Poll: Which would you rather have under center next year?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Foles or Cousins?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

ugh. . . PFT is reporting that we could make a run at AJ mccarron if he becomes an unrestricted free agent. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ugh. . . PFT is reporting that we could make a run at AJ mccarron if he becomes an unrestricted free agent. . .
    yuuuuck...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

This tells me (if true) that they're targeting a QB in the draft. AJ would be a placeholder unless he shocks the world.

God help us if they are interested because they still have faith in Lynch. Or maybe Kelly has shown them something?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    This tells me (if true) that they're targeting a QB in the draft.
    i would certainly hope that's the case, and that it's one of the top QB prospects. . . you never know this time of year, though. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Why would that bother you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Why would that bother you?
    because mike glennon. . .

i don't think AJ is anything special at this point in his career, but somebody could still make him a fairly substantial offer based on the current QB market. . . also, i would have some trepidation about the possibility that the FO might view him as a starter--especially if they do give him a decent sized contract. . . now, if he's coming here on a two-year, $15 million deal as a bridge starter for a highly drafted rook, then fine, i guess. . . but i don't want him at $15+ mil/year for multiple years, and as a presumptive starter, with only a mid-round developmental guy and lynch/kelly behind him. . . i want darnold/mayfield/rosen, or captain kirk. . . not a fan of investing any significant assets into the likes of tyrod taylor, teddy B, AJ, or any of the other likely to be available vets in hopes of making them into an effective starter. . . really, get cousins, or draft a kid high and throw him in the fire. . . if he can't handle that pressure, you probably got the wrong guy anyway. . .

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

No source this time a year (or any time of year really) is worth taking at their word. This includes Cugel's sources as amazing as those sources are.

"Sources" make interesting listening/reading and make interesting conversation, but I wouldn't take what any of them have to say with a grain of salt.

9. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Just get Nick Foles. Draft a top OT in the 1st round. We are good!

Foles can throw, run, and catch. Offensive coordinator can create a new name for Foles to catch the ball. (Mile High Special!)

Again, which Foles are we talking about?

The 1 that had 1 awesome year under Kelly and 1 great playoff game, or the other Foles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Again, which Foles are we talking about?

The 1 that had 1 awesome year under Kelly and 1 great playoff game, or the other Foles.
    Or, we could talk about the choices based on being a Superbowl MVP, or someone who hasn't been to the playoffs yet?

Ummm.....Foles is under contract with Philly, and with Wentz coming back from surgery, why the hell would Philly give him up? It would take a full on ruhtard offer to pry him away. Not happening. Neeeeext.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Or, we could talk about the choices based on being a Superbowl MVP, or someone who hasn't been to the playoffs yet?
    EDIT: He did play in two playoff games. One in 2012 (he was an excellent 3-10) The other in 2015 after a really good 9-7 season resulting in a wildcard playoff game.

One was a fluke who crashed and burned. The other was a self-made man who proved everyone wrong, repeatedly.

Now, Foles got hosed by Chip Kelly, I don't disagree there. And, he was never given any room to make mistakes and still keep his job. So, to the Foles supporters, I get it. I think I've been too harsh on him.

I think both are risky and I am now in favor of a full blown rebuild. If not, and we 'have' to pick one, Cousins would be my route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Are we really going to hang his hat on 1 superbowl game? Compared to a guy who has put up pro bowl caliber numbers for 3 straight seasons?

He played a great game but what happened during the season and his 79 rating? What happened when he was given the chance to start in St. Louis? Why didn't he hold the job in Philly? Why didn't he steal the job from Alex Smith when they clearly wanted to replace him?

He is a journeyman capable of having a great game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Nick Foles is more than 1 football game. He has played very well for a good chunk of his career. I would alsdo Sao his failures have come with as lot of extenuating circumstances.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information