Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts hire Josh McDaniels as head coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Most likely Indy was not being completely honest with Josh about Andrew Luck's health. If they led him to believe Luck would be fine for 2018 and JMD is now hearing reports of a 2nd shoulder surgery then I don't blame him one bit.

Colts fans can't believe he left their city high and dry.

Name:  colts.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  6.4 KB

5. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

All the sports talking heads are saying this could be a signal that Josh was promised the head coaching job eventually with New England. Is this a sign that Bill is on the way out soon? Crazy if true.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    All the sports talking heads are saying this could be a signal that Josh was promised the head coaching job eventually with New England. Is this a sign that Bill is on the way out soon? Crazy if true.
    It's the only thing that makes sense. Otherwise, he just torpedoed his coaching career.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I'm not buying that.

Here's what I think happened: Josh's four kids and wife enjoy living in NE. They did not want to be uprooted from their friends in the middle of the school year and were very saddened to move. When Josh got back from the Super Bowl trip his wife and kids were probably bawling about the move. That's a very powerful emotion and he had a last minute change of heart.

Rather than criticize Josh as a selfish punk he should be applauded for placing his families well-being over the harsh criticism he was going to receive from the football world.

9. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That is the spin of the century.

11. The Following 9 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Patriots are the scummiest piece of shit organization in all of American sports.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This isn't spin. This is what think actually happened. Josh will have to come out and explain himself and I am pretty sure he will say his family was devastated to leave NE.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Not according to the below article which reports:

Family considerations had been weighing heavily on McDaniels' mind recently, according to those close to him. He had grown to appreciate the stability he had provided for his wife, Laura, and their four children. As the move to the Colts became a reality, the idea of moving his family again began to give McDaniels some pause. McDaniels' experience of being in Denver (2009-10) and then St. Louis (2011) -- and the impact that had on his family -- has made him appreciate stability. He has been in New England since 2012.
    http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england...h-the-patriots
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

16. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

WTE

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Not according to the below article which reports:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england...h-the-patriots
    Oh give me a ******* break. Nothing changed with his family in the 48 hours after the Super Bowl. What changed was Kraft's disposition, and Joshy didn't care how many dozen people he screwed over as long as he got what he wanted.

18. The Following 9 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    This isn't spin. This is what think actually happened. Josh will have to come out and explain himself and I am pretty sure he will say his family was devastated to leave NE.
    Still kinda crappy to do it the way he did, sounds like they even hired some assistants already.

I like to think that Tom Brady just showed up to his house with a boombox held over his head in a grand romantic gesture to get him to stay. No music. No context. Just an intense stare and dimpled smile. Here is my artists rendition:

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I retract every reasonable thing I ever said about this petulant little man child:

FYI ESPN subsequently clarified and corrected the information contained in the quoted tweet:
    Four coaches who would have been members of McDaniels' staff in Indianapolis told ESPN's Dianna Russini on Tuesday night they were blindsided and had yet to hear from him. But a source familiar with the situation later told ESPN's Josina Anderson that McDaniels has "spoken to every one (of the would-be assistants) a while ago, shortly after (talking to) Indy."
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...gland-patriots
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Oh give me a ******* break. Nothing changed with his family in the 48 hours after the Super Bowl. What changed was Kraft's disposition, and Joshy didn't care how many dozen people he screwed over as long as he got what he wanted.
    I completely disagree. He came back from Minneapolis and saw his kids bawling their brains out saying goodbye to their friends. He saw his wife sick to her stomach looking at schools for their kids in Indianapolis and he changed his mind at the last minute.

I agree he could have handled this more professionally but in the end I feel he made the absolute best decision for his family.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I completely disagree. He came back from Minneapolis and saw his kids bawling their brains out saying goodbye to their friends. He saw his wife sick to her stomach looking at schools for their kids in Indianapolis and he changed his mind at the last minute.

I agree he could have handled this more professionally but in the end I feel he made the absolute best decision for his family.
    Then he is a child. Don't hire all of your assistants and string an organization along for weeks if you are unsure. Even if it was 100% family motivated, which I surely don't believe, this still makes him a bad and selfish person.

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information