Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Are moderators allowed to self moderate threads they are a part of?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I called Joe an old Dinosaur, for calling me ignorant. Did he delete Joe's comment? If not, there is bias and goes to exactly what im talking about.
    It's a good thing you brought it up in TH but I think its more making a mountain out of a mole hill. You've been here before. You should understand my friend.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yes Turf, i have been here thats why i wondered if the rules have changed. When i was a mod i was told emphatically that i was not to self moderate a forum that i was partaking in. I dont know if im making a mountain out of a mole hill or just trying to put a stop to something that could soon spiral out of control with the mod team. If the rules have changed and mods can now self moderate than fine, ill drop it. But if the rules are still in place for that than i think it does need to be addressed. IMO

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

What moderation are you referring to, North?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    What moderation are you referring to, North?
    You deleting posts that arent your own in a thread that you are a part of.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

You deleting posts that arent your own in a thread that you are a part of.
    I do that all the time. There is no such rule that I'm aware of. I did not delete any posts that I was a part of.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I do that all the time. There is no such rule that I'm aware of. I did not delete any posts that I was a part of.
    Then can we get clarification that the rule is no longer in place? Like from the rest of the mod team and/or Tned? If you have been doing it that was something that was off limits to mods when i was a part of the team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Then can we get clarification that the rule is no longer in place? Like from the rest of the mod team and/or Tned? If you have been doing it that was something that was off limits to mods when i was a part of the team.
    Moderating has never been off limits to mods, north. Maybe that's why you are no longer on the team?

There is a guideline to not moderate a thread that you are participating in. This guideline has exceptions. I'm sorry if you didn't read them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Gents...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Moderating has never been off limits to mods, north. Maybe that's why you are no longer on the team?
    Im no longer a part of the team because i left on my own accord.

As to what im talking about it has nothing to do with moderating other threads. I would suggest you go back and read this thread from the beginning again but i think im just wasting my breath here as it seems to be going in one ear but out the other.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I have read it. I suggested you create in the first place as you were asking about it off topic in another thread.

I hear your concern North, I really do. Without going into too many behind the scenes details, there is a guideline, and that guideline does have exceptions. I was fully aware of the guideline and I did take appropriate steps to try not to moderate that thread. Other than deleting 1 post that had absolutely nothing to do with me or any conversation I was in, I did no moderation at all other than to state that I would shut the thread down in the attacks didn't stop. Any shutdown would have been temporary for another mod to review.

I assure you that I would never alter/delete/give infractions for any post that I was involved in. I'm not sure what I can do to prove that other than to ask that you trust me. And if you can't trust me, at least trust the other mods that you've worked with.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I have read it. I suggested you create in the first place as you were asking about it off topic in another thread.

I hear your concern North, I really do. Without going into too many behind the scenes details, there is a guideline, and that guideline does have exceptions. I was fully aware of the guideline and I did take appropriate steps to try not to moderate that thread. Other than deleting 1 post that had absolutely nothing to do with me or any conversation I was in, I did no moderation at all other than to state that I would shut the thread down in the attacks didn't stop. Any shutdown would have been temporary for another mod to review.

I assure you that I would never alter/delete/give infractions for any post that I was involved in. I'm not sure what I can do to prove that other than to ask that you trust me. And if you can't trust me, at least trust the other mods that you've worked with.
    Its all about trust and perception. If you are deleting stuff in a thread that you are partaking in than they shows some bias on your part of what you are deleting. As i said, maybe the mods have changed their stance on this, maybe they just didnt tell you that particular rule like they told me i cant answer that. But, im already looking at past threads where the concern of over moderating and mods stepping out of bounds became a concern on this site. And all i can do is go by my own experience of when i was mod and what was expected of me in terms of how i needed to not moderate a thread i that i was actively participating in. Yes, i do have some concerns with you being a mod and whether you can be fair in your approach and this situation doesnt help ease me in anyway. Im going to let the other mods take part in this (hopefully they will speak up) and give more clarification on this. I know im not crazy and im not bringing this up because i want to. But it is a concern for me as a member of this forum if mods are moderating threads they are partaking in. It just leaves the door open for mod bias in my opinion which i would like to avoid going forward.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Arby's is both delicious and healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

So. If I post in a thread a year ago and mod the thread now I'm not supposed to?

If that's the case I might as well not post at all then unless I'm moding Right?
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    So. If I post in a thread a year ago and mod the thread now I'm not supposed to?
    From what i was told if you are actively partaking in a thread that you are not supposed to moderate it personally. The whole idea was about trust and perception of the community, people's concerns arose when mods would engage with members (mainly in P&R), start trolling, flaming, etc and then start deleting posts and moderating posts that they helped instigate. We arent talking about regular conversations Turf, we are talking about hot topics and things that get escalated.

From what i was told if you are actively partaking in a thread that you are not supposed to moderate it personally. The whole idea was about trust and perception of the community, people's concerns arose when mods would engage with members (mainly in P&R), start trolling, flaming, etc and then start deleting posts and moderating posts that they helped instigate. We arent talking about regular conversations Turf, we are talking about hot topics and things that get escalated.
    I agree buddy. However, in this particular instance, he did not delete anything but name calling. He didn't call the name or get called the name. He was acting on a personal attack on something that needed to be addressed.
    Bill Williamson:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information