Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I've had multiple iPhones and Androids, and iPhones aren't awful, I just hate how you can't customize anything/use 3rd party stuff to the level you can with Android.
    Give me an example of one thing that is possible on Android but not Apple... I'm not saying you're wrong, just that in practice it's never really been a factor for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Give me an example of one thing that is possible on Android but not Apple... I'm not saying you're wrong, just that in practice it's never really been a factor for me.
    On the hardware or the software or either are fair game?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    On the hardware or the software or either are fair game?
    Just something practical, that an average user would experience, not just a tech nerd thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Just something practical, that an average user would experience, not just a tech nerd thing.
    Ok, natively moving pictures to a flash drive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Not quite. Most of my family (well, all the women) use an iPhone. The men use Android.

This is a good point.
    iPhones are great if you aren't tech savvy.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 02-07-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As mentioned earlier, swype texting. You are stuck with the native text app on iOS. Android gives you tons of options.

What sucks about the swype is that I looked it up and it was apparently available for iPhone in ios 8, but it is no longer available for 11.

Hopefully someone comes up with an alternative, baffling that this isn't an option by default.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    What sucks about the swype is that I looked it up and it was apparently available for iPhone in ios 8, but it is no longer available for 11.

Hopefully someone comes up with an alternative, baffling that this isn't an option by default.
    That's another irritating thing that Apple did. They completely dropped support for 32 bit apps, forcing developers to re-do their apps to work with 64 bit. So even if you developed your app years ago and worked out all the bugs, Apple simply stopped letting it be used in IOS 11 unless the developer (who likely had moved on to other projects) redesigned it for 64 bit.

I'm not sure if that's what happened with this, but possible.

I do love the phone, the swype option missing sucks.

To poke fun at the iSheep it probably just means I am typing wrong, just like the people in the past that had antenna issues were simply holding their phones wrong

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I do love the phone, the swype option missing sucks.

To poke fun at the iSheep it probably just means I am typing wrong, just like the people in the past that had antenna issues were simply holding their phones wrong
    I don't know, I just use the speech to text. Typing anything on a phone is just miserable.

My much younger little sister can type like crazy on the thing and I just don't get it.

11. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't know, I just use the speech to text. Typing anything on a phone is just miserable.
    Yeah but that makes you look like an idiot in public, as well as obnoxious.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Yeah but that makes you look like an idiot in public, as well as obnoxious.
    Have you seen me post?

Looking like an idiot and seeming obnoxious is sorta my jam.

Also, i would argue that furiously pounding away with your fingers on something that can literally understand what you are saying, makes you the obnoxious one.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Have you seen me post?

Looking like an idiot and seeming obnoxious is sorta my jam.

Also, i would argue that furiously pounding away with your fingers on something that can literally understand what you are saying, makes you the obnoxious one.
    When I'm in public I don't need everyone else hearing my text conversations. Especially if I'm at work.

It also just sounds stupid saying stuff aloud like "How's it going question mark", "Talk to you later period", "Good to see you today exclamation point".

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

When I'm in public I don't need everyone else hearing my text conversations. Especially if I'm at work.

It also just sounds stupid saying stuff aloud like "How's it going question mark", "Talk to you later period", "Good to see you today exclamation point".
    When you are in public, everyone hears your normal conversations. Are you texting some really dark shit or something in public? "Siri, send a new text message to mark.... Mark comma new paragraph dude make sure you get shovels and lime this time period burying those hookers last time was stupid without the essentials"

And so what if you have to add grammar devices. Who cares how it sound if it saves time? And I would argue that it saves a TON of time, especially if you need to actually do some real communication.

17. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I have swype on my iphone 7

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information