Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Colts hire Josh McDaniels as head coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default This isn't the first time Belichick promised to show McDaniels how to be a head coach

It's been one week since Josh McDaniels left the Colts standing, mouth agape, at the alter. And in the hours and days that followed, we got a sense for why the Patriots offensive coordinator got cold feet. There were the concerns about uprooting his young family, as well as New England owner Bob Kraft reportedly relishing any chance to stick it to the Colts, but according to ESPN.com's Mike Reiss, one of the big selling points was Bill Belichick promising to give McDaniels a peek behind the curtain.

Specifically: The head coach would show his assistant the inner workings of building a roster and managing the salary cap, which would be invaluable in preparing McDaniels for his next coaching opportunity

But here's the thing: Pro Football Talk, via an eagle-eyed reader, notes that way back in 2008, when McDaniels was in his first run as the Pats' offensive coordinator -- and before he imploded as the Broncos' head coach -- he got a peek behind the "here's how to prepare to be an NFL coach" curtain. Jim Trotter, then writing for Sports Illustrated explained in this piece published in October 2009 exactly how it went down.
    rest - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...-a-head-coach/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

If there was anyone in the NFL that I really mind seeing get his ass kicked then it would be McDoushy.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

The link to the other article about McDumass' agent "firing" HIM says it all: Ever since cheating and cussing his way to an 11-17 record and early exit from Denver, each and every mention of him has been accompanied by the obligatory observation to the effect that "maybe he was just too young and unready, but he'll wait a long time for another HC offer, and really needs to redeem himself when it comes." Yet THIS is what he did with his next HC offer, so he probably shouldn't expect another—EVER.

It's especially amusing to hear McDumbass reneged on Indy, leaving all his newly hired assistants hanging, solely because Kraft promised the keys to the Death Star once Belicheat hangs up his hoodie: Kraft's known his character and ability far better and longer than any other GM, so it's hard to imagine him putting his franchises future in those demonstrably incapable hands. Believing otherwise and screwing over everyone else for himself illustrates why McDumbass is unfit to coach peewee football:

"Men, football is about CHARACTER. Now, can one of you loan me $200 for hookers and blow; I'm TOTALLY good for it, honest...."
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    The link to the other article about McDumass' agent "firing" HIM says it all: Ever since cheating and cussing his way to an 11-17 record and early exit from Denver, each and every mention of him has been accompanied by the obligatory observation to the effect that "maybe he was just too young and unready, but he'll wait a long time for another HC offer, and really needs to redeem himself when it comes." Yet THIS is what he did with his next HC offer, so he probably shouldn't expect another—EVER.

It's especially amusing to hear McDumbass reneged on Indy, leaving all his newly hired assistants hanging, solely because Kraft promised the keys to the Death Star once Belicheat hangs up his hoodie: Kraft's known his character and ability far better and longer than any other GM, so it's hard to imagine him putting his franchises future in those demonstrably incapable hands. Believing otherwise and screwing over everyone else for himself illustrates why McDumbass is unfit to coach peewee football:

"Men, football is about CHARACTER. Now, can one of you loan me $200 for hookers and blow; I'm TOTALLY good for it, honest...."
    Except Kraft DIDN'T promise he'll succeed BB. Just gave him a raise and BB promised to tutor him in being a HC, a promise he made before including before he came to Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Except Kraft DIDN'T promise he'll succeed BB. Just gave him a raise and BB promised to tutor him in being a HC, a promise he made before including before he came to Denver.
    Oh, well that's OK then. Seems like semantics; even if we ignore rumors the Garoppolo trade revealed a rift with Belicheat and the valid questions of whether either he or his 40-year-old QB can succeed with out each others role in their rigged "system," Belicheat's already 65 himself, and drives himself hard in what was already a very taxing job (just ask Gary Kubiak.) It's clear they're reaching the end of that road, and just as clear Kraft isn't giving McDumbass a raise and heavy tutoring from Belicheat just to deny a cross-division team a HC: He's preserving and trying to improve a contingency he'll need to exercise soon.

All that's good news for McDumbass, because between what he pulled here and what he just did to Indy none of the other 31 owners will EVER believe he has the wisdom or character to be trusted with their franchises.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information