Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: racial slurs are fine now?

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I find it offensive that people are so easily offended.
    Not really the point. Tned once lost his mind and called me a racist because I used the term “engrish” but actually using a slur is fine. Thats why I thought he was Asian.

Where do we draw the line, if I tell everyone I’m black I can start calling everyone the n word?

Also, this isn't about the Carol thread, why are you deflecting, tned? I wasn't even arguing with her in that thread, it was with you (its always you), in fact I messaged Carol privately so you might want to give up on that one.
    Last edited by weazel; 02-11-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Not really the point. Tned once lost his mind and called me a racist because I used the term “engrish” but actually using a slur is fine. Thats why I thought he was Asian.

Where do we draw the line, if I tell everyone I’m black I can start calling everyone the n word?
    Actually that does seem to be the socially accepted norm.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

You'd need to elaborate, but probably not. You may not direct racial slurs at other posters. This is in the rules. Please read them:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...and-Guidelines

3. No threats, name calling, ethnic or racist remarks, gender harassment or other type of posts that attack another poster or posters.

4. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

okay, I got my answer... slurs are fine, i will ignore them.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

okay, I got my answer... slurs are fine, i will ignore them.
    If that's what you got out of it, then I would claim that your question was insincere.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    If that's what you got out of it, then I would claim that your question was insincere.
    I was replying to chazoe, never seen yours.

Also, this isn't about the Carol thread, why are you deflecting, tned? I wasn't even arguing with her in that thread, it was with you (its always you), in fact I messaged Carol privately so you might want to give up on that one.
    Two suggestions:

1. If you are so easily upset by little things that you must "always" argue with me (your words), or me on ignore.

2. If you truly were offended, which I doubt anyone believes, then you should have just reported it, instead of what you just admitted, always arguing with me.

Life is too short to hold grudges for years and look for opportunities to lash out, but that's just my opinion, others may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Two suggestions:

1. If you are so easily upset by little things that you must "always" argue with me (your words), or me on ignore.

2. If you truly were offended, which I doubt anyone believes, then you should have just reported it, instead of what you just admitted, always arguing with me.

Life is too short to hold grudges for years and look for opportunities to lash out, but that's just my opinion, others may disagree.
    wait, what? That's your entire existence on this board dude! my private messages are full of people agreeing with me on this. LMAO, that's classic

Good point though, ignore works.

10. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

The way you guys cling to old world heritage cracks me up

Some dude from California once told me he was Scottish, so I asked where he was born..... America, but his grand parents were Scottish.....i was like cool, see ya
    By "You guys" do you mean Americans?

Because he was born here does that not mean he has a Scottish heritage? I guess I am failing to see your point. :shrugs:
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

wait, what? That's your entire existence on this board dude! my private messages are full of people agreeing with me on this. LMAO, that's classic

Good point though, ignore works.
    Seriously, let it go. There are much bigger problems in life than your perceived injustices I have perpetuated on you.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Dated a girl that was half-Italian. She said "Do you know how to tell if you have Italian tires? Dago, dago, dago, dago and when dago fastah dago guinea, guinea. guinea, guinea and when dago flat dago wop, wop, wop, wop..."

As you can tell by who told me the joke, she didn't find it offensive.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Dated a girl that was half-Italian. She said "Do you know how to tell if you have Italian tires? Dago, dago, dago, dago and when dago fastah dago guinea, guinea. guinea, guinea and when dago flat dago wop, wop, wop, wop..."

As you can tell by who told me the joke, she didn't find it offensive.
    Exactly. We have people that love to get offended for other people. Growing up, nobody got upset by mic, wop, dego, etc.

As the adage goes: If you go through life looking for things to get offended by, you will go through life constantly offended.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I think there's points to be made on either side to this.

I still think it boils down to the following:

1. Having an adult conversation to explain why you are offended. It's possible something good comes of that. If you are offended by even having to have said conversation, then see option 2.
    2. Put the offending poster on ignore and/or report posts you find offense with so they can be reviewed. Keep in mind that finding a post distasteful does not guarantee that it broke any rules. This is the internet after all.

I have nothing against any of the mods here, where did I say I did?
    Only your first two posts.

In the first post, you said they would unfairly send you CYP just for creating this thread.

In your second post, you said the mods would give you the death sentence for pointing out where I broke a rule (which it's worth pointing out, you didn't do).

So, two posts and twice you questioned the integrity of the mods.

It's one thing for you to carry on this imaginary feud that exists between you and I in your head, but you have no call to question/impugn the mods integrity.

If you think their should be a "no language that any group or culture could find offensive" rule created, then make a case to the community about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I'll add this FWIW. The post in question was in the Lounge, where language is MUCH less strenuously enforced, and Tned didn't direct it at another poster. That said, we would certainly draw the line at N....., because there is unique baggage attache to that one. We also probably wouldn't let it stand outside the Lounge
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

18. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information