Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Here's what it would cost the Broncos to sign Kirk Cousins

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Then say no to Darnold, too. And Allen because his school doesn't produce anything. And Wentz, because his school didn't...wait a minute.

Rosen is physically superb and he's the best mind in the entire draft. Show me a QB who can pass like him, who thinks like him, and who is as competitive as him. Show me that guy, and that's who I want.
    Actually Darnold was who I was thinking of...USC, not UCLA, carry on. I have no beef against Rosen.
    Rosen is a bust waiting to happen. As I said before he Sam Bradford Frailty wise without Bradford's intangibles and personality. Look at the guy man slight shoulders he's built like an MIT engineer. I know he throws the best ball in the draft. But Kenny work well with other people? For me if I'm doing that. I'm going Sam or Baker.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Rosen is a bust waiting to happen. As I said before he Sam Bradford Frailty wise without Bradford's intangibles and personality. Look at the guy man slight shoulders he's built like an MIT engineer. I know he throws the best ball in the draft. But Kenny work well with other people? For me if I'm doing that. I'm going Sam or Baker.
    This biggest concern I have with Rosen is that he’s already suffered an injury to his throwing shoulder and had 2 concussions this past year. Both are absolute no nos when looking at a QB, IMO. The thought of us drafting him high and either he can’t finish a season due to injuries, or worse he “retires” after his next concussion or a season or two because so many oft concussed players are doing it now or because he just doesn’t need the money. He comes from money.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post

Can he work well with other people? Well, he's a dominating personality that is hyper competitive and needs to win. **** yeah he can. As far as his build, I've seen Bradford in person, and Rosen isn't a giant, but they don't the same to me, man. They don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Can he work well with other people? Well, he's a dominating personality that is hyper competitive and needs to win. **** yeah he can. As far as his build, I've seen Bradford in person, and Rosen isn't a giant, but they don't the same to me, man. They don't.
    Bradford is actually bigger

Rosen doesn't look smaller.

Guys, I don't think Baker, and Russell, and Brees, can make it. They small.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Rosen doesn't look smaller.

Guys, I don't think Baker, and Russell, and Brees, can make it. They small.
    Baker won't make it because he sucks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Damn.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Man, it's hard to say a dude with that college production sucks.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Well, Tebow did win 2 national championships.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

He doesn't "suck". Nobody with a brain who watched a single game of his would say "he sucks." The question is whether he relies too much on his feet and isn't a good enough passer and at reading defenses to be an elite QB in the NFL. He's also smaller than coaches want, assuming that bigger QBs are more likely to be more durable.

That's a prejudice of GMs whether warranted or not. They still want to draft a guy like Josh Allen, because he's 6'5" 233 lbs rather than Mayfield whom scouts breathed a sigh of relief when he measured out at 6'0" 216 lbs.

NFL Football is a sport where they never heard of "Moneyball" and don't like it. College football is way ahead of their thinking.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I keep on trying to square your opinion with what I've seen from him the last 3 years, and I can't.

Pat Kirwin the other day on Sirius/XM NFL channel summed up Mayfield along these lines, "Very accurate, can make all the throws, hits the open shoulder, not just gets it to the receiver, but the open shoulder. Can make plays with his feet when protection breaks down, but always keeps his eyes downfield. He's tall enough, I think he'll make a fine NFL QB."

That's a paraphrase, but pretty close to what he had to say. And I have to say I can't find much to disagree with there.

So, I hope we pick him up. I'd much rather develop around him than pay Cousins $30 million. I'll predict that whoever gets Mayfield is getting a true NFL quality starter.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Mo sees a midget bonehead who doesn't have NFL playmaking ability. I don't fault him, though I don't agree or disagree. BM is the ultimate wildcard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

MO hates baker like a preacher hates sin!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Do you know who Timmy Chang is?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I keep on trying to square your opinion with what I've seen from him the last 3 years, and I can't.

Pat Kirwin the other day on Sirius/XM NFL channel summed up Mayfield along these lines, "Very accurate, can make all the throws, hits the open shoulder, not just gets it to the receiver, but the open shoulder. Can make plays with his feet when protection breaks down, but always keeps his eyes downfield. He's tall enough, I think he'll make a fine NFL QB."

That's a paraphrase, but pretty close to what he had to say. And I have to say I can't find much to disagree with there.

So, I hope we pick him up. I'd much rather develop around him than pay Cousins $30 million. I'll predict that whoever gets Mayfield is getting a true NFL quality starter.
    We’ll see. I don’t see it. I see a guy with a crazy good senior season who was a late-round guy six months ago. The only thing that’s changed from then is a playoff berth.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information