for Quinn, Smith, and Tebow were horrendous as well

15. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Had the pleasure of enduring that game with a good friend who's a raiders fan...zero shit was talked because he literally felt bad for me. That is the worst memory but the trades for Quinn, Smith, and Tebow were horrendous as well

Same here but I had a house full of them. They didnt say anything that day but the next day at work and everyday after that it was hell. I hate when my Broncos play like that....I can't think of anything worse. They were crackin wise jokes like hey whats you address again? Is it 5914 Critchett Way?? Hey is 5914 the last four of your phone #?? Just a bunch of stupid shit man....I never hated Josh McDaniels or anyone as much I did that day. All I could think about is how an axe going down onto his skull would feel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Forgot the "all of the above" but really for me its what really started it all, the Jay Cutler fiasco. While eventually Jay soured and pouted his way out of Denver none of it would of transpired if McD didnt try to get cute and secretly trade away a promising young QB with a team that already had the offensive nucleus to be a dominant power with some fine tuning. For me it was pretty much the beginning of the end for Josh as he had already showed the players and fans that he was not ready for primetime and most certainly was not intelligent enough to take what talent he had and mold it into his own system. Dude was way in over his head and was a horrible choice by Bowlen to succeed Shanahan by a large stretch. Just another BB underling who failed to live up to expectations although Denver as an organization should of learned that lesson after the first 3 underlings went on to fail as HC's before McDoosh.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It's hard to pick just one but I would pick Spygate because if anything epitomizes the "Patriot way" it was that mess. He lied to Bowlen and the public about his involvement in the original Spygate and then proceeded to do the same damn thing in Denver.

After getting my hopes up going 6-0 and then going 2-6 the rest of the season. That was hard to digest
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Ah, my first McD "hhmmm" moment was the release of Mike Leach and bringing in the $5.5 million ex-Patriot long snapper that he couldn't live without. Coaches make changes so it hardly registered.
    The Cutler move was my first "WTF" moment or as Dread delicately puts it, my first golden shower. By the time of his first draft, those showers became golden rain. When we reached spygate we were already in a golden hurricane.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    Ah, my first McD "hhmmm" moment was the release of Mike Leach and bringing in the $5.5 million ex-Patriot long snapper that he couldn't live without. Coaches make changes so it hardly registered.
    The Cutler move was my first "WTF" moment or as Dread delicately puts it, my first golden shower. By the time of his first draft, those showers became golden rain. When we reached spygate we were already in a golden hurricane.
    Dammit, I forgot to include the Mike Leach/Lonnie Paxton stupidity. Broke Frauschieze's heart, and I won't forgive that.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

24. The Following 7 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information