Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's what it would cost the Broncos to sign Kirk Cousins

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

So we guarantee more money for less salary as the rumors are circulating.

Im good with that. Honestly, I think Cousins has yet to play his best.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Tebow?
    SWAG AND TEBOW. i would go to every game next season

I don't mind signing him - and I don't mind a full blown rebuild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    SWAG AND TEBOW. i would go to every game next season
    Have fun sitting alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Oh, we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    This is what some guy on ESPN that I've never heard of says:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-nfl-offseason
    There is no way Denver will give him $33mil guaranteed AAV over the first three years. Even though the cap hit is only $84mil over those years, they won't do it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Elway will get Von to restructure!

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Let's get this shit done.
    We joined a minor league baseball league? When did that happen?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    We joined a minor league baseball league? When did that happen?
    With VJ and our current roster of QB's (besides sunshine, who coaches overlook), most minor league baseball teams would kick our ass.

12. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Elway will get Von to restructure!
    As bad as Von wants Cousins here (he's even made his case to Kirk for why he should come her) I actually could see this happening.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I don't mind signing him - and I don't mind a full blown rebuild.
    I think it would depend on the rebuild. No Cousins and we draft Rosen or even Darnold, okay rebuild mode. We waste #5 on Allen because we’re still enamored with big armed guys with no accuracy? It’s more than a rebuild, it’s a disaster.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Any Bronco fan wanting Elway to break the bank on Cousins is not seeing what QBs giant salaries are doing to teams. Even though this SB this year was not exactly about defense, it is still defense that is key. If one QB's salary does not allow a team to field a defense, then it won't matter who the QB is. Ask Brees and his ability to throw for over 5000 yards every year while they had historically bad defenses.

Top 5 defenses as far as PPG this year.

1. Minnesota
    2. Jacksonville
    3. LA Chargers
    4. Philadelphia
    5. New England

The top 10 highest paid QBs, none of them have won it AFTER getting paid. Interesting note. In 2010 when the Packers won it and last time Rodgers has even been to a SB, the Packers that year were number 2 in the NFL in defense in PPG. They gave up 15 PPG. For perspective, the Broncos in 2015 gave up 18.5 PPG.

The very next year in the Packers preparing for the massive Rodgers contract that would have to match Brees's $100 million dollar contract, the Packers defense went from #2 in 2010 to #32 in 2011. As I said, the Packers have not been back to the SB, even though they have had arguably the best QB in the NFL.

Since Eli Manning got paid, since Flacco got paid, etc, those teams have been very inconsistent.

This team does not have much to give and you all want them to pay all of that to Cousins who has proved beyond any doubt that he cannot carry a team by himself? BTW, no QB can. Brady is the 17th highest paid QB.

16. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Any Bronco fan wanting Elway to break the bank on Cousins is not seeing what QBs giant salaries are doing to teams. Even though this SB this year was not exactly about defense, it is still defense that is key. If one QB's salary does not allow a team to field a defense, then it won't matter who the QB is. Ask Brees and his ability to throw for over 5000 yards every year while they had historically bad defenses.

Top 5 defenses as far as PPG this year.

1. Minnesota
    2. Jacksonville
    3. LA Chargers
    4. Philadelphia
    5. New England

The top 10 highest paid QBs, none of them have won it AFTER getting paid. Interesting note. In 2010 when the Packers won it and last time Rodgers has even been to a SB, the Packers that year were number 2 in the NFL in defense in PPG. They gave up 15 PPG. For perspective, the Broncos in 2015 gave up 18.5 PPG.

The very next year in the Packers preparing for the massive Rodgers contract that would have to match Brees's $100 million dollar contract, the Packers defense went from #2 in 2010 to #32 in 2011. As I said, the Packers have not been back to the SB, even though they have had arguably the best QB in the NFL.

Since Eli Manning got paid, since Flacco got paid, etc, those teams have been very inconsistent.

This team does not have much to give and you all want them to pay all of that to Cousins who has proved beyond any doubt that he cannot carry a team by himself? BTW, no QB can. Brady is the 17th highest paid QB.
    Out of curiosity, of the past SB winners where were their offenses ranked? I know Denver's was low because the 2015 was an outlier of a once in a lifetime defense. But im curious where the offenses were ranked for the SB teams that had won in the past 10 years.
    Last edited by Northman; 02-08-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Out of curiosity, of the past SB winners where were their offenses ranked? I know Denver's was low because the 2015 was an outlier of a once in a lifetime defense. But im curious where the offenses were ranked for the SB teams that had won in the past 10 years.
    I will look it up later. What I do know is the top 10 most prolific PASSING OFFENSES (yards and TDs) in the history of the NFL, only one won the SB (99 Rams.) Typically, it is an offense that is balanced.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Nevermind, i went and looked it up. Most of the teams that have won have at least had a top 10 offense so that does play a huge part in the success of SB winners.

2017. Philadelphia- 3rd
    2016. New England- 2nd
    2015. Denver- 16th
    2014. Mew Emgland- 11th
    2013. Seattle- 18th
    2012. Baltimore- 16th
    2011. Green Bay- 3rd
    2010. New Orleans- 6th
    2009. Pittsburgh- 7th
    2008. NY Giants- 7th
    2007. Indianapolis Colts- 5th

Also, Cousins has proven he can carry a team at least in terms of stats. The last two years he has had NOTHING to work with on offense yet has put up numbers. If you are implying that Foles carried the Eagles to a SB title you would be very wrong. He played a part but he was surrounded by far better talent. I know you want to keep beating this drum about QB's getting paid and then doing nothing (which is false by the way) but then you would be advocating changing QB's every couple of years based on a short term success with the team. You are then saying that Denver should take a scrub QB (which we already have) and then PRAY that they can win a SB on a defense that isnt near as good or ever will be to the 2015 team, and then drop the QB and replace him with another scrub/young QB and again PRAy that the team can repeat its success. I dont know if you have been paying attention the last couple of years because in order to even compete for a SB you have to have a very good to great QB on the roster tp even make the playoffs. Backup and subpar QB's can only get you so far and generally they have success when the team around them is much better and can CARRY them.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information