Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X

Default iPhone X

Ok, a confession.

I have always been a Windows Phone user and fanboy. I have always made a habbit of making fun of Crapple and the iSheep.

However...Windows Phones have begun to really disappoint me lately and no matter how much MS tries, they just cannot get developer adoption.

I went to the dark side yesterday...

I bought the new iPhone X.

I love it.

There, I said it. I am not ready to join the iSheep yet, following the other sheep off the cliff at the announcement of the new latest and greatest "features" of the newest iPhone on the market, but I love this phone.

This feels like mobile should feel like and I now know what I have been missing all of these years using a Windows Phone. Everything just freaking works like it should. Wow.

Really the only think I feel it is missing that I wish it could do was wordflow(swype). That and I miss my glance screen that always displayed the time and amount of notifications on the screen when the phone was in standby. Other than that...wow.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The lack of swype would be a complete deal breaker for me. I can't go back to pecking letter by letter. My wife has an iPhone and when I have to type on it, it's awful.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You should have went with Android.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The lack of swype would be a complete deal breaker for me. I can't go back to pecking letter by letter. My wife has an iPhone and when I have to type on it, it's awful.
    I don't really understand why they don't. Android has had their version for years, Windows phone has had theirs for years, how can a premium mobile company not have this on their phones?

7. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

I thought long and hard about the X, Pixel 2 and the upcoming Galaxy 9.

It really came down to my dislike of the android os. I had androids in the past.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'm in the exact opposite boat. Been with apple for years, and I want out. Bad.

You will too.

My biggest beef is all the shit apple hides from users. They assume their users are dumb, and that the single solution to a problem is the "right" one and that users shouldn't ever need or want to do things differently than the way apple has deemed "correct". It's baked into their software via philosophy, and you will grow to loathe it.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I'm in the exact opposite boat. Been with apple for years, and I want out. Bad.

You will too.

My biggest beef is all the shit apple hides from users. They assume their users are dumb, and that the single solution to a problem is the "right" one and that users shouldn't ever need or want to do things differently than the way apple has deemed "correct". It's baked into their software via philosopher, and you will grow to loathe it.
    Well as mentioned, I haven't joined the iSheep so I have an out

I have the next 2 years for iPhone evaluation and will see what the state of the mobile industry is then

To be honest, I love the hardware on Samsung Galaxy Phones and was real close on waiting for the 9 to come out.

It came down to I have real reservations about the android os due to past experience and my phone was going to shit and I wasn't sure I wanted to wait for the Galaxy.

The iPhone X is a premium phone, feels excellent, looks excellent and "so far" behaves excellent. Very refreshing after years with the Windows Phone.

Now to be fair to android, it has been probably 6 years since I last used 1 and there may be improvements...

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I was an android guy for years, then finally switched to the iphone 5s a few years ago - loved it... But wanted to try the Google Pixel because I never really bought any of Apple's other products and have always been more of a PC guy, and a google fanboi.

The Pixel is fine - but is not superior to an iphone in any way... I miss the ease of use of the iphone and will definitely go back to the iphone on my next phone purchase.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You should have went with Android.
    Apple triggers you and Davii the same way Trump does to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I've had multiple iPhones and Androids, and iPhones aren't awful, I just hate how you can't customize anything/use 3rd party stuff to the level you can with Android.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

My only beef with iPhones is the memory and how much more the phone goes up in price for just a few GBs. It's ridiculous.

An effing 64 GB memory card doesn't cost $400.

18. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The biggest trivial gripe I've never gotten over about Android is their lack of a native podcast app. All of the ones I've tried are terrible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Apple triggers you and Davii the same way Trump does to me.
    Not quite. Most of my family (well, all the women) use an iPhone. The men use Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The biggest trivial gripe I've never gotten over about Android is their lack of a native podcast app. All of the ones I've tried are terrible.
    This is a good point.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

My experience with smart phones are:

Blackberry something (Bold maybe)
    Motorola Droid
    Lumia 928 (WP)
    Lumia Icon (WP)
    Lumia 950 (WP)

My only android experience was the Droid and it was not fond memories.

Compared to the list of WPs I have owned, all of them being the top windows phone on the market at that time, the X is the first premium phone I have ever bought that actually looks and feels premium.

The 950 I had for WP was premium, had awesome specs, but felt and looked like cheap plastic.

Love the all glass and stainless steel of the X.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information