Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: racial slurs are fine now?

Default racial slurs are fine now?

Just wondering when they became fine to throw around in posts?

I will await my CYP message for pointing it out, that's how it seems to work lately

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Uh oh, what happened?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If I say cracker is that a slur? What if there's a chink in my armor? What if I'm talking about cleaning and I say spic and span? What if I'm involved in a poker conversation and the word spade comes up?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

As i suspected, was just told I’m being reviewed for a ban. Do not point out when tned breaks the rules, its a death sentence

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Uh oh, what happened?
    In things that Rock when talking about pizza I used to have as a kid, I talked about nothing better than a couple hairy guineas making pies by tossing them in the air to perfection and Weazel pretty much lost it.

Anyway, now everyone is up to speed and can have an open chat on whether referring to my ancestors and relatives as guineas is a racial slur that should be banished...

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    As i suspected, was just told I’m being reviewed for a ban. Do not point out when tned breaks the rules, its a death sentence
    ?

I went and looked through the thread you were in and didnt see anything that would be ban worthy on your part. Did you curse the mods out or something?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    In things that Rock when talking about pizza I used to have as a kid, I talked about nothing better than a couple hairy guineas making pies by tossing them in the air to perfection and Weazel pretty much lost it.

Anyway, now everyone is up to speed and can have an open chat on whether referring to my ancestors and relatives as guineas is a racial slur that should be banished...
    While i dont think you intended to offend anyone it does make for an interesting debate. I mean, if i started telling stories about experiences i had where a guy i knew made a comment about little black kids on the basketball court as (you know) would that be kosher on here even if it was not something i said myself?

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with your antics with Carol last week, but the mods are not going to want to make this thread or your other transgressions a fight between us. As many people know, and the mods can attest, this account (Tned) does not have access to the mod areas and I've only logged in to that area (with Tned-admin account) a handful of times in the last 20 months, always at the mods request.

So, whatever beef you have with the mods is yours and yours alone, because I'm not involved in their discussions and I also get CYP posts when I cross the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    While i dont think you intended to offend anyone it does make for an interesting debate. I mean, if i started telling stories about experiences i had where a guy i knew made a comment about little black kids on the basketball court as (you know) would that be kosher on here even if it was not something i said myself?
    It's a fine debate, but that's not what this is about, Weazel took it as an opportunity to attack me, because I called him out for slamming Carol about a half dozen times last week, and it ended with him calling me a douchebag.

It's a fair debate to have, and once we do, then there is obviously a LOT that would have to be discussed in regards to the lounge and what's said there, and I'm open for that, but this thread has nothing to do with Weazel thinking anyone was or would be offended by the context of what I said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

There are no rules as to the uses of racial slurs in general. Obviously there is an intention to not allow just overtly/disgustingly offensive posts (there is a rule regarding what "most people would consider offensive"), however there there was no such report of an offensive post. Using slurs to attack members is never acceptable.

Posts were cleaned up in that thread so the public at large does not have a picture as to what happened in the thread.

If you have questions about the rules you can always PM a mod or ask questions in the rules/posting guidelines QA forum/thread.

12. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Incorrect. Absolutely do point it out. Just do it in the proper way, using the report post feature.

14. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

GEM

I'm sure it has nothing to do with your antics with Carol last week, but the mods are not going to want to make this thread or your other transgressions a fight between us. As many people know, and the mods can attest, this account (Tned) does not have access to the mod areas and I've only logged in to that area (with Tned-admin account) a handful of times in the last 20 months, always at the mods request.

So, whatever beef you have with the mods is yours and yours alone, because I'm not involved in their discussions and I also get CYP posts when I cross the line.

I have nothing against any of the mods here, where did I say I did?

It's a fine debate, but that's not what this is about, Weazel took it as an opportunity to attack me, because I called him out for slamming Carol about a half dozen times last week, and it ended with him calling me a douchebag.

It's a fair debate to have, and once we do, then there is obviously a LOT that would have to be discussed in regards to the lounge and what's said there, and I'm open for that, but this thread has nothing to do with Weazel thinking anyone was or would be offended by the context of what I said.
    I’m Italian, I find it offensive. I pointed it out and you got personal and then tried to make some awkward Canadian reference. Whatever man, all good

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I find it offensive that people are so easily offended.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following 7 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The way you guys cling to old world heritage cracks me up

Some dude from California once told me he was Scottish, so I asked where he was born..... America, but his grand parents were Scottish.....i was like cool, see ya

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information