Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Are moderators allowed to self moderate threads they are a part of?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Let's not go down the road of why North left the mod team, it wasn't a very good look at the time. I've seen you get defensive when your integrity or the likes are called into question. I've seen just about everyone behave the same way. So let's keep that in mind.

We are mods and we do have to be held to a higher standard, but we're also human. When your integrity is called into question, especially when other mods and the poster whose post was deleted have pointed out that the deleted post was inconsequential, it tends to upset a person. The post was deleted because it was posted after ninja asked for the thread to get back on track. Something we've all done as mods. Then to continually after that call his integrity into question even after several posts to the contrary is just plain out of line.

This thread has gone as far as it can constructively.
    Before you close it down, can I post something delete worthy again?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Let's not go down the road of why North left the mod team, it wasn't a very good look at the time. I've seen you get defensive when your integrity or the likes are called into question. I've seen just about everyone behave the same way. So let's keep that in mind.

We are mods and we do have to be held to a higher standard, but we're also human. When your integrity is called into question, especially when other mods and the poster whose post was deleted have pointed out that the deleted post was inconsequential, it tends to upset a person. The post was deleted because it was posted after ninja asked for the thread to get back on track. Something we've all done as mods. Then to continually after that call his integrity into question even after several posts to the contrary is just plain out of line.

This thread has gone as far as it can constructively.
    Let's not go and misdirect our allusions. I personally did not question Ninja's or anybody's integrity.

And, yes, I speak as a hypocrite when I speak up about such matters. There's not a one of us who
    can avoid that. But that doesn't mean I should not speak up. I was the second mod on this board,
    following Carol by about five minutes, and the first poster. I was a co-founder (although Tned did
    most of the founding). The only reason I mention this is that I have a vested interest in this board,
    and anything that happens to it I take personally. So I feel the compulsion to speak up when I feel
    the need.

So, if your thing is calling one's integrity, please address those who did it. Once again, I did not.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Let's not go and misdirect our allusions. I personally did not question Ninja's or anybody's integrity.

And, yes, I speak as a hypocrite when I speak up about such matters. There's not a one of us who
    can avoid that. But that doesn't mean I should not speak up. I was the second mod on this board,
    following Carol by about five minutes, and the first poster. I was a co-founder (although Tned did
    most of the founding). The only reason I mention this is that I have a vested interest in this board,
    and anything that happens to it I take personally. So I feel the compulsion to speak up when I feel
    the need.

So, if your thing is calling one's integrity, please address those who did it. Once again, I did not.
    She didn't say you did. Her point was we're all human, and when our own integrity is called into question (including when it happens to you) people defend themselves (including you). At least two posters in this thread were questioning Ninja's integrity.

Plus, we're all aware of your past and relationship to this board. We've heard it multiple times now.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

GEM

the need.

It explains Ninja's defensiveness. You called Ninja on being defensive, I explained why he got defensive.

Funny...you're being defensive just on thinking I was calling yours into question. See how that works.

I also have a vested interest in this board as I see everyone here as family, to me. I love me some north, I love me some ninja. Anyone here calling each others integrity into question is just not ok. I would stick up for north just like I stuck up for ninja. It's just unnecessary comments that do nothing constructive for the board.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Plus, we're all aware of your past and relationship to this board. We've heard it multiple times now.
    Some say his best initial move was recruiting me.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    She didn't say you did. Her point was we're all human, and when our own integrity is called into question (including when it happens to you) people defend themselves. At least two posters in this thread were questioning Ninja's integrity.

You may hear it again. I had a reason for mentioning it, and I stated the reason, but that apparently escaped you.

Questioning one's integrity is serious, and Ninja -- or anyone else -- should speak up in his behalf. It was just the
    way he worded it that was uncalled for, IMO. And, again, I speak as a hypocrite because I have had my hackles
    raised and spouted off in ways that I shouldn't have in the past. But I believe I do speak from a position of interest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

It explains Ninja's defensiveness. You called Ninja on being defensive, I explained why he got defensive.

Funny...you're being defensive just on thinking I was calling yours into question. See how that works.

I also have a vested interest in this board as I see everyone here as family, to me. I love me some north, I love me some ninja. Anyone here calling each others integrity into question is just not ok. I would stick up for north just like I stuck up for ninja. It's just unnecessary comments that do nothing constructive for the board.
    You are interpreting my emotions, and you are interpreting wrong. I'm not defensive. Just explaining myself.
    The way you expressed your post caused me to understand you were implicating me. So I took you wrong on
    that. Sorry about that.

And yes, little has been said in this thread that really has been constructive. We're in agreement there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Some say his best initial move was recruiting me.
    The board needed somebody to ban . . .

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I know what top is talking about and why he made the comment you did it just goes to further prove my point

This thread is making Von Kinger turn into Von Sadder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    This thread is making Von Kinger turn into Von Sadder.
    There, there now, let's go get an ice cream cone, okay?

16. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

NO. VK will just eat it in front of me and that ain't cool.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

You may hear it again. I had a reason for mentioning it, and I stated the reason, but that apparently escaped you.

Questioning one's integrity is serious, and Ninja -- or anyone else -- should speak up in his behalf. It was just the
    way he worded it that was uncalled for, IMO. And, again, I speak as a hypocrite because I have had my hackles
    raised and spouted off in ways that I shouldn't have in the past. But I believe I do speak from a position of interest.
    Ok, well since it was brought up, I'll speak up. Mods are held to a higher standard, but that doesn't mean I'm a punching bag. If you want to question my integrity, expect yours to be equally called into question. I don't see how that is uncalled for. This thread went way beyond questioning my moderator actions.

My (volunteer) job here isn't to preserve peoples feelings, or provide a sense of comfort for unwarranted paranoia. The question was asked and answered several times, and each time met with an argument or a denial. The other moderators reviewed my actions and found them to be in line with the "rules" as it was asked and consistent with what I had already claimed.

I'd like to request, officially, of the other moderators, that this thread get closed/blackholed as nothing good will come of it remaining open, since the issue was addressed. Any new issues can get new threads, and problem posts can get reported as usual.

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    NO. VK will just eat it in front of me and that ain't cool.
    That's okay. I'll lend you the money for one. Low interest.

22. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Ok, well since it was brought up, I'll speak up. Mods are held to a higher standard, but that doesn't mean I'm a punching bag. If you want to question my integrity, expect yours to be equally called into question. I don't see how that is uncalled for. This thread went way beyond questioning my moderator actions.

My (volunteer) job here isn't to preserve peoples feelings, or provide a sense of comfort for unwarranted paranoia. The question was asked and answered several times, and each time met with an argument or a denial. The other moderators reviewed my actions and found them to be in line with the "rules" as it was asked and consistent with what I had already claimed.

I'd like to request, officially, of the other moderators, that this thread get closed/blackholed as nothing good will come of it remaining open, since the issue was addressed. Any new issues can get new threads, and problem posts can get reported as usual.
    I understand. Nothing personal. Just expressing my opinion, but that doesn't mean I'm necessarily right.

And thank you for your service.
    Last edited by topscribe; 02-06-2018 at 06:13 PM.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information