Poll: Which would you rather have under center next year?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Foles or Cousins?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Why do people expect Foles to be more expensive than Cousins who is expected to command the richest contract in NFL history?

2. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Cousins for that reason.
    Exactly. The only chance we have with this staff is to bring in an accomplished QB they hopefully can't ruin.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Why do people expect Foles to be more expensive than Cousins who is expected to command the richest contract in NFL history?
    Who expects that? I think people are saying his relative cost/production will be more than cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Because he just outplayed Tom Brady and won Superbowl MVP on one of the best performances in recent superbowl history. Someone is going to pay him. He's about to be $100 million richer.

7. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Because he just outplayed Tom Brady and won Superbowl MVP on one of the best performances in recent superbowl history. Someone is going to pay him. He's about to be $100 million richer.
    He won't get a bigger contract than cousins though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Exactly. The only chance we have with this staff is to bring in an accomplished QB they hopefully can't ruin.
    Maybe.

But what if Cousins is good enough to at least partially over come Clown Shoes' ineptitude, such that we manage to bang out 7-8 wins next year? Thus saving the coaches job for another year?

That would be no bueno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

10. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Maybe.

But what if Cousins is good enough to at least partially over come Clown Shoes' ineptitude, such that we manage to bang out 7-8 wins next year? Thus saving the coaches job for another year?

That would be no bueno.
    It's a chance I'd be willing to take. Maybe he's awesome and gets us to the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Doesn't matter with this staff. Sorry I'm emo about it. Just have no faith they can develop or properly deploy a QB.
    Cousins for that reason.
    Then I hope we draft a QB and sign a journeyman. I have no faith in this HC ever being competent so I'm taking the long view of looking past next season. Just let VJ flail in the first 4 or 5 games like he is bound to do then move on in 2019 to a staff with an actual NFL calibur HC at the helm with a talented young QB to build around.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

He won't get a bigger contract than cousins though.
    Bigger? Maybe not, close to? yes. And he's going to cost at least 1-2 first round draft picks to acquire off the eagles. That's the part that makes it unattractive.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Maybe.

That would be no bueno.
    Jay Grueden IMO is as bad or worse than VJ and he didn't hold Kirk back this season. We'll see.

15. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Then I hope we draft a QB and sign a journeyman. I have no faith in this HC ever being competent so I'm taking the long view of looking past next season. Just let VJ flail in the first 4 or 5 games like he is bound to do then move on in 2019 to a staff with an actual NFL calibur HC at the helm with a talented young QB to build around.
    If this is the perspective Elway has, though, why bring back VJ at all? I'm assuming he still thinks VJ could work here, so I don't see why he'd hamstring him by limiting the roster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Foles ive always thought kind of got a raw deal his first go around in Philly. But even in his return he has had far more talent to work with when it comes to the Eagles than Cousins has had in Wash the last two years despite still putting up numbers. Would i take a chance on Foles if he was the only option left for us outside of a draft pick? Yes. But at this point i would still want Cousins because he seems to be able to make those around him play better and i have yet to see Foles do that.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

If this is the perspective Elway has, though, why bring back VJ at all? I'm assuming he still thinks VJ could work here, so I don't see why he'd hamstring him by limiting the roster.
    I think we were shoehorned into it. We have gained a reputation of being "coach killers" so we've gotta rough it out, let him prove he can't do it and then fire him. If we fired him in the first year, we'd have a hard time finding a replacement.

20. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Foles just became Cousins worst nightmare.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Foles ive always thought kind of got a raw deal his first go around in Philly. But even in his return he has had far more talent to work with when it comes to the Eagles than Cousins has had in Wash the last two years despite still putting up numbers. Would i take a chance on Foles if he was the only option left for us outside of a draft pick? Yes. But at this point i would still want Cousins because he seems to be able to make those around him play better and i have yet to see Foles do that.
    Yeah this is why I don't want Foles. He needs to be in the right system to thrive, and this ain't that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information