Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Colts hire Frank Reich as head coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Yes that is true that the Bills trailed 35-3 1:41 into the 3rd quarter. ON the kickoff, however, "The wind shifted the ball just before it was kicked by Al Del Greco. As a result, it became an unintentional squib kick that the Bills recovered with great field position at midfield." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co...ican_football)

As a result, Bills quickly scored to make reduce their deficit to 35-10 with 8:52 left in the 3rd quarter. The Bills then recovered an onside kick "and the Bills scored on the fourth play of their ensuing drive with Reich's 38-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Don Beebe. One of Beebe's feet went partially out of bounds during the run before he made the catch, and it should have been ruled by the officials as an illegal touching of the football; this was pointed out on ESPN's "NFL Primetime" postgame recap as well as by Todd Christensen on the NBC broadcast, but no penalty was called on the play. Then, the extra point made the score 35–17 with 7:46 left in the third quarter." The Patriots trailed 28-3 until 2:06 remained in the 3rd quarter. The Patriots overcame the 25 point deficit with less time left in the game and they did it in the Super Bow at a neutral site, while the Bills overcame their deficit at HOME in the AFC Championship Game, which is still an AMAZING accomplishment and comeback!

Finally, I can only image all of the conspiracy theories, rantings and crap that posters on here and through out the NFL would have proffered if the Patriots won a playoff or Super Bowl game because a Patriots' receiver's foot went partially out of bounds before he made the catch and the officials didn't call the catch illegal touching of the football.

My best friend at the time was a Bills' fan. My reaction to the train wreck that was their performance up to that point was a mixture of laughter & pity for my friend.

As far as all of the conspiracy theories, like I said before, it impossible for the refs to have a good angle to see everything that happens on every play. I have no doubt that if an itemized list of every bad call the made would balance themselves out over the course of a season. Its just when bad call goes in favor of the Patriots, the bias that most fans have against them do to their reputation results in fans making such erroneous assumptions.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Yes that is true that the Bills trailed 35-3 1:41 into the 3rd quarter. ON the kickoff, however, "The wind shifted the ball just before it was kicked by Al Del Greco. As a result, it became an unintentional squib kick that the Bills recovered with great field position at midfield." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co...ican_football)

As a result, Bills quickly scored to make reduce their deficit to 35-10 with 8:52 left in the 3rd quarter. The Bills then recovered an onside kick "and the Bills scored on the fourth play of their ensuing drive with Reich's 38-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Don Beebe. One of Beebe's feet went partially out of bounds during the run before he made the catch, and it should have been ruled by the officials as an illegal touching of the football; this was pointed out on ESPN's "NFL Primetime" postgame recap as well as by Todd Christensen on the NBC broadcast, but no penalty was called on the play. Then, the extra point made the score 35–17 with 7:46 left in the third quarter." The Patriots trailed 28-3 until 2:06 remained in the 3rd quarter. The Patriots overcame the 25 point deficit with less time left in the game and they did it in the Super Bow at a neutral site, while the Bills overcame their deficit at HOME in the AFC Championship Game, which is still an AMAZING accomplishment and comeback!

Finally, I can only image all of the conspiracy theories, rantings and crap that posters on here and through out the NFL would have proffered if the Patriots won a playoff or Super Bowl game because a Patriots' receiver's foot went partially out of bounds before he made the catch and the officials didn't call the catch illegal touching of the football.

If it'll make you feel better, I'm perfectly happy to call both The Comeback AND SB LI total travesties. Or should I say BS LIE?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information