Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts hire Josh McDaniels as head coach

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Because Irsay didn't back out of a deal?
    There was no deal. It's not a deal unless it is in writing. The whole process the NFL has set up that only allows to hire another team's coach until after their season ends makes no sense. Why can't they let them sign an actual binding contract after the conference championship games? I don't see the harm with that.

But there was nothing preventing Irsay from continuing to interview candidates while Josh was still in the playoffs and not under contract with Indy. Nothing.

He might have interviewed Vrabel, been impressed, not have any reservations about moving his family and immediately give him the contract instead.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Report: Deflategate plays role in Robert Kraft keeping Josh McDaniels with Patriots

The relationship between the New England Patriots and the Indianapolis Colts is still frosty, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft wanted to stick it to the Colts by retaining offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. So even after the Colts had announced the hiring of McDaniels, Kraft intercepted McDaniels by sweetening his deal with New England.

Deflategate, the source of Kraft's bitterness with the Colts, played a role in this strange turn of events.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...58N?li=BBnb7Kz

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No. He's really not. He shows his true troll colors from time to time, this is just one of those times.
    Just shut up. We're having a debate without name calling until your angry ass shows up. You're the troll.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    There was no deal. It's not a deal unless it is in writing. The whole process the NFL has set up that only allows to hire another team's coach until after their season ends makes no sense. Why can't they let them sign an actual binding contract after the conference championship games? I don't see the harm with that.

But there was nothing preventing Irsay from continuing to interview candidates while Josh was still in the playoffs and not under contract with Indy. Nothing.

He might have interviewed Vrabel, been impressed, not have any reservations about moving his family and immediately give him the contract instead.
    Lol, and you really wonder why people think the pats are scummy?

When you look at every deal like a boat race to see who can screw the other guy first....
    Last edited by wayninja; 02-07-2018 at 10:59 AM.

6. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Why would Irsay continue to interview head coaches when McDaniels had accepted the job?

8. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Why would Irsay continue to interview head coaches when McDaniels had accepted the job?
    Because, that's how you have to do business with vipers. Until you sign, you are the enemy, to be screwed.

That's clearly the mentality here.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Just shut up. We're having a debate without name calling until your angry ass shows up. You're the troll.
    There's no debate. It's just typical you. Defend, deny, deflect any and all criticism of Mother Patriots even when there is literally no defense for such a terrible move. It was a dick move, period, regardless of why he did it. I'm not claiming it was revenge, or for his family, or whatever. I'm saying it was a dick move regardless of his reasoning. You refuse to admit wrong-doing by him no matter the circumstances. You even defended a murderer. So yes, when it comes to things along these lines, you are a troll. Embrace it. Hell, nobody chose your name/moniker for you.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

WTE you could compete in the Olympics with these mental gymnastics.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Even McD's own agent thinks he's an idiot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...making-mistake

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I writing? So a verbal commitment and a handshake means nothing anymore I guess.
    McDousch is not a man of his word.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

I think McDaniels might have done well with Luck but as a HC I think the Colts should be happy if they can nab the "consolation" prize of Frank Reich who has coached as a position coach in Indy before and has had success as a OC. I think he can do wonders for Luck.

No, you guys are out of control. In 1997 Bill Parcells spurned NE for NYJ even though he was under contract with NE and you guys could have cared less.

Now Josh spurned Indy for NE even though he was not under contract with Indy and you guys are freaking out. Give me a break.
    I'm not freaking out, I think its funny. I couldn't care less about Indy, although I kind of feel for the poor saps he conned into thinking they had new jobs.
    Last edited by weazel; 02-07-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

As much as a dick move as this is in the type of industry that it is, this really isn't that uncommon in the real world.

People do things like this all the time.

I myself turned down a job this past summer after accepting it and less than a week from starting, and I am glad that I did as I was not feeling comfortable and it gave me the opportunity to continue looking and I fell into a great situation with the job I did end up taking in the end.

This will possibly hurt his chances at getting an opportunity down the road but let us not forget these people are humans as well living life just as we in the public do, and a job is something you have to feel comfortable doing or working with.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    As much as a dick move as this is in the type of industry that it is, this really isn't that uncommon in the real world.

People do things like this all the time.

I myself turned down a job this past summer after accepting it and less than a week from starting, and I am glad that I did as I was not feeling comfortable and it gave me the opportunity to continue looking and I fell into a great situation with the job I did end up taking in the end.

This will possibly hurt his chances at getting an opportunity down the road but let us not forget these people are humans as well living life just as we in the public do, and a job is something you have to feel comfortable doing or working with.
    How many people did you hire before backing out?

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    How many staff did you hire before backing out?
    0, and it is certainly a different type of industry. And it is s dick move.

Just stating that things like this DO happen in the real world.

24. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information